1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by JohnnyAZ, May 8, 2018.

1. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I think so because since we are getting more sun now my sleep gets better. During the winter especially near the end my sleep was hit or miss.

JohnnyAZ likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

So,
    first you have to mess up your Cortisol (Circadian Rhythm)
    then
    expect being vulnerable to
    allergy, Lyme, mold, viruses, heavy metals, ..........

Wonder how much I am exaggerating having:
    this:
    upload_2018-5-9_9-48-19.png
    instead of that:

upload_2018-5-9_9-50-20.png

============================
    The results were such that DUTCH commented:
    upload_2018-5-9_9-57-32.png

OTOH
    I also got a Agatson Calcium score 2 with comments:

upload_2018-5-9_14-26-8.png

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    JohnnyAZ likes this.
  3. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

Yesterday I listened to the 2016 January Webinar and QA and at one point Jack tells Melanie to focus on the basics and the rest will come...including an understanding as dopamine increases. As I get better this is all starting to make more sense. I am just very in tune with how I feel and when I don’t feel well, I want to know why to try and prevent it from happening again...trying to eliminate the triggers. However, I will focus on the basics right now and keep working through the material.

This may be a remedial question and one I should have asked long ago but am I supposed to look towards the sun or look directly at it?

4. EStein

EStein New Member

If you're genetically predisposed to mold, Lyme,- it makes it difficult to handle. For those of us with all 4 HLA-DR genes missing it's a big issue.

/

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Just do what wild animal does.
    No need to bug down in details.

6. Nadya

Nadya Gold

@JohnnyAZ I use bpi500 prescription glasses during daytime since last July. I work in the hospital in blue lit envirment, with a lot of time spend on the computer. At first I felt kind of dizzy now I cannot walk into the store or mall without putting my blueblockers on. I became very sensitive to artificial light. Sometimes when I feel sleepy during the day, I step outside for 5-15 min, work permitted, without glasses. Give it a chance

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Phosphene and Sheddie like this.
  7. Penny

Penny New Member

All I have to say is DHEA - honestly, the stuff is amazing - cortisol will spike for a million reasons - mold being one of them - get a DHEA, vitamin D test and if they are low, all the hormones in between are low - and say goodbye to brain fog:)
    https://jackkruse.com/hormone-cpc-1-dhea/

Phosphene and JohnnyAZ like this.
  8. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

I am currently using low-dose dhea to fix my sleep. It has given me immense benefits. If I take too much though I am very irritable and aggressive the next day.

9. Joseph Thia

Joseph Thia Aspiring Mitochondriac

Look in the direction of the sun, not directly at the sun.

10. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I hope you have not got a signifcant other who gets jealous, but I thought of you first thing this morning. :D
    I still think it is how many hours you wear them, but also the type of Blueblockers . The red in the lens simulates sunset so getting tired confused when you wear them at a time when you shold still be looking at activity. My first observation still stands taht your indoor outdoor ratio is off but if you are "forced" to be inside a long time then you may need a different kind of blueblocker,the kind that only has a slight yellow tinge. You can supplement that with an IRIS programme on your PC. iristech.co

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The best two ways to improve sleep are to observe the sunrise and block our eyes and skin from man made light once the sun sets.

Phosphene, Anita, drezy and 2 others like this.
  12. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

I have made more time in the sun each morning this week and I am feeling pretty damn good. Not sure if results can be that quick but I get up early every day now and do 30-45 minutes in the morning AZ sun.

Phosphene, drezy and Jenelle like this.
  13. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

In my experience, results can be that quick. Our bodies are pretty good at telling us what they like/need ~ it's just a matter of us actually learning how to listen.

Phosphene, JohnnyAZ and drezy like this.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

As part of one of those weird marital quirks my wife used to always like to discuss how bad she slept with me constantly. Now she's on good rails but sometimes throws herself off. I keep a log by my back porch door and note every morning that she doesn't get morning sun. Once she starts in on the bad sleep conversation, like a caring (yet slightly annoying) husband I'll tell her "Hold on let's just check with this log here ...*" Almost always she missed 2 - 3 days sun a row.

It all comes back within 2 days for her so sure it can work that fast.

* - Often I'll clear my throat for an obnoxiously long time while holding the log as if I were far sighted. I actually can't tell you if it's the desire for better sleep or the wish to avoid a smug-ass obnoxious husband routine that keeps her on the rails better.

15. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Oh man, @drezy ~ I'd probably knock your ass out. LOL... but I like your post, nonetheless. :)

My husband is Mr. Always Wears Shoes. I don't know why {shrug} -- he has always been that way. He also has a lot of aches & pains, and bulging discs. He had lumbar surgery in June of last year (this is part of "my story" I have not had good time to sit down and really write out yet).

So he's outside talking to me the other day, and mentions some pain or another. I briefly suggested that he should be out in the grass, barefoot, as much as he can. And I've been pleasantly surprised to see him DOING IT -- on his own -- every day when he wakes up now (which is in the afternoon, because he works nights ~ so not morning sun ~ but that's another issue altogether).

Now he's complaining of being allergic to something in the grass -- his feet are breaking out or something itchy. Sigh. There's only so much we can do for others. I think one of the very best things we can do is to just be a good example of feeling good.

Phosphene, drezy and JohnnyAZ like this.
  16. EStein

EStein New Member

this thread has stayed on track o_O

17. drezy

drezy Gold

It's @JohnnyAZ 's thread I'll kindly shut my pie hole if he asks me.

Why don't you go save someone else from oxalates. It's been at least 5 of your posts since you did that.

18. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

Please don’t ever do that @drezy...I enjoy your thoroughly.

However, I am not getting involved in whatever you two have going on.

I will say that too oft we follow the plan in spite of the goal so I say let the thread go where it will.

My wife has great sleep but horrid memory and I keep trying to get her to join me in what I am learning. She trusts me and will participate but we both need to get better at this stuff. The sun this week has been great for me so I am going to continue doing it every morning and try to get her to join.

Phosphene and Jenelle like this.
  19. drezy

drezy Gold

I've been incredibly lucky that my wife and boy do AM sun, CT, and increasing amounts of seafood. It's humbling to me.

One of my son's friend's mom's watched her mom and older sister pass away from alzheimers. I've shared LLLT studies with her, but I'm not sure she's ready to consider the "light" side of the human equation. My wife is spending most of her home time on computer outside, maybe because her home office is a strong red chamber of LED red panels and one of those reptile lights you mentioned in the past.

Lol. I don't know how she can sit there very long but she can do it longer than me!

Phosphene likes this.
  20. EStein

EStein New Member

and you have actual advice to provide or ?