1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Alyson at 2800 feet

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by alyson thiessen, May 19, 2015.

1. endless

endless New Member

When you say your thyroid is *normal*, does that mean TSH within range, or have you had more extensive thyroid testing? That measurement alone is not enough. It doesn't really tell you much. It certainly SOUNDS like a thyroid issue! Down to the cold intolerance....not sure if Gretchen is on the forum anymore but get in touch with her on FB, she has had a lot of thyroid issues.

Other than that have you tried a strict AIP diet to see if something you are eating is causing inflammation? I am doing it now and I just dropped 16 pounds in 2 weeks...I was so puffed up I looked inflated. No booze, no grain, no sugar. I am amazed how inflamed I was. I am in the same environment, just reducing things I was reacting to (still not sure what those things are).

And yes, I would test your environment....can you swing a tri field meter or maybe source one to borrow?

caroline likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Thyroid issues = low quantum yield. FYI. When you live in the DC area you must get out.......no way to mitigate it there. Eventually you just keep driving heteroplasmy rates higher in the thyroid and look for new answers because you refuse to believe what Wallace has proven in mitochondrial biology. You don't need to seek anyone out but that Wallace video and watch it until you really get it.

lohd2015 likes this.
  3. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

Hey babe. How much (good) water are you drinking? I've recently upped my water game two weeks ago and its been a huge difference maker for me. Went from 2 litres to 4-5 litres per day of good Mountain Valley Spring and San Pellegrino. Yes, been pissing my brains out, but that seems to have ameliorated in the last couple of days. Plus I don't wake up with any kind of thirst response. All the best honey.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Joe mentions something very subtle...............that things is more powerful that most realize. Learn to deepen your keel. When the winds of life blow you'll remain resolute in your journey even when you have to tack backward a bit from your target. This is the messiness of life; we all carry multitudes, so we must at times drift with the shifts beneath us. We are complicated creatures, and ultimately, the balance comes from understanding that sometimes you are like a boat and other time you actually are the water below. Life wants us to be more water like. Flowing, flexible, soft and chaotic. Subtly powerful yet open. Wild and serene. Able to accept all changes, yet still led by the pull of steady tides we face. Why do we need to be more like water and less like the boat? Water is the vagina for sunlight. It receives and memorizes the information in the sun. Factoid of the day: Limiting beliefs comes from an environment that gives our brain a low quantum yield of information. Low quantum yield means not enough sunlight. 'The sun is the most sophisticated information delivery service in existence'.........and you all need its messages to your eye and into your brain to teach you fundamentally what to do in just about any situation. When you listen to the messages your life becomes simple. You become like the hippo and don't have to be told what to eat of do because you already know. So the key is to do what you did Folks, step out into the light and bring as many with you as you can and watch how things improve without doing much at all.

Joe Gavin and lohd2015 like this.