1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

All seafood or just cold waters seafood.

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Mar 19, 2012.

1. In the efforts to eat more water food, is everything good - or do we need to focus on cold water varieties? Also, any hints for canned/tinned seafood consumption?

2. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

I've been eating a lot more cold water fatty fish like canned Alaskan pink salmon (I like to make salmon cakes with it,), trout and smoked sardines in olive oil. I've been eating more shrimp, too, for the iodine.

3. AKMan

AKMan New Member

I'm going mostly for the salt-water fishy's. They have more iodine and omega 3. Fresh water fish is probably fine, too, but mostly what you get in the grocery store is Talapia and that just seems like a crap fish to me, but I may be wrong. This summer I will be eating lots of fresh caught trout and pike.

4. Adriana

Adriana New Member

I made some great salmon patties this week with canned salmon:

1 large can salmon

2 eggs

2 tbsp coconut flour

1 tsp dijon mustard

3 sliced green onions

Brown in a skillet in butter. Nom!

5. Adriana

Adriana New Member

I made some great salmon patties this week with canned salmon?

1 large can salmon

2 eggs

2 tbsp coconut flour

1 tbsp lemon juice

1 tsp dijon mustard

3 sliced green onions

Brown in a skillet in butter. Nom!

6. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Thanks for the recipe. I am craving salmon patties this week. Do you fish out the bones or leave them all in?