1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Aloha from Hawaii ~

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Amy Bilberry, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Amy Bilberry

Amy Bilberry New Member

My 11 1/2 year old daughter and I have been through much turmoil over the last few years: I got cancer and went through 5 months of chemo and have been in remission since July 2014. I also ended a very abusive relationship and relocated here to Hawaii and am literally 'starting over' again - for the first time in my life!

I've been studying and re-educating myself on Ancestral Nutrition, Epigenetics and Paleo-Ketogenic diets/lifestyle for almost 5 years now but only had brief periods of sanity in which I was in an environment conducive to starting and maintaining the lifestyle before the $hi# hit the fan so to speak...

Always been about 25+ pounds overweight since adulthood and lost the most weight following the Atkins diet when I was 21. My daughter was born with insulin resistance and had non-alcoholic fatty liver disease at age 6 - we reversed this by diet alone but as she got older, old habits showed up again as life got more stressful. We both lost some weight and regained health and sanity briefly when my ex was away at school and we didn't have to 'deal' with his bipolar/alcoholic mood swings. We both are leptin resistant, pre-diabetic, pyroluria (high/low methylator), thyroid issues and she still has abnormal liver function.

Now, I'm getting settled here in Hawaii and plan to start my own wellness practice and therapy once I've reached my own health goals - hopefully by January of next year :)

I'm interested in the general key points and protocol breakdown for the BOTH of us - I'm also wondering if CT is safe for my daughter? It's refreshing to know that seafood and sea veggies are the best foods for the protocol and eating simply is the most enjoyable thing about this lifestyle! I would eat the same thing every day for weeks and consequently, due to the high fat content, ate only 1 large meal and 1 small snack each day! This is also a very sustainable diet for obvious reasons.

Anyone try the Cool Fat Burner vest? It looks easier to use although Jack said 'if you have belly/leg/butt fat - you should do ice baths submerging those areas'...

Any and all info is greatly appreciated!!

Alohi (Amy) & Amelie

Attached Files:

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Welcome Amy!

Hawaii sounds like a great place to start over. Kind if exciting to do that... I've had to start over a couple of times in my life. You can either let it overwhelm you or embrace it :)

I see no reason CT shouldn't be safe for your daughter. Nice that you have someone to CT with and keep the motivation going for each other.

Enjoy all the sunshine, seafood, and grounding there...

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi and welcome Amy ...to both you and your daughter and a brand new life! I am sending you a huge Koala bear hug from down under .... we are practically neighbours!

The cool fat burner vest is great.

You are a health care practitioner?
    Do you have JK's book? The Epi Paleo RX. Is your daughter following along here? reading etc.?

Please start a journal in the journal section so we can follow along with you on your journey. Dr. K. needs context to be able to direct you. Tell us everything LOL

It would be great if your daughter would start a journal too ...and we could get her perspective on this journey to optimal health ...that would be very neat!

There are others from Hawaii here as well - please connect with them and you can support each other.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Welcome Amy! I sure hope you are taking advantage of the ocean. Daily trips to the shore would be awesome. Do you drink water that is non-fluoridated?

rlee314 and Danco3636 like this.
  6. rlee314

rlee314 Silver

aloha.
    also living in hawai'i.
    doing full on epi paleo and other kruse principles of the 3 legged stool.

7. jackware

jackware Kama'aina

Where are you gals in Hawaii? Next July I'll be arriving with my wife and cats in Mountain View/Volcano area in Puna, Big Island.

8. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

Hawaii seems like a perfect islands.. I want to visit it.
    Actually nearly all pacific islands are awesome.. Me being french, french polynesia is also yummy!!