1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

All Things T3

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Patty Cakes, Sep 20, 2012.

1. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

i also want to say that i am on Progesterone through dzugon and just had my hormones tested again - can't wait to see the results. i know all these hormones are related, its such a pain to get them all balanced! also i'm frustrated bc my clothes dont fit. wish there would be a bit more consistency in my life.

2. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

in another thread, jack said this to me (i think): "if you are that LDN dependent that tells me your alpha MSH is shot…….it also tells me your T cells are shutting off so you CD 4 and CD 8 ratio's are bad…….it also means you explode your B cells and make antibodies. This puts you at risk for vaccines and for viral infections and heavy metal toxicity. This at its base is an neuro immune problem at the gut level specifically the liver."

does anyone have ideas what this means?!

i mentioned it bc i have been on LDN for about a year, and now see my thyroid levels going to high. its supposed to be an immune system modulator so they actually tell you to watch your thyroid levels when you start bc its not uncommon for people to need to lower their dose. however, with everything else i have tried, i do not know what is causing what: started LDN, BHRT, etc in addition to being super paleo, active, etc. i feel i have made a lot of positive healthy changes over the course of the year (including getting more probiotics, eating more broths etc to repair leaky gut, etc) so its virtually impossible for me to know what is going on. Is being on P causing my dependancy on thyroid meds to go down, was it the LDN? is it the fact that my anitbodies are no longer attacking it as much (this time last year my antibodies were over 1000 (off the charts) and now they are in the 200s.

so confused

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Megg, even though it's not for this thread, the sore breasts I believe (from my own n=1) is too much progesterone. When I was using cream, that happened along with the weight gain. Now I use oral and everything is sooo much better and I have lost the weight too. The oral did make me sleepy the next day but Jack told me to consider to keep going and the sleepies have gone away. Might be some of us who just do better one way or the other.
    Was wondering about your t3 being high, if you aren't supplementing, then perhaps your hashi's is going hyper instead of hypo. High t3 with no meds is graves or hashi's isn't it?

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I would work on the gut and especially the liver to clear toxins. Everything is connected to the gut and if it isn't working, then you need to fix the gut. Sounds like you should have a consult to really figure this out since you have been on the LDN, etc. otherwise you will continue to fly blind. I'm done flying, no more guessing and wasting time and money for me. Jack is my guide and I thankfully have a doc to assist and confirm.

5. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Well that's good for you that you have a doctor that will work with you and help you. No such luck for me. I have to fly blind and things only get worse, YAY!

I'm back at sqaure one after an entire year. I thought I made all this progress then things went to hell since end of November. So, I really don't know. I tried making 'winter' work for me, but it's the same every year and now I've lost time again for the nth year. Based on my past history maybe I'll start to get better in March. Wow that's so far away from now and yes I lost 5 months.

I can't afford labs, I can't find a good doc that will do ANY tests, I can't afford JK consult etc. I can' t find a job either. So yes my life sucks flat out. 'Maybe' if things get better I can have a better 'attitude'. I did in the Fall and it got me no where things insideously crept up on me and now I'm scrambling from the bottom. :/

I did get my period after six months. I guess that's a good thing but I don't know b/c it only had PMS since basically the end of November and of course weight gain...EAT HEALTHY FOR WHAT?!!!!! While I watch all my friends enjoy life and me I get punished instead! Bollocks!

I can't take it any more!!

Here's some supplements I tried taking since end of November but not all at once and more in sequential order. (With money that was not even mine). Just to let you know.

~Nov. 20 betaine hcl and bile salts *because I felt like I wasn't digesting food properly and bloating constipation and nasty thick coating on my tongue that was not going away after over a month. -ran out of betaine in Dec. stopped using it. digestive salts: I resumed today...I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Dec. vitamin D 10 000 IU a/day (still take this)
    -Dec. 10 ish: zinc potassium and b6 (+GABA) to help with MASSIVE water retention and swelling that was affecting my joints
    -around same time: Thyrosense supplement (again because I felt so desperate and was thinking my thyroid was at issue with TSH at 2.38 which increased 'i only just discovered' from October 1.76.
    End of Dec: 7ketodhea Only a week b/c it didn't last long and I can't afford it.

-I took a lot of vit C in December but stopped since January b/c it might inhibit progesterone.
    -Dec. 28?: Vitex 3x/day (still take this and will continue until I'm finished the bleeding part) then I will go to 1 x /day
    Jan: Green tea extract 3 x /day

Decemer I made the mistake (I think) of eating yoghurt and kefir. I was thinking along the lines of Campbell McBride so tried that to help with my potentially messed up gut. Maybe I ate too many dates too...god only knows...I don't know.

A little bit in December I started adding more onions because to help counteract estrogen effects. *Didn't even know of epcot rx per se b/c I didn't have the webinar.

January: Loads of onions and I increased my seaweed intake to 3 x /day. I eat a mix of offal , bone cuts and seafood and bacon.

Anyways. I wish I could a. afford things b. get a job that is meaningful and high paying enough so that I can afford the necessary tests etc. c. Wish my body could cooperate.

I think for next Fall I have to try to do things a little differently. I am no longer an advocate of 'cold and dark'. SCREW THAT!! Not having sun in the morning (you go out and it's overcast like 9/10 times...) it just messes me up so badly. I will start vit D supplementation in September. I took colostrum in July of last year but stopped after b/c I couldn't afford it and I was concentarting on affording seafood (exclusively). Also I thought I 'fixed' myself and that the seafood would push me further to optimal....DEAD WRONG!!

I AM GOING TO USE A LIGHT BOX IN THE FALL FOR MY MORNING AM SUN. I don't care about how our species evolved. It is not working for me. I need my life and this is not it!

IF and that's a big fat IF (pretty much like how I am these days) I ever get a job (that pays) I will just buy NDT myself from online during the Fall. So as to make sure my T3 doesn't fall/cells don't get the signal properly.

From now I am going to address my liver (even MORE) if that's even possible. I eat broths, seafood, seaweed, onions etc. the whole epi-paleo. But I will stick with the Vitex, I will get some silymarin (maybe Feb. have to wait until I get a little bit more money again). I don't know if it's wise to take NAC + silymarin or if one or the other is best. I don't know maybe I'll try black cohash.

I have no clue: I fly blind b/c I can't afford things that require a large lump sum. I only end up wasting what little money I have b/c it is smaller pieces.

I took colostrum in Decemer (again with money that is basically not even mine). Ran out and apparently am getting some more from Charlotte from Germany. So I DO believe in miracles sometimes. Very kind of her to offer and send it to me.

So let's see how this goes.

I'm also thinking I will go back 'home'. I moved to Ottawa thinking it was going to be great oppurtunities etc for jobs...instead I just miss my family and friends. I do have freinds here luckily and I am living with some of them so that's good, but a. they are very busy with an actual life (unlike me) and b. they are not the friends who I consistently hang out with. Those freinds are back down south.

Long rant over. Hopefully I feel better sooner than later.

6. Inger

Inger Silver

Zorica.. I live in a even darker place than you. Finland. You know what I do? I try to get day light in my eyes whenever I can. At least 1 hour a day. It does not always work out but I could do it better. Jack says, to get daylight in your eyes at daytime is as important to have it dark at night. It does not need to be sun! Here the sun comes out very seldom in winter. It can go weeks in between. I do not care! I just look into the sky.
    You need to go out Zorica, breath fresh air, get daylight! If you have no job you have much time to do that! I BET you will soon feel much much better! Your atitude will change! Do some earthing too.

I bet to eat the dairy and the dates was not a good idea at all.

Zorica you do the face dunks in the morning do you? They always make me feel so good! Like a mood booster really.

7. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Zorica Vuletic said

Well that's good for you that you have a doctor that will work with you and help you. No such luck for me. I have to fly blind and things only get worse, YAY!
    I'm back at sqaure one after an entire year. I thought I made all this progress then things went to hell since end of November. So, I really don't know. I tried making 'winter' work for me, but it's the same every year and now I've lost time again for the nth year. Based on my past history maybe I'll start to get better in March. Wow that's so far away from now and yes I lost 5 months.
    I can't afford labs, I can't find a good doc that will do ANY tests, I can't afford JK consult etc. I can' t find a job either. So yes my life sucks flat out. 'Maybe' if things get better I can have a better 'attitude'. I did in the Fall and it got me no where things insideously crept up on me and now I'm scrambling from the bottom. :/
    I did get my period after six months. I guess that's a good thing but I don't know b/c it only had PMS since basically the end of November and of course weight gain...EAT HEALTHY FOR WHAT?!!!!! While I watch all my friends enjoy life and me I get punished instead! Bollocks!
    I can't take it any more!!
    Here's some supplements I tried taking since end of November but not all at once and more in sequential order. (With money that was not even mine). Just to let you know.
    ~Nov. 20 betaine hcl and bile salts *because I felt like I wasn't digesting food properly and bloating constipation and nasty thick coating on my tongue that was not going away after over a month. -ran out of betaine in Dec. stopped using it. digestive salts: I resumed today...I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Dec. vitamin D 10 000 IU a/day (still take this)
    -Dec. 10 ish: zinc potassium and b6 (+GABA) to help with MASSIVE water retention and swelling that was affecting my joints
    -around same time: Thyrosense supplement (again because I felt so desperate and was thinking my thyroid was at issue with TSH at 2.38 which increased 'i only just discovered' from October 1.76.
    End of Dec: 7ketodhea Only a week b/c it didn't last long and I can't afford it.
    -I took a lot of vit C in December but stopped since January b/c it might inhibit progesterone.
    -Dec. 28?: Vitex 3x/day (still take this and will continue until I'm finished the bleeding part) then I will go to 1 x /day
    Jan: Green tea extract 3 x /day
    Decemer I made the mistake (I think) of eating yoghurt and kefir. I was thinking along the lines of Campbell McBride so tried that to help with my potentially messed up gut. Maybe I ate too many dates too...god only knows...I don't know.
    A little bit in December I started adding more onions because to help counteract estrogen effects. *Didn't even know of epcot rx per se b/c I didn't have the webinar.
    January: Loads of onions and I increased my seaweed intake to 3 x /day. I eat a mix of offal , bone cuts and seafood and bacon.
    Anyways. I wish I could a. afford things b. get a job that is meaningful and high paying enough so that I can afford the necessary tests etc. c. Wish my body could cooperate.
    I think for next Fall I have to try to do things a little differently. I am no longer an advocate of 'cold and dark'. SCREW THAT!! Not having sun in the morning (you go out and it's overcast like 9/10 times...) it just messes me up so badly. I will start vit D supplementation in September. I took colostrum in July of last year but stopped after b/c I couldn't afford it and I was concentarting on affording seafood (exclusively). Also I thought I 'fixed' myself and that the seafood would push me further to optimal....DEAD WRONG!!
    I AM GOING TO USE A LIGHT BOX IN THE FALL FOR MY MORNING AM SUN. I don't care about how our species evolved. It is not working for me. I need my life and this is not it!r />IF and that's a big fat IF (pretty much like how I am these days) I ever get a job (that pays) I will just buy NDT myself from online during the Fall. So as to make sure my T3 doesn't fall/cells don't get the signal properly.
    From now I am going to address my liver (even MORE) if that's even possible. I eat broths, seafood, seaweed, onions etc. the whole epi-paleo. But I will stick with the Vitex, I will get some silymarin (maybe Feb. have to wait until I get a little bit more money again). I don't know if it's wise to take NAC + silymarin or if one or the other is best. I don't know maybe I'll try black cohash.
    I have no clue: I fly blind b/c I can't afford things that require a large lump sum. I only end up wasting what little money I have b/c it is smaller pieces.
    I took colostrum in Decemer (again with money that is basically not even mine). Ran out and apparently am getting some more from Charlotte from Germany. So I DO believe in miracles sometimes. Very kind of her to offer and send it to me.
    So let's see how this goes.
    I'm also thinking I will go back 'home'. I moved to Ottawa thinking it was going to be great oppurtunities etc for jobs...instead I just miss my family and friends. I do have freinds here luckily and I am living with some of them so that's good, but a. they are very busy with an actual life (unlike me) and b. they are not the friends who I consistently hang out with. Those freinds are back down south.
    Long rant over. Hopefully I feel better sooner than later.

Zorica, pm me your e-mail if you want and I will do what I can to help you.

8. Zorica Vuletic

Yes I have stopped the dairy and the dates since December for sure.

Yes I do face dunks in the morning and mostly in the evening when it's sunset (as recommended so only just started doing this for a few days).

I do go outside luckily. I probably need to go without wearing my glasses then just like I was doing in the summer.

I hope at least with this cycle finally arriving things can be better now but based on my past history I'm scared that it won't. I really don't want to not fit in my clothes which are all tight now. [​IMG] I'm not willing to buy new clothes just for that.

Yes, it's hard to have a good attitude when so many things are going wrong. If I could at least blame ice cream and pop or something like that, that would be great. I don't know how I'd be 'punished' so badly for a little error in December. I was having the bad symptoms starting end of November before the dairy too...so I don't know. I do think it's a good idea to stop eating it anyway. I don't see it being necessary at all. It's also expensive.

I applied to a lot of jobs (and agencies) today. I am headed out for a walk now. : To look at the sky (overcast).

9. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Thanks - i wonder that as well. Sometimes I get confused what causes what. It seems too much estrogen can cause big boobs, but then so can too much progesterone...oh well, I guess that is why we have blood work done! I put the update through and asked about oral progesterone. Based on some of what I'm hearing regarding cream P, i think I might prefer the oral anyways (cream BHRT might build up in your fat tissue according to Chris Kressor...not sure what Jack thinks).

I WAS supplementing when the T3 got too high which is why I backed off. I had been taking both armour and cytomel for a while now and when I saw my T3 was too high (a first for me), it made my Dr suggest backing off the cytomel (still take a grain and a half armour though so still getting a combor of T4/T3. Now I'm curious to see if it will help. I will be asking for another thryoid test soon

thanks for the feedback on the gut stuff. I'm working on it! Jacks answer just confused me some! I feel like I am doing so much to heal myself, yet based on what was said, I feel like a ticking time bomb watiing to go off

10. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

Hey Zorica, I would not say that you get punished. I would say that you made a mistake and you learn from it. Eating dates in December is probably not a good choice, when you should be in deep ketosis. So get back into ketosis. I found it very healing.
    I always find that being out in nature helps in any weather. I can spend a day in the forest, get soaking wet, or in the snow and get ice cold and feel so good.
    For me, Inger ist such a good example, how you can still make the most of it all, even when you have no money. So do not get desparate. I know that sometimes it all gets really trying, but don't make the mistake to think that you have to survive the next few months and then get better. It is always now in this moment. And you can do it.
    Parcel arrived in Mount Hope CA this morning, so it is on its way.

11. SeaJane

SeaJane Gold

I am looking for some input on my situation. I have Graves and Hashi's antibodies and am hypothyroid with RT3 issue. I am trying to get my FT3 and FT4 up higher and reduce my RT3. I had been on 1/4 grain Naturethroid before doing labs and consulting with Jack (where I learned about RT3). My ND then put me on T3 SR (sustained release) 7.5mcg in addition to NT. After a month, my labs were improved (before FT4 and FT3 were below range) although still low and RT3 had gone down slightly. She then doubled my dosage to T3 SR 7.5 mcg, one in a.m. and one in p.m. I also started BHRT (low estrogen, low progesterone and bad ratio) during this time and mitochondria support per a consult with Jack. I got my labs back yesterday and there is hardly any change and my RT3 is back where I started.

Nov. labs TSH 0.7, FT4 1.2 (0.8 - 1.2), FT3 2.3 (2.3 - 4.2), RT3 30 (11-32)
    Dec labs TSH 0.7, FT4 0.8 (0.8 - 1.2), FT3 2.7 (2.3 - 4.2), RT3 33 (11-32)

My ND is hesitant to up my dosage until I have been on BHRT at least a month since they are all related. I am trying to figure out whether this makes sense in my case. I likely have damage to thyroid from the antibodies so I am trying to understand whether it is reasonable to think getting my estrogen and progesterone levels up and in proper ratio will improve my thyroid or whether it is more reasonable to be tackling this from both angles (thyroid and sex hormones). Thoughts?

In addition, I have started to have some Raynaud type symptoms in my hands when cold that I have never had before. I also woke up last night in the middle of the night with cold feet and this weird sensation of feeling chilled even though I wasn't really cold. I am trying to figure out if I have a higher demand for thyroid hormone with adding in the hormones and doing the mitochondrial Rx .

12. ...and my sore breasts of old were from too much E2. Once I got that down there was no more soreness and I dropped a size.

13. Progesterone will effect the thyroid hormones in many cases so waiting a month maybe a good thing to do. Go to http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/rt3-ratio/ to calculate your rT3 ratio to help assess where you are currently. The T3 should help although I really don't know much about SR.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don't know if this will help .... My progesterone was dramatically low when I was first tested and PG/E ratio horrible. When I had my last consult JK seems to think when my Progesterone comes up it will right my thyroid. He said a good PG/E ratio is extremely important. my 2cents with my very limited experience.

15. Zorica Vuletic

Thank you so much for your kind words! Ok, I don't eat dates any more lol. It must have been from my downfall that I made such a bad decision. I am eating way better now that should have me in a nice ketosis. I also had some almost raw duck gizzards last night (I just put them in my bowl of bone broth so the very outside got slightly 'cooked'). I did not enjoy it I must say but I felt like it went down my system pretty well. Probably very worth it if it does that.

I will give more updates with time. I do feel quite a bit better at least in terms of not feeling so desperate. I am just being gentle on myself and allowing for decent rest. I luckily go outside and I don't wear my glasses now any more (like I did in July) so that I get more sun/rays/light/blue sky actually hitting my retina.

Wow that is very fast delivery! Thanks so much for your support and encouragement. I can't feel desperate if people from this forum are so genuine, caring and helpful. I am so grateful for that!

16. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I had the same thing and iodine has tremendously helped that too. But, when I was recently doing too much P cream, they grew a size along with my waist. I backed off completely for almost a month and then proceeded with oral and a little cream on occasion and it all went away. I have never had big breasts from too much E but definitely sore ones my whole life.

17. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

wow all of this is so interesting - everything being connected etc. i have heard P and Thyroid were tied so that makes sense. I have been supp P for a while now though so wondering if things are all just finally clicking in my body? i am not making graves antibodies and nothing seems to indicate the hashi's "swing" (where you go hyper and hypo back and forth - luckily that hasn't been my problem) so perhaps doing things like supp iodine, being on BHRT, eating cleanly, working on healing my gut (which i have a feeling will be a lifelong project!) are finally paying off.

as uncomfortable as I am right now, I'd rather my thyroid show signs of waking up rather than continue the supposed inevitable decline into hypo. i'm trying to take this all as a good sign...

18. Claudia

Claudia New Member

SeaJane said

I am looking for some input on my situation. I have Graves and Hashi's antibodies and am hypothyroid with RT3 issue. I am trying to get my FT3 and FT4 up higher and reduce my RT3. I had been on 1/4 grain Naturethroid before doing labs and consulting with Jack (where I learned about RT3). My ND then put me on T3 SR (sustained release) 7.5mcg in addition to NT. After a month, my labs were improved (before FT4 and FT3 were below range) although still low and RT3 had gone down slightly. She then doubled my dosage to T3 SR 7.5 mcg, one in a.m. and one in p.m. I also started BHRT (low estrogen, low progesterone and bad ratio) during this time and mitochondria support per a consult with Jack.

What are you taking for mitochondria support? Jack suggested I had this problem on the forum. I can't afford a consult right now. I have been reading this entire thread. I have the hypo symptoms, high rt3, low t3, t4/t3 conversion issues as well. I have been taking first generic Cytomel, 5mcg started in July. I felt great in the summer, was at a good weight, I always feel best in the summer. I stayed at 5mcg and I was feeling better on it. In the early fall, started feeling worse hypo symptoms (doctor raised my dose to 10mcg) and I gained 10 lbs, 5 of which were due to trying a progesterone cream. My Pg was low but not crazy. I supplement with DIM so my estrogen isn't that high either...I think the DIM helped it come down but not sure. Dr. put my on compounded Pg cream, 200 mg. Which turns out to be a very high dose. I FELT HORRIBLE, gained 10 lbs, couldn't function, wanted to crawl in a hole and stay there, couldn't take care of the kids, brain fog, inability to concentrated, so tired, no energy. Bloated, depressed, swollen, just horrible. I got my period 3 days earlly, stopped the cream. Symptoms continued that whole week into next week. Doctor's response was to stop taking that cream if I didin't like it. THat's it.

I am not taking Cynomel from Mexico, 12.5, 2 hours before waking. Sometimes 1.5, sometimes 2.5 hours before. I don't have Paul's book, but thinking of getting it. My doc. won't support me going any higher than 25mcg. I feel good on the 12.5 right now and my free t3 is up close to high of the range. My TSH is very low in the range, and my free t4 is low, too, reverse t3 was not tested this last draw, don't know why. I have low iron, and can't budge the weight gained at all, I am 10-15 lbs overweight. I do Paleo but not quite Epi. I was doing CT in the spring but stopped in the summer and didn't resume. RIght now can't stand the thought of it, can't bring myself to do it.

I could post labs. I'm waiting on results of saliva adrenal cortisol test. My last lab work also indicated low DHEA. I picked up 7-KETO DHEA today. I have very high sex binding globulin and I'm taking nettleroot for that. And low iron, just under the range at 71. I have chelated iron, 18 mg, and told to take it 3 times per week, but I'm constipated so I stopped taking it. Took extra magnesium and then, get diarrhea, so I seem to be going in between both of those now.

Prog. is low...don't know what to do now. One of my docs gave me oral Rx Prog. 100mg. I did take it but I heard it's hard on the liver to take oral. I preferred a cream, but not sure which one to take and afraid of more weight gain.

Also, started taking betain and pepsin HCI because the doc thinks I need it. He is pretty good, super thorough, reminds me a little of JK but my insurance covers it mostly. It was a diff. doc that prescribed the 200mg cream Pg that caused me so many problem. That doc also found a MTHMR gene mutation so now I supplement with metylfolate and inject b12 (methylcobalamin) once weekly.

Wow! I wrote a lot. I feel for those of you who are struggling. I am, too. Can't get a handle on all of this, limited funds, too. And I eat so much better than all these people around me. My family eats Paleo, too, so that's great. I mean all the other people who are eating SAD, major junk food, soda, ugh. I have eaten so much healthier for 10 years now and 3 on Paleo. I just don't understand. Sometimes they seems better off. Why aren't they gaining 10 lbs in a month? So frustrating. And I am so strict with my diet. The only treat I have is dark chocolate, 90% or higher, or I make my own with coconut oil and cacao and stevia. I don't have sugar or grains.

Not sure about Hashi's. Everyone says I dont' have it. I do have <20 antibodies, though. AI runs in my family. My mom had rheumatoid arthritis, severe.

Thanks for reading. Appreciate the support. Don't know if I should get Paul RObinson's book and go it alone. Scares me a bit not to do it with a doctor. I did up my t3 dose to 12.5 Cynomel, easier to cut the tablet in half and take. I didn't tell the doc. I suspected the generic wasn't as potent. I do feel better. My hypo symptoms are better lately in the last month or so.

And what is mitochondrial Rx? Is anyone doing it? I just can't seem to keep up with everything JK [​IMG] .

19. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Just in case the above is confusing: I was responding to SeaJane at first, wondering about the mitochondria support she is taking? The first paragraph above is SeaJane's. Then, I start here: What are you taking for mitochondria support? Jack suggested I had this problem on the forum. I can't afford a consult right now. I have been reading this entire thread. I have the hypo symptoms, high rt3, low t3, t4/t3 conversion issues as well. I have been taking first generic Cytomel, 5mcg started in July. I felt great in the summer, was at a good weight, I always feel best in the summer. I stayed at 5mcg and I was feeling better on it. In the early fall, started feeling worse hypo symptoms (doctor raised my dose to 10mcg) and I gained 10 lbs, 5 of which were due to trying a progesterone cream. My Pg was low but not crazy. I supplement with DIM so my estrogen isn't that high either…I think the DIM helped it come down but not sure. Dr. put my on compounded Pg cream, 200 mg. Which turns out to be a very high dose. I FELT HORRIBLE, gained 10 lbs, couldn't function, wanted to crawl in a hole and stay there, couldn't take care of the kids, brain fog, inability to concentrated, so tired, no energy. Bloated, depressed, swollen, just horrible. I got my period 3 days earlly, stopped the cream. Symptoms continued that whole week into next week. Doctor's response was to stop taking that cream if I didin't like it. THat's it.

I am not taking Cynomel from Mexico, 12.5, 2 hours before waking. Sometimes 1.5, sometimes 2.5 hours before. I don't have Paul's book, but thinking of getting it. My doc. won't support me going any higher than 25mcg. I feel good on the 12.5 right now and my free t3 is up close to high of the range. My TSH is very low in the range, and my free t4 is low, too, reverse t3 was not tested this last draw, don't know why. I have low iron, and can't budge the weight gained at all, I am 10-15 lbs overweight. I do Paleo but not quite Epi. I was doing CT in the spring but stopped in the summer and didn't resume. RIght now can't stand the thought of it, can't bring myself to do it.

I could post labs. I'm waiting on results of saliva adrenal cortisol test. My last lab work also indicated low DHEA. I picked up 7-KETO DHEA today. I have very high sex binding globulin and I'm taking nettleroot for that. And low iron, just under the range at 71. I have chelated iron, 18 mg, and told to take it 3 times per week, but I'm constipated so I stopped taking it. Took extra magnesium and then, get diarrhea, so I seem to be going in between both of those now.

Prog. is low…don't know what to do now. One of my docs gave me oral Rx Prog. 100mg. I did take it but I heard it's hard on the liver to take oral. I preferred a cream, but not sure which one to take and afraid of more weight gain.

Also, started taking betain and pepsin HCI because the doc thinks I need it. He is pretty good, super thorough, reminds me a little of JK but my insurance covers it mostly. It was a diff. doc that prescribed the 200mg cream Pg that caused me so many problem. That doc also found a MTHMR gene mutation so now I supplement with metylfolate and inject b12 (methylcobalamin) once weekly.

Wow! I wrote a lot. I feel for those of you who are struggling. I am, too. Can't get a handle on all of this, limited funds, too. And I eat so much better than all these people around me. My family eats Paleo, too, so that's great. I mean all the other people who are eating SAD, major junk food, soda, ugh. I have eaten so much healthier for 10 years now and 3 on Paleo. I just don't understand. Sometimes they seems better off. Why aren't they gaining 10 lbs in a month? So frustrating. And I am so strict with my diet. The only treat I have is dark chocolate, 90% or higher, or I make my own with coconut oil and cacao and stevia. I don't have sugar or grains.

Not sure about Hashi's. Everyone says I dont' have it. I do have <20 antibodies, though. AI runs in my family. My mom had rheumatoid arthritis, severe.

Thanks for reading. Appreciate the support. Don't know if I should get Paul RObinson's book and go it alone. Scares me a bit not to do it with a doctor. I did up my t3 dose to 12.5 Cynomel, easier to cut the tablet in half and take. I didn't tell the doc. I suspected the generic wasn't as potent. I do feel better. My hypo symptoms are better lately in the last month or so.

And what is mitochondrial Rx? Is anyone doing it? I just can't seem to keep up with everything JK .

20. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Hi CD. My experience with prog. is oral and cream. I have overdosed with both. I like the oral personally better though. And, it doesn't stay in your system that long. Takes a lot longer to get rid of the cream if you use too much. Start with the oral every other day if you are scared and see how you do. Or, use 1/4th of the cream or less. Sometimes you have to figure this out for yourself. You should try to get a doc on board to test so you know if you are getting the right pg/e2 ratio ultimately. If you have options, go for it but go slow. Your body will most likely tell you when you have gone overboard. Sore breasts, bloating, etc.

STTM has lots of info on the t3 protocol but obviously the book is great. I used it myself to clear my rt3.

Don't waste your time comparing yourself to others, can't change that anyway. Just worry about you and fixing yourself. You stay the course and you will be great. Also, this does not happen overnight so give it a lot of time. The body changes but at its own pace, not ours.[​IMG]