1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Amber Light Bulbs

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by KetoKatie, Feb 17, 2015.

1. KetoKatie

KetoKatie New Member

Having an indecision crisis because I want both the best option and need to mind my budget...We only have about 16 bulbs in our apartment total if I change out every bulb (and assuming there's 2 in the ceiling lights in the bedrooms, there could be 1 or 3). Any reason not to change out every bulb, except being able to afford it?

Will 25 watts be enough?? I don't want hubs to complain that there's not enough light (though we don't have all 16 bulbs currently in action, I'm going to get 3 lamps added to the mix here so that will add light). Amber? Is coated ok or does it need to be clear glass? What about red or yellow/bug?

Best options I've seen so far...please share other links with me if you've got them:

Amber 60 watt are $5 ea here (so I can only afford 1-2, or do 7-8 and leave the rest of the lights as they are, white; 3 will go into the bathroom alone):
    http://smile.amazon.com/Globe-Elect...228451&sr=8-2&keywords=60+watt+a19+bulb+amber

Amber 25 watt 25 pack, h/t to Pinkie! for $36:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EY152W2...TF8&colid=234P4PHT4JU1K&coliid=I131OSNBUALQV5

2. KetoKatie

KetoKatie New Member

3. Kathy1967

Kathy1967 New Member

Hey KetoKatie! I'm looking for the best bulbs that I can use also - did you have any luck with lumesty.com?