1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

All things pregnancy

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by LieselK, Aug 25, 2018.

1. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Newly pregnant with my 4th and I am getting all kinds of questions: Can you do CT? What about eating carbs (don't you need them)? Shouldn't you take a prenatal?

Here's what I know... I feel amazing. You wouldn't even know I was pregnant except for that little belly bulge (previous pregnancies I've been nauseous.) I've only been doing light CT all summer- cold hose water in the trough in the heat of the day to cool off. Summer is the time for carbs so I guess I eat more of them right now, but winter is coming and why would I need so many carbs just because I'm growing a baby? I still take Vitamin D and a thyroid supplement plus I added Life Extension folate. (Consequently, I naturally front-loaded folate pre-pregnancy by following Epi-Paleo anyway.)

Anyone been pregnant and Epi-Paleo or know of anyone who is? As much as growing a human being IS a big deal, why is it such a big deal to everyone else in your life?! It's like I'm surrounded mb skeptics because I don't crave Chipotle and ice cream.

Does the optimal epi-paleo woman need additional supplementation? I say, no. In a less optimal environment such as my wintertime, what do I do to further optimize it for pregnancy and breastfeeding (since Vit D in breastmilk is dependent on exposure in pregnancy for instance?)

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nothing changes for you when you're pregnant. The story is the same......sun and DHA for the win while grounded.

KrusinWitchie and LieselK like this.
  3. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I find it interesting what people do and don't do while pregnant. The whole lunchmeat, sushi, raw steak, to wine or not to wine and then the other stuff. I used to think it was a bit overboard to not paint your nails while pregnant and here I am not painting my nails anymore. A recent publication from our healthshare organization told me that I shouldn't eat ANY fish or seafood and to just take a DHA supplement :mad::tears: What detrimental bullshit.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

Less bungee jumping in the last trimester maybe

Phosphene, Sajid Mahmood and LieselK like this.
  5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I mean I started this pregnancy by jetting around on a tube at a waterpark with my mom friends...

drezy likes this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

Sounds like fun, though that's not how I was taught you start a pregnancy.

I won't be taking my wife to any waterparks now.

7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

It wasn't the beginning of the "process" but I'm pretty sure baby was implanting while I was whooshing across a giant funnel on an intertube to be flushed into a pool of water! :rofl:

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Pregnancy........get sun. AXIOMATIC. If you do not live near sun migrate.

9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

If, during pregnancy, deuterium gets dumped into the baby (babies need it for growth and development) then is it counterproductive to utilize deuterium-depleting methods while pregnant? ie. CT, DDW

ValerieBee likes this.