1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Amber's Sunny Daze Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Amber Ament, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

My UVEX arrived this morning!! :cool: I can already see the screen better when I wear them.
    I am attempting to limit my screen time as much as possible...I am trying to give up my online job asap too to help with this.
    I have some major body stuff happening today that I will write about soon, but already I think these glasses are helping with that....maybe its mind over matter? I hope everyone who sees this is having a good one! Cheers :ninja:....I now look a little like this with glasses on when I am at the computer....is it just as important to cover arms too and would gloves be a thing to do while using computer? So many questions every day...:confused:
    Enjoy the close-up view. :thumbsup: IMG_1423.JPG

caroline likes this.
  2. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

*eat lots of fish - I have started doing this recently, still not sure how much DHA we need each day"

I think Jack discusses DHA in one of his webinars, can't remember which one. DHA consumption should be at the level of your blue light toxicity. I dunno if thats a quantifiable statement, I'll tell you what I do per extrapolating from the the webinar's info: I have started to buy sardines in water or olive oil (basically in a base that isn't omega 6 rich, but rather omega 3 rich). It's cheap in most areas apparently, its packed with DHA. I eat about 1 to 2 cans a day right now. Another thing I believe (correct me if I'm wrong peeps) that makes sardines a golden nugget of food is that its a small fish and thus hasn't had as much lifespan to build up toxicities in its body like larger fish? Dunno if that helps.

J

caroline and Amber Ament like this.
  3. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Covering your throat is really important. I purchased a selection of scarfs, or else I wear a turtleneck. For summer I'm making neck bands that should be a little cooler. Yes, arms too. I can't type with gloves. If gloves could make a difference then what you really need is less computer time. I also have Iris software on my computer and a Reticare screen on top.

Amber Ament and MITpowered26 like this.
  4. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Thanks MITpowered26, I have listened to few now and I have started doing the same, I've heard the same info about the sardines somewhere along the way too...I am craving them, yesterday I had 3 cans, today I've already had 2.
    I've never eaten them from a can ever and now I can't get enough of them. I was almost vegan 2 months ago, I don't miss meat at all, except I was always craving fish, only 7? months ago I was living next door to a fish and chip shop and I resisted walking in there so often.
    In the 1.5years I lived there I only bought squid tubes 3 times, I've always said you have to feed your cravings in some way as I find it usually means you are lacking something from whatever you crave in some way, it usually took over a week of craving for me to go "right, that's it I'm going next door" :rolleyes:. Silly me....
    I don't crave any of the others - cows, pigs, sheep etc, dairy makes me swell, as does sugar, wheat..well I think it does?

caroline likes this.
  5. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Thanks Katie, I never realised that about the throat, but it makes sense. I feel I have less screen time than the average Joe already and it's only going down more, but I do want to read all of Dr Jacks stuff and listen to things too so I have to be on here for some time to gain more knowledge - catch 22's everywhere!
    I heard Dr Jack mention Iris software on a podcast yesterday so I downloaded it, but it only lasts for another 6 days before I have to pay...I don't have money, so I have to be very careful with what I get at this stage.
    I just looked at Reticare and that will definitely have to wait further down the track, and hopefully by then I'll be offline altogether....I still need to hardwire my system yet, which is already going to cost another $70AU, I've never had this many expenses and this little amount of money at the same time, its frustrating. The one day of paid work I do have was today and my lift to work was too hungover to pick me up, it would have been nice to know this prior to the 30minute bike ride in the fog to meet him, but oh well, at least I got 30minutes of sunshine on the way back, just no pay and only $100 to survive till then - lucky I don't 'need' anything. :whistle:
    I only questioned the gloves as I haven't heard any mention of gloves in all the things I have listened to so far and I was curious if it was something else that may be advised. ;)

caroline likes this.
  6. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

Good Job Kathy. I think your list is quite good and no matter what you, or anyone else is doing it is not lame.
    This is an N=1 Game. Yes some people are farther down the right path, and yes, some of us went farther down the wrong path, but I believe we are all here now to get headed down the right path. We can definitely help guide each other but everyone's progress is unique to them.

7. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

I'm not sure what is going on in my body but I suppose you could say I swell (retain fluid) when I eat foods that are not good for me. Or I have something going on that prevents me from eating certain foods. Not sure which one it is, maybe both?
    I also have a lot of tingling sensations in my face area and mainly on my right side, and this is typically brought on by chemical fragrances - I think.
    I do have Ross River fever and not sure if its related in anyway, the doc wanted to test me for things like MS, fibromyalgia, etc after he ran other tests and nothing came up abnormal.
    It would take me an hour to type out all the different, weird and wonderful things my body has done in the last two years but I'll just start with what I did on the weekend in case anyone can tell me what may be going on.
    Please don't suggest I get testing of any nature done, as I cannot afford it right now, I have only been to the doctor maybe 3 times in the last two years and that is only if I think I am dying or in serious trouble.

Over the weekend I kinda did an experiment on myself. I ATE CAKE WITH WHEAT & DAIRY - I didn't realise this at the time, but I also had 2 MOUTHFULS OF WHEAT NOODLES and 2 CRAPPY CHOCOLATE BISCUITS, 2 squid tubes cooked in olive oil.
    In general I don't eat anything from a can or a packet, I make everything from scratch and am very limited to what I do have. In addition to my not so standard eating routine I was in areas with 10x more Emf's than usual for almost 2 days. I have been eating more fish but I am very active too.
    As a result of all this, this is the weight fluctuations I have recorded due to the swelling I received.
    FRIDAY 58.7kg (before leaving and eating bad stuff)
    SUNDAY 9pm 64.6kg
    MONDAY 7am 63.6kg (Computer 1 hour, sun 1/2 hour, smoothie, lemon drink)
    10.30am 64.3kg (Sun 1/2 hour)
    11.00am 63.9kg (computer 1 hour, lunch- smoothie, can sardines, sun 2hours)
    3.30pm 63.6kg (yard work - overcast 2 hours, sunset, dinner - sardines, veges, bunya nut curry)
    9.00pm 64.5kg
    TUESDAY 5.00am 63.3kg (lemon drink, big smoothie, 2x sardines, 30minute bike ride in fog, 30 minutes bike ride in sun)
    12.00am 62.7kg (computer 1 hour......going outside after I post this)

I will post next weight later (its midday here NOW)

My legs and face always feel more swollen and tighter than everywhere else and I do expect to lose another 2kg by the end of the day or at least by tomorrow....usually the swelling is gone by now. My lower back aches more when this occurs. I figure this is a good place to keep a record of what is happening in my body, I usually try to ignore as best as I can and just get on with what I have to do. When this has happened in the past and I had a computer job mostly, it would get to the point that I could not stand up anymore because it hurt. If I elevate my legs above my heart it helps somewhat and submersing in cold water does too, but I never stay still for longer than 15minutes and I find this challenging.
    Just as a side note...I have tingling sensations in my nose area & upper lip at the moment, my neck aches (probably from the heavy load I just bike rode all over the place), and my right leg hurts a bit, my stomach area - front and back feels tighter than normal.
    If anyone has a name for what may be going on for me please let me know and I will look it up - I seem to present with symptoms of 5 different things all at once when things do happen and docs have no idea when I have asked. It doesn't stop me carrying on in general, but clearly I have something going on.
    One of the main reasons I ran into Dr Jack is because I was attempting to get my body 'baby ready' as my partner keeps talking about children (I have 2, he has none). We've been best friends for 12 years (on and off) and solid best friends for the last 2 years, he's 8 years younger than me and if I want to have anymore kids it needs to happen now as I am 40yrs....but it's not going to. Still glad I found Dr Jack as a result of trying to be the best I can be.
    Anyway, time for Sunny Daze.....after a glorious sunset last night.....enjoy! IMG_1765.JPG

8. _J_

_J_ New Member

An alternative to iris is f.lux

It also will reduce the colour temp. of the blue light

It may not be as complete as the iris software, but the benefit is that it is free to download

caroline likes this.
  9. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Woohoo!!! Thanks so much, you guys save me so much time not having to find more stuff. If you are ever in Oz, over near the Sunny Coast, we gotta go get fish and chips or something. :D

_J_ likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

why not try just having sardines for a few days? you mentioned smoothies and nuts??????

Maybe really simplify what you are eating to see what you are reacting too......

Amber Ament and drezy like this.
  11. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

When I say smoothies they consist of water, cacao powder, turmeric paste (turmeric, ginger, coconut oil, pepper), maybe a banana or another piece of fruit (persimmon lately), sunflower seeds & or soaked almonds, 1/2tsp chia seeds, dulse, cinnamon and honey.....also sometimes chorella powder, protein powder with plant based proteins. When I say I had a 'big smoothie', this means I added more water than usual. I don't add all these ingredients everytime.
    I have been doing this for months and I get no reaction and no swelling.
    My eating is already very simple, the smoothie is the most complex thing I eat really.
    It is taking longer for me to get rid of this fluid than normal and the only different thing I have added to my diet is the sardines.....I think it was that damn cake that did this though?
    I'm still sitting on 61kg after sardines and a simple smoothie, and one lemon drink this morning. 1 hour of bike riding to visit the local markets to get food this morning. I think I have put on weight overall though with the sardine intake, that does not bother me but my legs still feel slightly tight.

My groceries this week were fish, cucumbers, sweet potato, tomatoes, onions, bananas, small guavas (on the tree outside), lettuce, sorrel, squash, beetroot. I don't use pre-bought condiments, I don't eat anything from the standard supermarket...except I have just gone back to it recently to buy fish. If I do make sauces I use honey as the sweetener - recently I have made mango chutney, bunya nut pesto and bunya nut curry paste....only adding spices & herbs, coconut oil, olive oil and blending together. If I make something sweet I use honey and never sugar...no flours.
    I will eat more fish and less of others things if you think that is a good thing to do, but I really don't eat that much.
    Thank you Caroline. :)

12. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

I am searching online for a free basic physics course in an attempt to understand things better on this site. If anyone has any good ones they know of please let me know.

13. Kathy Spears

Kathy Spears New Member

Not certain of your goal,but if it's weight loss, I would cut back all those carbs you are eating. Fruits may be thought to be "healthy" but they are very insulinogenic which causes the body to store fat. Mango, honey, banana, almonds, chutney, sweet potato = lots of carbs causing lots of insulin to be released. Also, plant proteins do NOT replace animal protein for health. Have you looked at Dr K's paleo RX?

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Kathy carbs do not fatten us.......unless UV and IR light are absent.

JanSz and Amber Ament like this.
  15. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Thank you Kathy. My goal is to not be inflamed and/or retain fluid, and not be full of aches. I push through it, but even my doc said that most people in my condition give up and stay in bed or take medication, haha.
    I am small enough and don't wish to lose weight. I work hard and the kg's fall off under the best of circumstances so I eat maybe more than I should? You have given me some things to think about and question more. :)
    The chutney's main ingredients were mango and water & honey, with lots of spices like ginger, cardamon, turmeric, mustard seeds, etc. I only add a tablespoon to salads or use cucumber as 'biscuits' and put some on top. I know plant proteins don't replace animals, but our industries are disgusting and I can't support them let alone eat inferior food.
    If the animals aren't healthy & mistreated and don't get the sun, then I feel there is no nutrition. When I was eating more chicken I only sourced from 2 places, the same with anything I source...I talk to the farmers before anyone else. My kids choose to eat certain meats, I myself prefer not to eat cows and pigs and sheep no matter what condition they are in. It is expensive, very expensive to source what I would eat if I could bring myself to do it.
    I haven't looked at Dr K's paleo RX yet, and I have avoided it as I know its going to say I have to eat those things but it makes me feel sick just thinking about it - I can do fish though!!
    I downloaded about 10 podcasts this morning to listen to this week, I will see if i can find one about the Paleo RX too, I am really trying to be offline as it makes my swelling worsen - not sure if it is because I am in one spot (I stand at computer and do move as much as I can), or because of the frequencies? Maybe both. If i download I can elevate my feet in my room above my head and not have the wifi on so I figure that is better, I hope.

So the plan is to lay off a few more carbs for now to see if there is any difference, eat more fish...and go back outside and ground myself...I farm barefoot now. Look into Paleo RX when I get back inside.

Side note for progress - these UVEX glasses make everything clearer, my slightly blurry vision hasn't happened even after an hour, I feel the need to leave the computer more often since covering up - it's bloody hot here and I sweat more inside than out! 48 degrees in the sun only a few days ago, mini heatwave, and the gauge was still rising but I was afraid it would explode so I put it back in the 36degree shade. :thumbsup:
    Have a good one! :cool:
    Here's my groceries this morn, I forgot about a few things I bought, all organic. IMG_1780.JPG ...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  16. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

I am rather forgetful and need lists, so I will put my lists here to help myself out. If anyone reading thinks I need to ad more to these lists please get in touch, thanks!

If there is any Aussies in the Sunshine Coast region that want to do bulk orders in future for certain things please get in touch.

THINGS I NEED TO GET/DO:
    1. Lugol's https://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/2ozlugolssolution24packincludesshipping.aspx
    .CROW'S® Lugol's Solution of Iodine 2% Pro Pack-As low as $7.99 ea. bottle + Free US & Canada Shipping!
    Professional Packs: 24-2 oz.($8.49 ea.) $203.76 -----
    2. Bronze membership
    3. BORON
    4. S.Pelllergrino Water and/or Purea Water - ONTO IT
    5. Testing of myself
    6. Thermometer
    7. Epi-paleo RX book
    8. Triodine 7 (instead of lugols for now? - research)

QUESTIONS THAT HAVE POPPED UP FOR ME TO RESEARCH LATER:
    1. Am I getting to much sun?
    2. I need new teeth, what negative effects are dentures going to have and what do I need to do to offset these.
    3. Should I invest in a RO system, running tank water through it, and add back the things that I need? Can this even be done? - THIS HAS BEEN ANSWERED
    4. What do I need to get tested? Where do I go in Oz to do this or do I send things overseas?
    5. Is the tattoo I have on my back the cause of my back pain? What can I do to offset this? Does the sun on tattoos make it worse or better?
    6. Am I taking too much turmeric paste? (turmeric, ginger, coconut oil, pepper)

IMPROVEMENTS!!!
    1. After 3 days of wearing the UVEX glasses & covering up I feel I am already sleeping better and feel slightly less cloudy and overwhelmed. 31/3/19 - SLEEPING HAS IMPROVED EVEN MORE
    2. I am learning and retaining some of this information!
    3. I am more aware of my computer usage, covering up and using it less and less...I come here more than facebook now.
    4. I have started blasting myself with cold water in the shower.
    5. Seeing every sunrise and sunset lately! Because I am farming I spend many hours outdoors, I farm barefoot and wear next to nothing whenever possible.

BODY ISSUES/FAMILY HISTORY
    1. Need new teeth - apparently I have a heredity condition. My Nanna had false teeth by the age of 20, she would have been around 100years now. Not sure what the condition is called but the enamel did not form/grow properly.
    I had a mercury filling at the age of about 8 I think, it eventually fell apart and was removed - not safely! I think this happened after I had my first baby - I cannot recall exactly when.
    My daughter has the same condition and I want to give her the best possible treatment, which is probably going to eat up most of my inheritance.

2. Constant lower back pain, neck pain everyday, I thought due to a ankle injury from Roller Derby. My body is out of whack, one shoulder sits lower than the other...my daughter is a masseuse and fixes me when able. It makes a lot of difference. My daughter did lymphatic drainage massage on me for 1.5hours (usually 3, but I cant stay still) and for the first time in years I had almost no pain for a half day.

3. Swelling/water retention when I eat certain foods. I can't sit for long, or stand for long in the one spot. - THIS IS NOW LESS THAN USUAL - 31/3/19

4. My grandmother (mothers side) died last September from Breast cancer and lung cancer, the cancers were unrelated. She took endone and oxy for years from a broken hip...also anti-depressants (Lovan), blood pressure and about 10 other big pharma drugs.

5. My mother has a long history of mental illness, has taken almost every anti-depressant on the market and decides when she needs to come of them. Very violent person who lives in her head and dwelling on how hard done by she is, I had a violent childhood. I haven't spoken to her in years, she even claimed I was ina cult (Landmark education) when I could finally have a conversation with her and not get upset, change the topic and redirect to more positive things. I have a history of mental illness myself, took anti-depressants for 6 months when I didn't know any better......but I knew they weren't for me so I choose self help and no big pharma.

6. I was a teachers aide for 7 years, colleagues suggested I have ADHD, or Aspergers...I score well on Aspie tests haha, but I'm not a 'highly intellectual' one, I am a hands on kinda person and learn through doing. I taught Autistic children & foster kids very well...I put my tendencies of this nature down to my weird upbringing.

7. My Mother, Grandmother and Aunt have all had their gallbladder removed.

8. My brother is a Muai Thai trainer, after copping a blow to the neck and moving to Sweden he has been diagnosed with MS...but he still trains & gardens - nursery man by trade.

9. My dad has been fighting esophagus cancer for just over 2 years and winning more than losing it seems, but it's trying to get him again. He was supposed to be dead in 18months.

10. I reacted to the MMR vaccine as a baby - arm blew up to 3 times the size and apparently I did not receive the other 2 injections as a precaution.

11. I always had coldsores as a kid (stress of violence?)

12. My grandad (mothers side) died of Emphysema when I was 18.

13. I seem to be very sensitive to chemicals/frangrance. I react in way that leave my skin feeling like ti is crawling - usually only in my face/neck/head area.

14. After testing, it was discovered I have 50% extra lung capacity than the average person.

15. I react to alcohol, to the point where I don't even want to have a drink in case it happens again. Not sure if Ross River related? But I have had a negative reaction prior to having the Ross that I put down to stress. I have NEVER been a big drinker. The last time I drank, I had one drink, ended up in hospital - they thought I had ruptured my spleen, did a CT scan - ran bloods and other things - sent me home in pain not knowing what was happening. I came good. I decided to have a sip of someone's drink to try it since - ended up throwing up 1/2 hour later. Never again.

16. I have many lumps in my left breast, it went weird an developed a 'shelf' underneath (now gone) - got it looked at once and they said they it wasn't cancer yet. I used to put my phone in my bra when I was doing cleaning work.

17. Bursitis in my right hip - due to ankle injury says the doc - I also think sticking my phone in that location has contributed to this.

18. Carpel Tunnel - not officially diagnosed - in right hand due to cleaning. I cannot use that hand to wring out a cloth and after 3 hours cleaning it starts playing up a little - I also put this down to mouse usage.

INTERESTING/ANNOYING THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT MYSELF
    1. I tan easily - dad is greek, grandad on mothers side was dutch - both very brown.
    2. I too often dwell on things, have a negative outlook and need others to help me see the flip side.
    3. I can overreact too quickly, but have learnt skills to help rectify that within moments, a day maximum...it COULD take up to two weeks or NEVER to turn shit around.
    4. I don't drive a car and have no desire to, I have practiced...it's like I am boxed in and can't focus, I can ride a bike with confidence though.
    5. I don't often get sick eg cold, flu, virus....I get more injuries than anything else.

I know I have missed things and I can't remember everything as well. I cannot & will not contact my mother to confirm or deny certain things. I need to talk to my dad (we reconnected about 7 years ago, prior to that I was 13years when I saw him) to find out more about the history of his side.

I don't expect any feedback from this, but if you got this far - thanks for reading! :D:thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Inger and MITpowered26 like this.
  17. Amber Ament

Amber Ament New Member

Also yesterday I made this with what I could find lying about in the shed, I just have to show someone, because I am proud of what I can do with my hands IMG_1786.JPG IMG_1787.JPG IMG_1788.JPG .

Inger, MITpowered26 and drezy like this.
  18. drezy

drezy Gold

Rotating compost/worm bin?

You may claim to not know physics. Your hands know for you.

Amber Ament likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Boluoke
    will fight calcified heart arteries.

Boluoke is made out of earth worms (and cost a lot).

Eat worms, prevent arteries calcification.

upload_2019-3-21_21-49-52.png

Amber Ament likes this.
  20. _J_

_J_ New Member

Being a fellow Australian, I can tell you a few things I have found in my last 6-9 months research:
    (please note: this is only my context, not necessarily a general recommendation for you)

THINGS I NEED TO GET/DO
    4. One of the biggest problems with Aus is the fluoridated water (I won't go down the deuterium rabbit-hole at the moment). I generally use Pureau for most day-to-day drinking (RO water). Sometimes, I buy imported water like San P, or Icelandic, but generally when its on "special". My only "treat" was to get a magnetic vortexer (http://www.phion.com.au/product/apollo-water-vortexormea-device-2-glass-bottles/) which structures the water that I drink. I was going to test the water output (to see if its negatively charged as claimed), but I am still waiting to buy a measuring device.

QUESTIONS THAT HAVE POPPED UP FOR ME TO RESEARCH LATER:
    3. I thought about RO water system too, but decided against it because I only drink bottled water. My concerns were more because of the fluoride being absorbed when you shower/bath, but it appears that the skin blocks molecules larger than 100 nanometres, and generally the fluoride molecules are too large to be absorbed. The limited research I did suggested that there is an awful lot of water loss/cost in the process of RO.
    4. You can pop along to the doc and get some medicare testing done. I have done this on a few occasions, but haven't abused it too much. I have also used i-screen as well, although that is a pay-per-use service

Also, some of my current/best things I am trying at the moment - eat lots of fish (oily/DHA), as much sunlight as I can get, and frequent cold (even if its just cold showers, or ocean swimming)

Glad to hear you had some improvements along the way!