1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by JohnnyAZ, May 8, 2018.

1. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

My major symptom that brought me to Jack and this website was massive brain fog and memory issues associated with the fog. I have been implementing much of the advice on this site and I am making massive improvements. However, I was recently prescribed minor prescription glasses because of an astigmatism in my right eye. I opted for blue blocking ones and I follow Jack’s advice and wear them constantly indoors and never outdoors. The issue is that when I wear them indoors my fog is worse than when I don’t wear them indoors. Am I addicted to blue light for cortisol production? Is there something else going on? Or am I just crazy?

I have experimented with this in multiple fashions as I used non-prescribed glasses a few months back and it is always the same result...I feel run down and foggy with them in indoors.

I know blue light is bad and I am not doubting that...I assume this is a sign of something broken in me.

Edit: it may be important to note that I haven’t fixed my sleep yet. I am sleeping better but still wake up repeatedly throughout the night.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Some details may just get you busy and on wild goose chase.
    The more time you spend outside, rain or shine, the better it is for your sleep.

When in doubt if you are getting enough outdoor time, get cortisol and melatonin saliva tests.

JohnnyAZ likes this.
  3. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

You probably just summed up the story of my life...been one long goose chase since I got sick. Luckily this site has provided answers and I am healing.

Jude likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

So, post here your 4x saliva cortisol test results
    It would also be nice to have melatonin.
    homocysteine too
    and BUN/CREAt ratio

EStein likes this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

FWIW I'm an energetic guy. I've only gotten so tired that I fell asleep with my daytime clothes on 4 times that my wife has seen. I know because she was worried and woke me up to check me the first two times.

3 of those 4 I was wearing blue blockers inside and plowed right into the bed. I sleep so deep that it was one of those "Which decade is it?" moments in the morning.

Jenelle, JohnnyAZ and Billybats like this.
  6. Billybats

Billybats New Member

lolhahaha Between you and my man cracking me up it makes my day here at this lame job better. When I first started using blue blockers it did that to me too but not that much anymore but I do get better sleeps now.

JohnnyAZ likes this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

The deepest sleep I ever got gave me a "who am I?" wakeup at the end.

JohnnyAZ likes this.
  8. Billybats

Billybats New Member

lol..exaaaccctly

JohnnyAZ likes this.
  9. EStein

EStein New Member

if you've got mold - cortisol will be messed for sure. Along with all the other hormones. Toss in Oxalates and it really gets ugly.

Earth Monkey likes this.
  10. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

@JanSz I haven’t had those tested in at least 6 months. I need to redo those soon.

Well thanks everyone, I am glad to know it isn’t just me. I will keep wearing them and as I balance I assume it will go away.

11. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

We had a mold issue a few years back. Wonder if it is still potentially affecting me.

EStein likes this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

@JanSz last I checked mold was likely here well before H. Sapiens. The same with Lyme.

Calling either out as a primary issue seems like a half answer or worse. Am I wrong?

13. EStein

EStein New Member

Lyme was developed by the Gov. as a weapon - Plum Island. So by your logic cancer has been around before humans so it can't be an issue & it's ok?

14. EStein

EStein New Member

issue? Was it in your home? Normal remediation methods won't remove it. Might look into an ERMI test for your home. Only one lab sells the kit. You might have to have some help with figuring out the test results as it will only list numbers.

Earth Monkey likes this.
  15. drezy

drezy Gold

Do you honestly want to bullhorn over an open question that I directly posed to another member who helps me understand the biologic pathways better than I do without him?

Also you left way too much on the table analyzing my question to come to some conclusion that cancer is OK by me.

Anyone that's been around here understands that "half truth"'s can be very tricky and involve subjects such as the particular weakness of the modern human immune system, or the potential strength/radicalization of mold, or both based on environment.

That question, not even directed at you, had more dimensionality than you can digest so have a seat, open your ears up a little more, and start asking better questions of functional medicine trope instead of your usual pseudo-conspiratorial spamming.

Anita, Sheddie, JanSz and 1 other person like this.
  16. EStein

EStein New Member

and your answer to help this member is? I don't see it on the thread.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

No bullhorns
    @Jack Kruse
    @drezy
    I think that in ideal word, healthy person should be immune to mold, possibly there may even be some better resistance to tick bites.
    But for this kind of person to be healthy
    his time with mold exposure must be small and sun exposure must be large.
    Mold does not do well when exposed to sunlight,
    but does well in swamps.

upload_2018-5-8_21-15-54.png

Sheddie likes this.
  18. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Sorry to be boring and basic but do you get sufficient outdoor time? You need some blue light and if you sit only sit inside with the blueblockers on maybe that is the reason. Maybe it is just that your indoor outdoor ratio is off.More outside time and see if the brainfog occurs ?

Sheddie, JohnnyAZ and JanSz like this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Brain fog and mold issues are both tied to circadian arrhythmias in the afflicted person.

Our eye clock, our camera vision, and all of our other senses like touch, smell, taste, and sound— rely on subatomic interactions, which rely, in turn on the interactions of electrically charged particles inside our mitochondria and in our hydrated proteins. Our immune system is really our 6th sense. It protects us from things in our environment. Using the sun creates wisdom in our B and T cells to make them competent. When sunlight is absent, the system loses its competence to operate and allergy, mold, viruses, and heavy metals issues manifest. You do not need to avoid these things, you need to increase your redox state to restore immune competence to the system to restore coherent communication. Light can alter the electromagnetic interactions in all these sensory systems to tune and retune our melody. Burying the sun can ruin our immune systems harmony. This is often married with poor cognitive haze because of the evolutionary links between neurogenesis and the MHC of the immune system. Even touch sensation, though for more subtle reasons, relies on electromagnetic vibrations and interactions. Since human senses are all based on electromagnetic interactions of some sort, they are all directly affected by photoelectric interactions that begin in the eye and skin and mitochondria. The wise see these connections while the sick chronically ignore them by never changing the environments that got them sick, to begin with.

20. JohnnyAZ

JohnnyAZ Gold

I should have maybe mentioned I have been using blue blockers at night for months and only really notice not feeling well when I wear them during the day (which is the new action). Like @drezy my sleep is better but I still get up 2-3 times a night to use the bathroom.

So basically what I am getting from this all is get more sun, continue to wear them inside, and keep working on my sleep.

Sheddie likes this.