1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

ALL THINGS WEB 3.0

Discussion in 'The Kruse Longevity Center' started by Jack Kruse, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yep. sold out in a day

2. DebraGM

DebraGM My Quest for True Health

Is this a gold member event?

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

At an MIT conference in 2018, Gensler posited that Ripple's XRP and Ethereum's ether (ETHUSD) should be deemed securities. Since then, former commissioner William Hinman clarified that ether was sufficiently decentralized to not be counted as a security. Ripple's XRP, however, is still under the SEC scanner. Back then, Gensler predicted that the courts would ultimately decide XRP's fate as a security. That event is already in motion, and his agency will have a big hand in deciding its outcome.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

All members can attend if they are active and decide the price is right.

JanSz likes this.
  5. DebraGM

DebraGM My Quest for True Health

I would like to attend. Is there a link? I haven’t seen any information on how to attend?

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If you are Gold and have not been invited, that is A.
    If you are not Gold and have not been invited, that is B.
    There may be other possibilities.
    Which is it?

caroline likes this.
  7. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

Ripple price is currently reflecting the success they are having in court against SEC... up 550% in 2021. It's looking like the conspiracy theorists were right, it was all about getting the SEC closer...

I still don't trust it as it is absolutely centralised contrary to any of the shit they tell you. Many people I know are looking to ride it's bull run and then buy BTC once they generate the capital.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

History lesson for the group:
    Just curious what the top 10 altcoins by market cap were 4 years ago. This is their performance vs. #BTC
    ETH -39%
    XRP -73%
    LTC -78%
    NEM -88%
    DASH -93%
    ETC -93%
    XMR -75%
    XLM -65%
    GLM -93%
    REP -92%
    Altcoin diversification is a waste of time when you consider the move of BTC over the last 4 years.

GavinH and Sean Waters like this.
  9. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

John Schumacher and Sean Waters like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jack Kruse
    How would you see Bitcoin's situation
    if/when
    Ethereum Market Cap would become equal to or higher than Bitcoin's?
    Ethereum---->> printing press can print more of it
    Bitcoin------>> set number and no more of them

upload_2021-5-12_9-41-6.png

15. primalmofo

primalmofo Student Doctor

16. Tarun

Tarun Silver

What is your view on DeFi blue chips if hyperinflation gets to its pinnacle?

I understand why BTC would rise, as there would be a search for quality assets. Would this effect really outweigh the inherent growth in DeFi bluechips though?

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  17. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

A bitcoin DeFi project (
    @SovrynBTC
    ) launched just a few weeks ago and it already has over $1 billion in total value locked. It is growing faster than almost every ethereum based “DeFi” project. Why don’t the DeFi people celebrate this great growth and adoption???

JanSz and ND Hauf like this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

For instance, when asked about centralization risks associated with exchanges, Caitlin Long noted that the digital asset industry is making some of the same mistakes as traditional financial services:

“You cannot have perfect markets if you don’t have perfect information. The intermediaries in this industry are not doing proof-of-reserves and are not voluntarily disclosing financial statements to understand the counterparty risk associated with them. In some cases, with 100-to-1 or 125-to-1 leverage future contracts, the probability of loss is in the high 90th percentile. Would people actually trade those if they knew they were virtually guaranteed to lose money?”
    When asked about the ethos behind Avanti Financial, Long further remarked that “Satoshi gave us money that isn’t debt,” noting that Avanti is committed to solvency instead of liquidity. “A lot of folks are obsessed with liquidity, but Satoshi didn’t create anything designed to be leveraged and didn’t care about liquidity,” she said. Long additionally advised the audience to learn about circulation credit.

caroline, JanSz and Sean Waters like this.
  20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Wow. Bad news if you own Ether. I warned about this risk in the early BTC series. Sen. Warner and Portman are proposing a last minute amendment competing with the Wyden-Lummis-Toomey amendment. It is disastrous. It only excludes proof-of-work mining. And it does nothing for software devs. Here is all it excludes:
    [​IMG]
    If this passes this is the U.S. Congress picking winners and losers in crypto land.

Sean Waters and JanSz like this.