1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

AI/Leaky Gut Diet

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by allison09, Jun 17, 2012.

1. allison09

allison09 New Member

I'm having trouble locating where is says exactly what foods to eat or aviod while doing the AI/Leaky Gut Rx. From what I can remember, it's:

-no eggs

-no nuts

-no dairy

-no nightshades

-plus the normal Leptin Rx stuff, of course.

Am I missing anything? Any ideas? Thanks!

2. melrito

melrito Gold

limit caffeine and I think also chocolate

3. allison09

allison09 New Member

Oh yea! I'm off coffee now too, but then I read Dr. K said coffee was ok? I don't know.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

its OK if you gut is not shot.....if yours is its a NO

5. allison09

allison09 New Member

Thanks Dr. K...is this for both coffee and chocolate?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes if you have a leaky gut.....

7. allison09

allison09 New Member

Alright thanks! Can you explain the problem with nuts and eggs? Or point me in the direction where this info might be? It just helps me to understand why something isn't optimal, thanks!

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I could but it would take me an hour......just go buy Cordains the Paleo Answer.....his chapter in there on this issue is magnificient and its on my Jack Recommended tab for that reason.

9. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

what about green tea... for me. Ditched the decaf coffee successfully.

10. allison09

allison09 New Member

Alright, thanks! Anyone have any input about alcohol? Strict avoidance, or occasional indulgence? How much would it set you back? I rarely drink, but I want to know all the facts!

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

avoid if possible

12. vlynnb

vlynnb Gold

I am sick, not sick and tired, but sick and mad, mad at myself. I have had leaky gut, osteoporosis, and probably an AI disease. I have been doing very well on the Leptin reset since Feb., possibly even LS now. Just getting ready to get labs done. But two weeks ago my son fixed me a curry dish that he thought would be permissible and it was delicious so when I went home I picked up some coconut milk and made more. Oh, that coconut milk was so good that I have been consuming it in small quantities since. Then noticed it isn't the same brand as I had used before and has guar gum in it. I also have a cold with conjunctivitis. My stomach has been upset and somewhat painful for a few days and I think I just messed it up again with the guar gum. I thought at first that it was supplements that was causing the upset but eliminated them and still nauseated.

Question is what can I do now besides just staying on the LR? If I am AI can I have plain yogurt or kefir which would seem to me to be soothing to my stomach? Anything else?

And is there a better place to post this?

13. klellja@gmail.com

klellja@gmail.com New Member

give it a try and see ! your body know better

14. Sem

Sem New Member

How about some herbal tea to help settle your stomach?

15. vlynnb

vlynnb Gold

Thanks, Sem, I am feeling a little better but if I will try the tea. I avoid peppermint as I have had reflux. Which tea would you suggest other than that?

16. I cannot find a definitive answer about if an AI diet can include ghee. I can avoid butter but really don't want to give up my ghee. Anyone know if it is on an AI diet?

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

ghee should be OK but it likely is contaminated with casein

18. I eat Purity Farms ghee and they state that it is salt, lactose, and casein free. Also is organic and the product is free of GMOs and made from pasture raised cow milk. I hope that is a good one!

From their website: *We have our Ghee tested in an FDA certified lab. The lactose test results are below the detection limit of 0.22%. The casein tests below a detection limit of 0.11%. The detection limit is the lowest quantity of a substance that can be distinguished from the absence of that substance.