1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

ALL THINGS SUNSCREEN

Discussion in 'Educating Doctors' started by Jack Kruse, May 3, 2017.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Alex97232, Catalin and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  2. I haven't used sunscreen for the past seven years. Before that, always used it--highest spf available. Now, I sunbathe just short of burning as often as I can. My skin health and health in general has greatly improved. My dermotologist just shakes her head.
    Q'Rad Randy
    Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  3. I am very fair skinned and burned easily. Not so much now.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

me too - haven't used sunscreen the past five years or so. I don't burn at all and I feel great. Everyone tells me I am so lucky because I have an olive skin tone. I have never had an olive skin tone - I have always been very fair and burned easily.
    Alex97232 likes this.
  5. Inger

Inger Silver

I hardly burn either anymore, and I am a fair skinned scandinavian....
    I feel SO blessed to have got to know how horrible sun-blockers are for health!

After staring the Iodine protocol again I have the feeling my skin get even tanner faster ... like olive-tan colored..... need to follow how this evolve :) I wonder why...
    caroline, Alex97232 and drezy like this.
  6. Huck

Huck Silver

Since I got my vitamin d level up, I haven't burned. I was at the beach this week and spent 7 hours in the sun the 1st day. I turned red for a couple of days, but it just seems to be darkening my tan now. No blistering or peeling.

The wind was blowing pretty hard which is why I didn't realize how hot my skin was getting.
    caroline and drezy like this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

As a super-white Polish/Swiss(mitochondrially) boy, as I've got my D up I've experienced the same sun "callous" that you hint at.

Also, even at 15 yo I had a 138/89 BP. Now I'm coming in at 120/82. It's kind of alarming at first until I realize "oh, wait! this actually feels good." 2 or so months still haven't caught up with decades quite yet.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The world is changing and the clinicians in clinics and hospitals do not realize it. Patients are becoming more educated on the cutting edge of science because they are engaged with the reading new things out of curiosity and net research. Most scientists and clinicians like to deride the internet because they believe it is populated with quacks. There is no doubt that that is true in some spots, but when you have a blog and website deidicated to real science with cites to published research the truth become hard to deny. Believe it not some of them still do. The dominant belief today is that UV light causes melanoma. For ten years all the data I personally reviewed led me to the exact opposite stand point. Now we have this GEM of published research performed by a group or respectable scientists who performed a global worldwide analysis of cutaneous malignant melanoma (CMM) over UV-Radiation dose by sex, age group (0–14, 15–29, 30–49, 50–69, 70–85C) and Fitzpatrick skin types I-VI. Surprisingly to them and most readers, but no tto me, increasing UVR doses, which represent erythemally- weighted doses comprised primarily of UVB (290–315 nm) radiation, DID NOT significantly correlate with increasing CMM incidence for people with any skin type ANYWHERE in the world. The world is changing..........when will the skin and eye docs get this message? Might the real of melanoma can be found in the picture below? http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/19381980.2016.1267077?needAccess=true