1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ajohnson90s Opitmal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ajohnson90, Jul 29, 2019.

1. ajohnson90

ajohnson90 New Member

Hello fellow Mitochondriacs

I’m posting here to chronicle my journey into dis-ease as well as hopefully gather some insight on how I might come out the other side healthier and happier

I’m going to list my current state of health, what issues are bothering me most, and then work my way backwards chronologically in terms of symptoms.

Currently- I’ve been living with intense brain fog for the last three years. I literally feel like I’m in a fog 24/7. Critical thinking, pattern recognition (like chess for example) cause and effect and abstract thinking are not impossible but almost. Words can be difficult to find, I often lose my thoughts mid sentence and concentrating is quite the task. I often find myself stuck on the same page reading, and even when I’m at my most cognizant, the information doesn’t feel like it’s registering.

If situations get too stressful (my bar for stress has lowered to “I’m at the grocery store and there’s too many people and I’m not cognizant enough to even put together a grocery list let alone bring it”) I dissociate and feel high or drunk.

I feel like if I could just take a blast of cold water to the face it would all go away. But it doesn’t.

This has been accompanied by anxiety, depression, mood swings, fatigue, tight muscles, heart palpitations, panic attacks, tremors during sleep, dissociative feelings, a temporary loss of focus in vision, floaters in eyes and I often shake whenever I try to create tension in my body.

Simply bracing my abs causes me to shake like I just worked out for hours.

The brain fog started in May 2016 and after some stressful events I started experiencing the tremors, dissociation, heart palpitations, pins and needles in my limbs and fatigue around November 2016.

They let up for a few months in 2017 until my whole world gave out from underneath of me when I lost my dad, my new girlfriend turned out to be abusive, I lost my job and my apartment all in a about five months. The symptoms have persisted since then.

In 2015 I started experiencing some trouble sleeping. It was summer and I started having night sweats, sleeping for 10-14 hours a day, and generally having trouble staying or feeling hydrated (constant dry mouth, yellow urine in the morning, which was new for me). I assumed it was stress from the heat, my intense workout regimen, my new job, and my marriage falling apart.

Months go by, the weather cools off and my symptoms persist.

I would wake up feeling groggy, like I had been drugged or just hungover.

My coffee consumption also increased in this time (my intuition tells me this is one of the primary causes) and I can have some pretty adverse reactions to too much caffeine- all symptomatic of hypoglycemia and orthostatic hypotension.

Between 2010 and 2015 the only symptoms I had were random bouts of hypoglycemia- which would usually happen on road trips(?), and my wisdom teeth creating tension in my job, disrupting my sleep.

In 2010 I had similar symptoms to the ones I have now- fatigue, orthostatic hypotension, feeling hypoglycemic, etc. it passed after a few months. This was shortly after switching to a vegetarian diet, which I maintained until 2015. After consuming animal products my health greatly improved.

Currently I still have my four wisdom teeth (awaiting extraction and contemplating the possibility of any tension within the mandible and cervical spine causing the brain fog issue). I grind my teeth all the time because of it- thinking that act alone could be disrupting my sleep, causing the issues, and keeping me in a elevated stress response.

I also have 8 silver fillings, one of which is cracked. I’m not sure how long it’s been cracked, but am contemplating that could be causing the issue.

I’m really making an effort to reduce all nnEMF and restore my circadian rhythm, but not seeing much of an improvement.

I’m at the point where I’m feeling very hopeless about this situation.

I have had some basic panels done- sedimentation rate, vitamin d 1, 25 dihydroxy, basics metabolic panel, TSH w/reflecx to T4, and CBC. Nothing stands out to my doctor to warrant further testing, he thinks it’s “stress”.

I’ve been tested for sleep apnea, which turned out negative.

I’ve also had an ecg and ctc done- nothing abnormal either.

I can post any specific levels upon request.

I’d like to test for metals, allergens, parasites, fungi, etc- I just need to find a good doctor and save up the money to afford the tests.

If you guys have any info or insight I will greatly appreciate it. I prefer hints toward solving the puzzle myself, so as not burden others for doing my own work to answer these questions. But I’m not always certain what questions need asking.

I just want to fix my brain so I can live fully in the present

Thanks!

Jude likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

where do you live? work?

what do you eat? seafood?

drink? what kind of water

give Dr. K. your Mom's and Gran's health history.

welcome

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you listen to Jack's podcasts? His Nourish Vermont talks?

Patreon member? Klub member?

you are going to need lots of skin in the game!

do you see every sunrise? sunset?

The three legged stool .....light, water and magnetism

5. ajohnson90

ajohnson90 New Member

In September 2019, I had my wisdom teeth removed and noticed a marked improvement in sleep and thus my quality of life. Instead of waking up groggy, and having yellow, frothy urine, I woke up well-rested with clear urine. Even the quality of my erections improved.
    That only lasted a month, and I have slowly slid back to poor sleep. I started grinding my teeth again and I haven't slept well since. My brain fog never improved, but I felt that if my sleep had continued improving I might have seen some change in my cognitive function.
    It was nice to feel better for once and I'm hopeful I can start to feel that way again.

Here are some test results that my neurologist ran. It would be nice to get an quantum biology assessment of them.
    She has put me on beta-blockers as an antagonist for adrenaline to calm my SNS. I really don't want to take them. I don't believe it's the root of the issue.

My vitamin B levels haven't ever been low, and I've never supplemented with it, but seeing these results, I've picked up some desiccated liver tablets to supplement my diet.

I quit drinking caffeine and my anxiety and heart palpitations have gone away. Alcohol is next on the list to cut out.

I just want to be present, engaged and actually remember things.

EDIT: About a month before I got my wisdom teeth removed, I was taking magnesium l-threonate and CoQ10. I didn't notice any improvement in my daily life until after I got the teeth removed, but I am currently taking Mag L-Threonate and CoQ10 again to see if it will recreate the same impact.

I'm also wondering if the antibiotics my dentist gave me could have played a role in the change in my sleep as well. I've since taken a different kind of antibiotics for epididymitis but noticed no changes other than the prescribed issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  6. ajohnson90

ajohnson90 New Member

Hi Caroline, I apologize for the late reply.

I live in Oklahoma City, OK, USA.

My diet is varied. Time restricted with the sun. I eat pretty "clean", lot's of veggies, healthy starches and proteins with a lot of fat. I do eat plenty of seafood, though I've noticed that since I've stopped eating as much seafood recently my skin has cleared up.

Water is unfortunately tap water. Working on building my income to get access to better water, if not just a Berkey filter.

I do not see every single sunrise or sunset, though I try, and I'm working on building my life so I can see it. Hence, I've just left my place of work and moved near a park to have access to a green space. I wear blue blockers after the sun goes down and am working to minimize nEMF exposure (no wifi, phone on airplane mode)

I'm not a Patreon or Klub member, but have devoured all of the free material on YT, Jack's site and podcasts.

My grandmother is 65, very overweight and has a pacemaker. No other apparent issues. Apparently cardiac issues "run in the family", but she eats SAD, is physically inactive and doesn't go outside.
    My mother had a benign mass in her upper back removed about a decade ago, gall bladder removed, severe mental health issues, overweight, arthritis she is a former drug user, eats a SAD, smokes cigarettes, inactive, indoors, etc.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    caroline likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Baby steps .....skin in the game