1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

American Gut Flora Results

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by seanb4, May 24, 2015.

1. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Received my British Gut results and the data seems lacking and I'm not sure how to decipher it.

From what I have gathered my Bacteroidetes outnumber my Firmicutes by quite a lot which, on the one hand, appears to be a good sign as the flip is associated with obesity, on the other, it is associated with celiac disease.

My Actinobacteria and Verrucomicrobia are a lot lower than average whereas Fusobacteria is higher.

Not sure what else to really take from the test, it only measures at the genus level so it's impossible to tell if the strain is a pathogen or not.

My own, separate from this test, thoughts as to what could be causing my gut problems is 02 entering my gut thanks to a shitty lower esophagus. I know it's bad because I can feel water/food reflux back up after I eat eat / drink / bend over. I also think I have very low stomach acidity. I think this because the reflux never burns, I have more issues with protein, I can take boat loads of betaine hcl without burning, and my hair analysis indicates a low salt level.

Any thoughts?

gut2.png gut1.png