1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Alarm clock

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by diane, Apr 28, 2013.

1. diane

diane Gold

This may be a silly question, but what does everyone use for an alarm clock? I feel so much better with the alarm clock unplugged, but have been using my phone for the past couple of years. I'm not at the point where my internal alarm clock is working properly, so definitely need something for the morning. If an alarm clock that's plugged in isn't great, phones are out, I'm guess battery too. So what would one do?

2. You can still purchase old-fashioned wind-up alarm clocks... look on Amazon. If you find you can't stand the ticking noise, then do what I do and get a battery powered lcd digital travel alarm and use that... just place it far from your head.

3. cmegan

cmegan Silver

I bought the "Big Ben" from LL Bean...battery run, no ticking noise, and it lights up for viewing only when you touch a button on top....

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

none.........have not needed one in 7 yrs

5. freesia

freesia Old Member

We bought a vintage German wind up alarm clock. I wake around 6am without a clock but my OH needs an alarm esp for the times he has an early flight or whatever. Oh my.....it's a BEAST!! Some fine tuning and tinkering has made the ticking bearable but the alarm is enough to wake a whole village of Germans in the middle of Oktoberfest ..

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I find I just generally wake up at the right time - but it does worry me if I have to be up really early and then I don't sleep as well. I will look into a windup one too ... thanks

7. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

There is a really nice chime battery clock made by Now and Zen (ha ha) I'm getting up so early that it is just a backup, but because of school buses etc. I'm happy to have it.

8. Those look quite excellent...but I don't think I've ever paid that much for an alarm clock (or all the alarm clocks for that matter) in my life. Wow!

9. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Jeff....you're right they are very pricey. I bought mine about seven years ago and I hadn't realize how much they went up. I used to use it all the time and the chimes are really a pleasant way to wake up. Most of the battery or wind up alarms are too "alarming" for my nervous system first thing in the morning. Waking up before you need to is the best solution and the cheapest!