1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Albert's Story and Journey to optimal!

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Albert83BCN, May 31, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Great news .. .... very happy that things have turned around so quickly and you can get naked in the sun! I am so jealous!

2. Albert83BCN

Albert83BCN New Member

Amazed JanSz, thank you so much for putting the time and effort for such a detailed reply :eek:

I know... but difficult to solve this one hehe

Yes I'm aware, I remember reading him saying -not sure if in the book or some of the blog posts- that he suspected a lot from the farming methods to raise birds and that if they were of quality would be different thing so he avoided it and stick with duck since its not mainstream and probably safer. That was my understanding, but since chances are my sources are not the best I'll keep an eye on this and lower intake, thanks!

Yes I know big salt water fish is what I want and so that's first option but to have some variety I thought that there should not be much concern about some occasional fresh water or white fish, I looked at them at not optimal but at least neutral choices. I also have sardines and smaller ones to rotate with big predators for the mercury thing and I also eat some raw garlic with it in order to deal with it the most I can, just to be safer.

I also read a lot of mixed opinions about it. When I was a vegetarian I relied a lot on it as my omega-3 source, even if ALA is poorly converted to EPA and DHA at least I thought it would be better to have some that nothing at all. Now that I'm all-in into seafood I can for certainly lower it a lot or even get rid of it, in fact my typical choice for vegetable oil for my salads is olive oil 80% of the time. Thanks!

Was thinking about ordering CoQ10 for them as well as for me, guess it's a win-win, will do it ASAP, thanks a lot!

I always have mineral water never drink tap water. I also started to gather some info on my typical available water trademarks on my city, the ones you mention are not available here in spain but will do some reseach and try to get the ones that resemble it a lot. The one we currently drink I know has almost no fluoride on it but as for chlorides and other minerals/ash I'm still not sure which is more optimal, working on it!

Great, will do! Thank you so much!

No, I've not been hit at all, I'm pretty sure. Just guessing but, since I had almost no dietary cholesterol when being a vegetarian, and went all-in into animal flesh so suddenly, might it be that the sudden change raised total test a lot? The bloodwork shows massive changes in total cholesterol from 175 to 300... so it might be that this also dramatically effect test levels? Sad is that it not affected free test but just total. Might it be that in some time I start getting the good stuff? I also think that cutting back my most stressful training to 2/3 parts helped a lot lowering cortisol so maybe my hormones are seeing it as a good thing? Just especulating. Indeed I think I did lots of changes recently in lifestyle once I embraced the leptin-rx and some of the CT/EMF Rx even if I can only do them a little bit fraction of the day.

Knew they were the worst but didn't know about the vitamin K2 thing, thanks for the info, will try to look for that K. workaround in the blogs

True, thank you so much, I'll try to get to oysters soon for sure, hope I like the taste :)

Really? I remember reading plenty of times in the blog and comments about Jack saying that he usually make his patients check for this so he could know how well they can cold adapt and many other things. That's why I thought it could be useful.

True. I'll for sure try to get tested for the rest of data that I could not get the last time and post back.

That's such a nice, summarized report of what I have, put up like this seems I'm really screwed up :confused: hehe

You're right on the spot, I think the same way but as I could not get some of the data and do not know for certain If I'll be I guessed I might have tried and hope for a positive outcome but definitely the only way I can quantify things is to get comprehensive check... thank you a lot for your insight on this.

3. Albert83BCN

Albert83BCN New Member

As for the statins he's on atorvastatin (low dosage it seems), and for the blood thinners and other medication he uses adiro (aspirin/acetylsalicylic acid), enalapril (ACE inhibitor), pantoprazole (proton pump inhibitor), emconcor (bisoprolol, beta blocker) and clopidogel (antiplatelet agent)... what a nasty stack :S

I told him a lot about the sides on all this and that we should URGENTLY cut back and get a more natural approach but he's in a catch-22 because he has very tied control with his docs and they don't think like this so he should decide to go against them and then he'd be on his own... but well he also realizes we could be on the right thing so he's always asking the docs and they've come to tell that they'll do some research on it and that they might consider leaving the medication in a few months... really hope this is the case...

Well this thread was not meant to be about him but now that we have brought the issue into light, his summary in short something like this: 10 years ago he was diagnosed for breast cancer (so yes, I really DO know it can affect men...) but fortunately it was soon enough according to the docs, he got radical mastectomy and went through chemotherapy and seems he could manage to get trough it, he was 5 years into aromatase inhibitors (Arimidex) and recently got rid of them as everything seem to be OK in regard this, so seems he won the battle agains cancer... but I think all this got him pretty messed up internally, three years after he got a heart attack, according to the docs he had an artery 90% clotted but we got it in time, they put a stent and everything seems to have gone OK since then but now he's into all this stufff to be on the safe side (well from the classic medicine point of view, from ours he might be going in very bad direction...)

Some data about him: he had to wake up very early for work his entire life and slept quite a bit during noon and very few at night, I guess he had pretty messed circadian rhythms, he also smoked A LOT since he was a child and I think this has been a killer since he has never been obese and didn't eat much crappy food but even like this his arteries were clotted with plaque. He also is very nervous and very at mercy of stress his whole life. When the CVD happened both he and my mon were fired from their work as the business was in several trouble with the actual economic crisis and they've been a whole year working without getting paid, they still are not being paid for that, and they're now into lawsuit, my dad has always been a very responsible and great worker, he even went to work when he was into the cancer and chemo!!! always been very involved in the work and the business so when he got into this situation he became very let down, very depressed and extremely merciless to stress, I think that played a huge role in his heart attack. At least he has been into sport and weight training all his life, has good body composition and we think this helped a lot him, he even got to his food to the hospital when the heart attack...

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  4. Albert83BCN

Albert83BCN New Member

Great to know you're rockstarish again!! Is this some advice that I should just enjoy the summer and have plenty of relax and sun and then get re-tested again?

5. Albert83BCN

Albert83BCN New Member

Wow didn't know about this and I'm really interested in it. I'll give it a look ASAP, for now I see there's an amazing sunny day and I'm here stuck in front of the PC with artificial light... time to get out and enjoy life!!

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I plan on retesting to make sure things are back in 6 weeks.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

TotalT=1217

So this is where labs are getting their upper range from.

Would you mind posting your SHBG

Just in case,
    that TT=1217 is natural or supplemented?

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

------------------------------

No, first option are oysters, second option are shellfish, third option small oily fish (anchovies, herring, mackerel ....), 4th option big seawater fish. River or lake fish/shellfish is not really an option. (I think).
    Watch out canned fish in oil. Only good if in olive oil, other oils are O6.

Chickens, turkeys, other, eat corn. Corn=O6

Nobody talks (yet) that wild caught are raised (and are source of) structured water.
    So organic, free range, etc, may be missing the most important ingredient, structured water.

I have a doubts about garlic. I love it and often put whole head worth of it on coconut oil, heat it only long enough so it looses smell the mix that with my raw shrimps plus Slap Ya Ma and black pepper.
    Not sure how heat affects garlic.
    That may be lots of sulfur.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fluoride
    chlorine
    bromide

eat 50mg/day iodine/iodide, some eat 100mg/day

be careful of any detox, when starting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why your TotalTestosterone have risen I do not know.
    But your FreeTestosterone is low because you must have very high SHBG
    Sex-Hormone-Binding-Globulin
    I do not really know why SHBG got higher,
    but
    possibilities lead to liver problem (you blood disorder, low haptoglobin)
    HAPTOGLOBIN 4.8 mg/dL [ 30.00 - 200.00 ]
    or not right FreeT3
    Free Triiodothyronine ( FT3 ) 2.27 pg/mL [ 2.60 - 4.40 ]

We are missing good blood panel to know better
    I would love to recommend 1-2 grains of NaturalThyroid Product
    but
    for body to utilize that you need good Cortisol
    and
    we know that your Circadian Rhythm is upside down

If you had ability to do (rather large) testing, that could be taken care of relatively quickly,
    If you could have consultations with dr Kruse, he could help you with much less (but more to the point) labs and advice. As I said, I am not a doctor.
    Second thought.
    Dr Kruse recently opened memberships for doctors. Not sure if he have any at this point, but may be worth asking if any of them is within your reach.

Low cost partial solution would be if you could arrange your blood delivery (within 24hrs) to American laboratory.
    I am thinking of two tests first, listed on this post:
    http://jackkruse.com/forum/showthread.php?6427-PG-E2-ratio&p=81508#post81508
    Spectracell
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    You would have to call both labs first to find out details.
    In the past I called Spectracell, it looks like possible to arrange.
    Results you would get via e-mail

.................................................................................................................................
    ---------------------
    Second time:
    Do not take tests that look for o6/o3 ratio, those tests are tools of fish and krill oil salesman.
    Right in results, some of them will tell you to eat fish oil and/or krill oil (and that is wrong)
    But take real fatty acids profile.

read up this:

http://www.bodybio.com/BodyBio/docs/BodyBioBulletin-4to1Oil.pdf

Article written by Ed Lane (dr Patricia's Kane husband)

When you want to know about Fatty Acids (and why not to use fish or krill oils look up dr Patricia Kane.

note dr Patricia Kane is PHD not MD

Dr Kruse recommended her to me.

http://www.bodybio.com
    .............................................................................................................................................
    ------------------------------
    I am sure dr Kruse would expand that list (and dressed up in softer words).
    ..............................................................................................................................................

-------------------------------------------
    Applying all what we have learned from dr Kruse plus the two tests I mention above may help you a lot.

What you will not get is quick turnaround.

It really gets under my skin when he (dr Kruse) brags like this:
    --------------------------------------------
    Just got my labs back after my meltdown........everything has reversed. IGF 1 is now 312 and free T is 1217. D is 97. All is good. Time to get naked in the sun.
    -------------------------------------------
    (I think he means TotalT=1217)

You make sure that your vitD=~100 plus lots of K2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Lava

Lava Gold

Sorry to interrupt this interesting conversation but I have a quick question...I am looking at the BodyBio supplements and can't seem to find the ingredients to their Bio-Solv that is in the CoQ10...Do you by any chance know that info janSz? or a link to find it? thanks...

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

BodyBio Products
    http://www.bodybio.com/

I do not see them selling CoQ10
    or
    Bio-Solv

Possibly you are looking for this:

Quinogel: Ubiquinol Enhanced with the Power of Bio-solv® Technology
    Swanson Health Products introduces a water-soluble form of CoQ10.

Fargo, ND (VOCUS) September 22, 2010
    http://www.swansonvitamins.com/news...ced-with-the-power-of-bio-solv-techology.html

------------

Introducing Quinogel®—Ubiquinol Enhanced with the Power of Bio-solv® Technology

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/health-library/products/quinogel-ubiquinol-coq10-supplement.html

------------

View Larger Product Label
    Swanson Ultra
    Quinogel (Hydrosoluble Ubiquinol CoQ10)

SWANSON $12.49

[​IMG]

11. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as awesome as Barry is, he is a competitive ultramarathon runner, and not a TdF cyclist. From what I understand, he does act as a consultant and advisor for some TdF cyclists, though.

12. Lava

Lava Gold

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I do not know anything more about Bio-solv
    except that it looks like approved by dr Patricia Kane (so it is +)

OTOH dr Kruse is selling fish oils and krill oils. (They are bad most of the time).
    So the conclusion is that you need to know much more to evaluate if given individual should use it.

Note,
    this sentence, so there is always a fallback position.

Same with dr Patricia Kane, when talking about supplementing with oils, there are always details that must be individually evaluated.
    ---------------------------

----------------------------------------------

After most is decided, figure out quality and cost.

I am assuming good quality on BodyBio side

I have no idea about Swanson

----
    Bottom line:
    use it for a while
    do (before and after) blood tests, see what changed
    -----

SWANSON Quinogel (Hydrosoluble Ubiquinol CoQ10) $12.49 Size:50 mg 30 Sgels

BodyBio Coenzyme Q10 $43.30 60 softgels (100mg)

check shipping costs
    --------------------------------

Another twist,
    it may be different when dealing with healthy people trying to maintain good health,
    and different in Emergency room settings or just dealing with run down person.

http://meridianvalleylab.com/treatment-monitoring-omega-3-fatty-acid-supplementation

Treatment Monitoring: Omega 3 Fatty Acid Supplementation

And this is the same EPA that Ed Kane warned against.

Fish/Krill oils have way too much of EPA and that kills AA and it is downhill from there.

So there may lay difference between two individuals.
    ----

Keep that in mind when going under scalpel.

------------------------------------------------
    That is not right.
    On next election we should vote to treat everybody equally.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Barry is a member of this board.
    Consider contacting him to clarify.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Look up this neighborhood.
    It is rather amazing,
    looks like there is solution for prostate cancer and nobody is getting excited.
    Dr Jonathan Wright is loosing his electrons and looks like he may be upset.
    It may be worthwhile to figure out who would loose $$ and siliently fights againt bringing this to light.
    Check his comments in the bottom article.
    --------------------------
    As you may realize there is a lots of overlaps

breast cancer, prostate cancer, BHP, PCOS
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.allthingsmale.com/forum/...-Androstanediol-Glucuronide-(3α-diol-G)/page5
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Estrogen receptor b and the progression of prostate cancer: role of 5a-androstane-3b,17b-diol

http://erc.endocrinology-journals.org/content/17/3/731.full.pdf

----------------------------------------

Ensure Effective Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement: Select the Right Hormone Test for Your Patient
    http://www.lmreview.com/articles/vi...or-your-patient-using-bio-identical-hormone-/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Clinical Significance of 5a-Reductase Activity
    http://meridianvalleylab.com/clinical-significance-of-5a-reductase-activity

http://meridianvalleylab.com/articles

The Anticancer Testosterone Metabolite 3β-Adiol
    By. Dr. Jonathan v. Wright, MD
    http://meridianvalleylab.com/1679-2

The testosterone metabolite test can be drawn at any lab and sent from there by the usual means to the Meridian Valley Laboratory (www.meridianvalleylab.com or 425-271-8689 ) for performance and reporting

Potential Endogenous Stimulation of 3b-Adiol
    For several months in 2011, compounding pharmacies were able to supply “3b-Adiol” at a relatively reasonable prices. But – according to compounding pharmacists – a certain agency of los federales began to interfere with freedom of trade. The price quickly escalated, and then 3b-Adiol became entirely unavailable. Surprised, anyone?
    Fortunately, researchers are reporting possibilities for stimulating the natural endogenous biosynthesis of 3b-Adiol with natural substances which stimulate 3b-HSD and/or 17b-HSD, the enzymes that convert 5a-DHT into 3b-Adiol. But there’s a caution: Although these studies are theoretically promising, none of them have as yet actually measured “before and after” quantities of 3b-Adiol itself, but rather activity and/or quantity of the enzymes that “lead to” 3b-Adiol. Until this research has been done, the best alternative is measuring the “before and after” levels in individuals, especially individuals found to personally have low 3b-Adiol levels. (In my own practice, I’ve observed that several of the items below have been associated with improved 3b-Adiol levels in individuals, but it’s too early to report that any one is reliably associated with improvement in low 3b-Adiol levels.)

Let’s start with (no kidding) coconut oil and olive oil. In 2008 and 2009, researchers reported that these two oils, used separately, significantly stimulated the activity of 3b-HSD and 17b-HSD, as well as significantly raising testosterone levels in experimental animals, while grapeseed oil and soy oil did not have any significant effect.15,16

Then there’s our old “male health” standby, zinc. Studies in male rats demonstrated that zinc deficiency decreased 3b-HSD activity. Zinc deficiency also was associated with a very significant reduction in testosterone itself.17

Hypothyroidism and “subclinical” hypothyroidism are relatively common. Here’s another reason to be ever-vigilant for these problems: T3 stimulates 3b-HSD type 2.18 Although this might suggest that T3 may stimulate 3b-Adiol, there are as yet no publications exploring this possibility.

However, it’s easy enough to check in any one individual with lower than desirable 3b-Adiol.

3b-HSD also requires NAD (niacinamide adenine dinucleotide), but once again there are no studies yet linking NADH supplementation with improved levels of 3b-Adiol.19
    In a study of adrenal cell activity, lithium was reported to increase synthesis of 3b-HSD type 2. (Obviously the adrenals and testes are entirely different, but the 3b-HSD enzyme is the same enzyme in both areas).

Lastly (for now) all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) has been shown to increase 3b-HSD type 2.20 As too much ATRA can become toxic, this one is available only by prescription.

---------------------------------------

End of loop, go again to the top:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As you may realize there is a lots of overlaps
    breast cancer, prostate cancer, BHP, PCOS
    -----
    Your Father (breast cancer) may need thorough evaluation of his androgens and estrogens
    and
    appropriate enzymes

24hr urine test may be beneficial:
    also look up the list of possible supplements dr Wright list on the bottom of article.
    Those supplements influence responsible enzymes.

http://meridianvalleylab.com/urine-hormone-testing

4100 Comprehensive ULTIMATE (includes Oxtocin, Melatonin, and hGH)

http://meridianvalleylab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/CompULTIMATE_sample.pdf

'''''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Then there is the estrogen side that your Father if fighting in the more conventional way.

But keep in mind that some receptors are used by estrogens and androgens (at the same time??).
    That should be taken into account not only when dealing with prostate cancer (androgens) but also with breast cancer (estrogens).

[​IMG]

===================
    ===================

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androstanediol
    Androstanediol may refer to:

3α-Androstanediol (5α-androstane-3α,17β-diol), a steroid
    3β-Androstanediol (5α-androstane-3β,17β-diol), a steroid
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3β-Androstanediol
    5α-Androstane-3β,17β-diol
    5α-Androstane-3β,17β-diol, also called 3β-androstanediol, and often shortened to 3β-diol, is an endogenous steroid hormone. It is a 5α-reduced and 17β-hydroxylated metabolite of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) as well as a 3β-hydroxylated metabolite of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Similarly to DHEA, 3β-diol is a high-affinity full agonist of the ERβ, and hence, an estrogen. In contrast, it does not bind to the androgen receptor.[1] As a result of activation of the ERβ, 3β-diol has antiproliferative effects against prostate cancer cells and proliferative effects on breast cancer cells.[2][3]

A determination of the circulating levels of 3β-diol in humans found concentrations of 239 ± 76 pg/ml and 82 ± 45 pg/ml of the compound in normal male and female serum, respectively.[4]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3α-Androstanediol

3α-Androstanediol (5α-androstane-3α,17β-diol) is an androstanediol[1]
    derived from DHT in a reaction catalyzed by the enzyme 3-α-HSD
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. Albert83BCN

Albert83BCN New Member

You rock JanSz, thank you very much everything again!

I'm working right now so not much time to read everything in detail (this is stuff that makes brain hurt and will need to re-read a few times!) but as far as I read I noticed this:

I've been taking extra virgin coconut oil (between 15 and 30gr a day) for three or four months, not looking after any possible testosterone effects (never knew it could affect them somehow) but now I wonder... could have helped raise total test?

BTW, I've seen these two articles that I think hit the nail on the head with my current situation:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deiodinase type I (D1)

D1 converts inactive T4 to active T3 throughout the body, but D1 is not a significant determinant of pituitary T4 to T3 conversion, which is controlled by D2 (1,7,10). D1 but not D2 is suppressed and down-regulated (decreasing T4 to T3 conversion) in response to physiologic and emotional stress (11-22); depression (23-45); dieting (46-51); weight gain and leptin resistance (47-91); insulin resistance, obesity and diabetes (91-99); inflammation from autoimmune disease or systemic illness (11,100,102-115); chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia (121-125); chronic pain (116-120); and exposure to toxins and plastics (126-134). In the presences of such conditions there are reduced tissue levels of active thyroid in all tissues except the pituitary. The reduced thyroid tissue levels with these conditions is often quoted as a beneficial response that lowers metabolism and thus does not require treatment, but there is no evidence to support such a stance while there is significant evidence demonstrating it is a detrimental response (135-142).

http://nahypothyroidism.org/deiodinases/

If the adrenals are weak, then even normal thyroid activity places an excessive burden on them. One may begin to feel 'hypoadrenal' (coldness, weight loss, dryness, fatigue, insomnia, and/or anxiety) and then the body innately turns down its own thyroid energy production by increasing production of RT3.

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/treat19.php

Today I'll go see the doc to show him the results. I really think I could sum up to him my issue like this: adrenal fatigue due to overtraining and dieting leads to poor T4 to T3 conversion due to high cortisol leading to high T3 reverse that in combination with blood disorders (just recent anaemia) and doubtful liver function blocks LDL conversion resulting in poor sexual hormone status and might explain most of my symptoms: cold hands, poor sleep, low libido, irritability...

Well, I don't know If I'd be able to tell him this, most likely he'll come with his diagnostic and I'd have to adapt, I hope he can help in some way, maybe he surprises me and sees something worth it! We will see.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Like any well behaved doctor, he, most likely, will be nice to you, give you something to keep you busy and then call next patient. But lets hope for the best.

Statistically speaking, your adrenals are newer weak. If they do not work it is because they need to be supported and signals have to tell them what and when to do.

So, (if you lucky) you are getting into adrenal (and thyroid) supporting supplements.
    I do not like that, because, it is done blindly. You do not know what you are missing.
    When you start supplementation, very likely you will eat stuff that you already have plenty off, and still miss on the stuff that you are actually missing.

That is why I mentioned Spectracell test.
    That test checks about 40 micronutrients, plus, it does that in functional way.
    Add to that iodine/iodide and you have covered lots of ground.

"Drawback" of that test is that the changes that that test observes are slow, so you have to wait about six months to do next test and see if you are making progress.

But lets go thru first round first.

18. Albert83BCN

Albert83BCN New Member

Yes, I had a look at the tests you suggested and was planning to ask him if we could do at least something similar to the Spectracell, I've looked at the sample report and will try to get some of this although I doubt it will be so complete. But having blood, hormonal & thyroid issues I guess he should see a benefit of checking some minerals and vitamins...

With the info you provided me I have some arguments to try to get some benefit from the visit, thanks a ton!

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

OK, till next time

20. Albert83BCN

Albert83BCN New Member

Went to the doc, the visit was useless and I left the consult really disappointed :_(

I showed him the labs, he noddled a little bit his head and after giving a deep look at the numbers told me that I got rid of my anaemia and that the low haptoglobin would be of concern if it was high but not being low, and the only thing that troubled him right now was my high cholesterol. I then tried to throw a few questions about the low free test, low free T3 conversion and if these could have something to do with my LDL so high, but he told me that there was no connection, that my slightly low levels were not of concern (heck!!) and that I could address this with proper dieting... he gave me a paper sheet with three columns of food items that I should eat as a staple, as a treat and to avoid... and guess what was en each column? the staple was whole grains and greens, the treats were mostly sugary things and medium fat and the must avoid were all saturated fats...

I also told him if cortisol could have been the issue and if he thought about what I told him suspecting adrenal fatigue, etc. he told me that was not any issue (I guess he does not believe in adrenals) and just focus in eating what he gave me... i told him that grains didn't suit me well and told me to just focus on the other items in the 1st and 2nd row...

After pointing him to the high transaminases thing and trying to stablish a connection between the liver and the other issues he told me "uhm... yes.. Ok, we should keep an eye to this" so I got a prescription to retest after two months, just for this. To repeat the full labs I asked for 1st september but he said I must wait 6 months... Asked politely if a micro-nutrient profile in search for deficiencies that could impact both the thyroid and test would be of use, told me again that was not necessary u_u.

So now I'm really lost. I need him to repeat the tests but if I do not listem him with regard to the nutritional patterns and don't solve my issues that maintain my LDL high he will tell me that I didn't listen to him at all and it will be embarrassing... but if I listen to him it would be forgetting all I have learned here, although I give him a point in that if I lower my fat intake I will automagically lower LDL but that's not the point the way I see it...

As for the low free test he told me that although he didn't think it was much an issue but couldn't be 100% sure as it's not his area of knowledge so he told me that I could go see the endocrinologist if I wanted to dig a little bit more. I asked for a opinion on a good one and he recommended me the one that visits in the same consult. I remember him, I went to him about 5 years ago when I got very bad digestion and bloating and also because I was concerned with puffy nipples I carried since being a little bit obese when a child and that back then I suspected they could be due to some hormone imbalance. He touched me and told me I did not have any gynecomastia and make some testing but never looked at estradiol or other feminine hormones... and recommended me to eat quinoa... so you see, I don't think I'll gain much to go see him, maybe I could get some usefull testing, I guess I should recall to this option when September arrives as I'd be interested in seeing if things have improved.

Other options I have is take my insurance specialists book which is loaded with docs and try one for one but this is very time demanding and energy draining... I've been looking for some that can treat adrenal fatigue but didn't find much, most of them are specialists in rheumatic arthritis and more into CFS and MS, don't know if I could get a cortisol and DHEA salivay test from them... and for the lab thing here ALL docs are absolutely Mediterranean diet with whole grains, moderate sugars and low fat so no one will tell me that my eating patterns are fine, I guess the ones that could embrace fats are either doing research of have left the country for funds in research... the ones left in consults are, well, the other.

I have been looking at local labs that could do this and it's a little bit expensive and troubling but I'm considering doing it on my own. Problem here is that if I do I'll want to recheck some time after and I could enter a $$$ hell that I cannot afford... I guess my best bet for now will be embracing all the good practices from the epi-paleo and other protocols, take the summer easy and hope for the best.