1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Am I ready for cold water and ice?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Stephen W, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member

909B5972-0523-4A0C-9848-36A7945EF1E0.jpeg So I done the face dunks for 2 weeks, then 60min with ice on torso with compression shirt, skin nice and red.
    Then, first attempt with ice on torso with NO compression shirt, 60 min first attempt and skin was red the whole time see pic, however the skin thermometer said my skin was 30°f in some places, but it was still red( see pic straight after 60min direct ice on belly)

Am I ready for immersion and ice already? Even though this was my first attempt with direct ice on my belly? Or should I stay on this for a little longer?
    Thanks

2. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

The wheel doesn't need to be reinvented. Jack got shot with all the arrows on his butt so we don't have to.
    Keep us updated! You got this!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Stephen W likes this.
  3. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member

Y
    Ya lost me there..

4. CT is designed to increase the magnetism of your mitochondria so you are able to transfer DHA and oxygen to your cell membranes simultaneously.
    Make sure you are liberal with fats and seafood preparing for CT this is a sure way to have positive outcomes. DHA assimilation increases in tissues in cold weather.
    CT is a synonym for your magnetic sense, magnetism repels cold.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10751106

We can learn a lot from Cows

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/the-cold-pufa-connection-to-grounding-effects.18433/

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  5. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member

Cheers. I’ve never eaten seafood really until this last month. This last month though every day, a piece of wild sockeye salmon, a can of sardines and a can of muscles, plus prawns added in a few times a week. And kilpatrick oysters a couple times. I probably just need more time for this yeah..

Brent Patrick likes this.
  6. https://jackkruse.com/tensegrity-4-magnetism-electrons-sleep/
    'When you lose your DHA in your cell membranes you also lose your ability to sense the magnetic field you live in. The magnetic field you live within is like a circuit board in a semiconductor chip. It directs the current to where it needs to go'.JK

"Magnetism acts like a giant invisible circuit board for the currents emitted from DHA. Magnetism is tightly coupled to cold temperatures naturally"JK

I like doing CT before bed .Cold increases melatonin release!

caroline and Cheryl. like this.

7. Yes you need to eat as much as you can to preload DHA in your cell membranes. Individuals who don't will often complain that they cannot handle cold water.

I hated seafood until I joined this forum I overcome my own negative bias towards seafood and now eat it everyday, for me its about the positive function and results rather then the taste.

Anne V, caroline, drezy and 2 others like this.
  8. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member

Exactly the same mate. And funnily, I’m starting to not mind eating it now!

9. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

I think you should follow it step-by-step, silly goose. Jack worked on that protocol for 18 months.. even if you skip ahead a little faster I would stick as close to that protocol as I could.

10. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member

That’s the thing, I am, perfectly, however because I made it 60 min first go with ice direct on the belly, it seemed like I advanced to quickly or something is missing from the protocol. Anyway, all is good! I’m onto the water immersion with ice now. Just not too cold of water yet!

Cheryl. likes this.
  11. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

He said he did a few cold showers. You didn't want to do some cold showers first? I covered my head with a shower cap and then I got into a slightly cool shower and stayed there for a few minutes. Tell yourself that when it gets colder you will not move. Tell yourself you can handle it. And you will be able to.
    If you are going straight to bath and ice, make sure you cover your head, feet and hands. Each step is exciting. I am not at that point, congrats!

ETA: kudos, let us know how it goes!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    Stephen W likes this.

12. Keep going dont stop benefits keep increasing. :)

caroline likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

I remember JK saying he hated doing cold showers and they don't come close to submersion in a tub of cold water. My understanding is to just do it! If you really are having problems with the cold then use sox and gloves and a cap.

The protocol is face dunks and then the cold tub....... You may not be able to handle it for very long at first - but gradually increase the time. I found that sometimes I could stay in for a long time and other times not so long ....the important thing is to just do it!

Anne V, Brent Patrick and Cheryl. like this.
  14. Cheryl.

Cheryl. Grasshopper

Stephen did really good because he ate plenty of omega's. I looked back and Jack did not do very many cold showers before going to ice tub. I am more sensitive I have to continue with the cold showers and then do submersion, then ice submersion

Way to go!

Stephen W likes this.
  15. Mind set has alot to do with it ,for my n=1 I dont do any tub CT if I am worried or not mentally prepared.
    Mental focus in my humble opinion is a major factor in CT outcomes be it a good experience or a uncomfortable one.

Corey Nelson and caroline like this.
  16. DHA =proper cell signaling =easier CT

caroline likes this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Why does Black Swan seem to favor black and red lights and cold?

They change the quantum spin state fastest when you are disordered. ^^^^^People who start threads about CT usually are people loaded with spin state problems.

What does that mean? It means this: http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.ph...ides-pomc-b12-and-0g-5g-how-did-i-know.22749/

Jack' basis for the CT scale laid out in his CT protocol blog is that this is the TEMP range of what orders the quantum spin state or electrons and protons inside the visible spectrum of light on Earth BEST to work with the hydrated topologic insulators inside your cells. It is tied to information and energy quanta processing in mitochondria. You might want to get up to speed on your blind spots with regards to CT. If your redox sucks you need to increase the temp to find out where you are in heteroplasmy. Is this how Jack deciphers the angstrom difference likely present between your defective cytochromes to make predictions of how bad your environment really is?

YEP.

Brent Patrick, Stephen W and JanSz like this.
  18. Stephen W

Stephen W New Member

Well I’ve now found my shivering threshold which is in approximately 28°c (82f) water holding the ice on my torso. That’s a pretty piss poor effort and tells me my redox sucks balls!

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes it does.

Stephen W likes this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

cold showers are way harder than getting in a tub of ice cold water ..........

Corey Nelson likes this.