1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

ALL THINGS TEETH

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Jack Kruse, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Penny

Penny New Member

I just eat almonds for the prebiotic - and oysters and Lugol's and selenium - if I have an infection, I just brush with H2O2 and it goes away - probably crappy for my enamel, but short term I don't think it's a big deal - Trader Joes has a great mouthwash with tea tree oil in it - it truly will kill anything - but I bought a UV light from Rubilux lights to shine down my throat and eradicate bacteria in my mouth - I also use Trader Joes toothpaste because it has Myrh gum in it and that will kill h- pylori in your teeth - but a UV light will work better me thinks - I also have a tooth scraper - which I use when the plaque builds up - I had a sore throat recently and it went away when I got rid of my tooth infection - I think many diseases start in the mouth so it's critical to keep it clean - it's also a huge tell how your health is IMHO:)

KrusinWitchie and Dean6789 like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Why do not you eat
    Lugols and selenium
    on regular basis?
    I do not wait for infection, I ate it all the time.
    That and zinc.

Dean6789 likes this.
  3. Penny

Penny New Member

Actually, I'm a horrible biohacker and most of the time just forget to take my pills - the only one I take with religion is Oregon Grape Root 3 times a day - it helps me fast for longer and kills most bacteria and by some PFM mechanism it helps with blood sugar - I was downing - way - too much SSKI for an infection so at the moment I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is still the infection or the release of flouride from too much SSKI - my leucocyte dipsticks expired so I can't tell:) I eat a can of oysters every PM with a tbl of garlic over them - great for sleep - it is where I get my zinc - I'm also mostly religious about l-serine at night - sleep has been amazing for the past few days - I've added lavender oil to my upper lip and some kind of pine cypress oil on my abdomen - I have also added a few carbs and I make sure and take a walk during the day - I'll be making my own SSKI soon - I don't know why you take 2% when it is more cost effective to take 5%?

KrusinWitchie, Dean6789 and JanSz like this.
  4. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Great ideas JanSz and Penny.

Regarding almonds: You're eating them raw? Don't they have phytates... which inhibit mineral absorption and, among other things, weaken teeth?

5. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

not to mention high in omega 6. not my favorite nut.

Dean6789 likes this.
  6. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

Fascinating. You have got me very curious. I guess we shall see, as you said. I am not surprised that there is yet something else other than our will to credit for that.

7. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

8. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

This guy has an interesting strategy:
    Don't know if there's any merit to it but I have heard the argument about phosphorous before.

9. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

I like this man's boldness in trying out hacks to fix teeth.

However, I wouldn't put a TSP solution in my oral mucosa no matter all the glowing anecdotal remarks on the YouTube comment section.

It is a caustic substance (after all they use it as an industrial degreaser), although if highly diluted that may not be important. It is even used as a food additive (in minute amounts).

DIY hacks should be common sense and pass the test of safety first as much as possible.

The crushed eggshell method sounds a lot safer and makes more sense than experimenting with a chemical solution in restoring teeth.

But, we are all amateur sleuths questing for optimum health anyway. So don't get too proud about your efforts. Fortunately we also have smart and innovative physician-scientists like Dr Kruse working hard to make sense of it all.

Dean6789, KrusinWitchie and drezy like this.
  10. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

sun,grounding and K2 The real Weston a Price solution.

11. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

I didn't know this about Xylitol. Found some Pure xylitol powder (non-gmo) from Now Foods. Do you think this will work as well as the crystals?

12. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Somewhere recently (maybe earlier in this thread) I read where someone was using their urine to brush with. Anyone else have any experience with this? Does it work well? if so, that sure would simplify things... and -- hey, free toothpaste and mouth wash... (how convenient: one less thing to shop for ;))

13. ElectricUniverse

I don't see why Xylitol in powder form wouldn't work as well as crystals.

To break down oral biofilms it has to be introduced into mouth at a decent concentration. Diluted (as in solution) it will likely have much less effect, if any. Although I don't think you could overdo it easily it would be advisable to take it in moderation.

I usually spit Xylitol out after it has finished its work-- although better for your metabolism than fructose and table sugar it is still a sugar.

Dean6789 likes this.
  14. ElectricUniverse

Yes, another Kruse member has admitted to using urine as a dentifrice (I say that tongue in check).

I don't use it for that purpose but I do take internally for preventive medicinal purposes.

Urine therapy has a long and respected reputation, although supposedly advanced moderns often look at this practice in disgust.

The ancient Yogis excelled in urine use for oral use (including as a mouthwash) and healing. Ancient Romans used it for these purposes and many others.

What I also like about urine is it is freely available (no shortages ever) and absolutely FREE.

Dean6789 likes this.
  15. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Thanks ElectricUniverse.

16. Dean6789

Dean6789 New Member

Also, how much l-serine are you taking before bed? I have been sleeping about 4 hours, then staying awake for 2 hours every night. Need to fix this.

17. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Administrator

You guys need to try out the miswak. A twig used for oral hygiene that comes from the Salvadora Perisca tree. Works like a charm and much more effective than any toothbrush or toothpaste.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miswak

upload_2018-12-6_20-32-56.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    WalterNL, Antonis and Dean6789 like this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

NDC74 and Dean6789 like this.
  19. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

My dad screwed all his upper teeth due to the water sourse he waa drinking. Appears it was the fluoride.

20. NDC74

NDC74 New Member

DrJK, that YouTube video of yours about water fluoridation made me decide to install (just recently) a RO filtration system that removes 99.9% fluoride. Thank you. By the way, my gums have receded and theres a portion that recession is so much that the root of my tooh is beginning to show. Can this condition be reversed, meaning the gums rise again and cover the root of the teeth? Thanks again.