1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Aging is Not a Disease, Damn It!

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Dennis Clark, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Dan2

Dan2 Pedantic schlub

250 cc of water = 0.25 liter

(http://convert-to.com/conversion/wa...-water-volume-to-liter-l-of-water-volume.html)

___

In the article (end of the first bolded italicized part):

"Dilute 35% food-grade peroxide down to 3% by mixing 1 part peroxide with 10 parts sterile water
    -- Take 3 cubic centimeters (CCs) of that 3% dilution and add it to a 250CC bag of normal saline. This brings it down to a .04% hydrogen peroxide concentration."

__

"Normal saline (NSS, NS or N/S) is the commonly used phrase for a solution of 0.90% w/v of NaCl, 308 mOsm/L or 9.0 g per liter. Less commonly, this solution is referred to as physiological saline or isotonic saline (because it closely approximates isotonic, that is, physiologically normal, solution)..." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saline_(medicine))

Normal saline NaCl concentration:

9 g NaCl per liter of water
    9/4 = 2.25 g per 1/4 liter (250 cc)

___

Converting that 2.25 g weight of NaCl to volume for how many teaspoons

https://www.aqua-calc.com/calculate/weight-to-volume

- In the magnifying glass search line put in sodium chloride. I had to then change the "Select a compound:" choice to "sodium chloride" instead of "molten sodium chloride".
    - Put in 2.25 gram for the weight.
    - That shows in the chart 0.21 teaspoon.

If you have a milligram measuring scale it might be easier using that.

Article:
    "While I've been using a 0.1% dilution, Brownstein uses an even lower concentration of just 0.04%. Neither Brownstein nor I recommend using commercial 3% hydrogen peroxide found in most grocery stores, however, as it has potentially toxic chemical stabilizers in it. Then take 3-5 ml and put that into the nebulizer and inhale the entire amount. You can do this every hour when you are sick until you start to notice improvement and then back down to every 4-6 hours and continue until you are over the illness."

So yeah, if it takes that full hour for 5 ml to be nebulized, 5 ml per hour would use the 250 cc (250 ml) in 50 hours.

I don't know if there would be safety issues with not using pure NaCl. I'd ask Dr. Brownstein.

Contact info for Dr. Brownstein:
    https://www.drbrownstein.com/contact/

Article:
    "When nebulizing, Brownstein also adds one drop of 5% Lugol's solution to the nebulizer as well.

-- Dilute 35% food-grade peroxide down to 3% by mixing 1 part peroxide with 10 parts sterile water
    -- Take 3 cubic centimeters (CCs) of that 3% dilution and add it to a 250CC bag of normal saline. This brings it down to a .04% hydrogen peroxide concentration."

So one drop per 253 cc total solution going into the nebulizer.

___

"Calculating Number of MG's of Iodine and Iodide per Drop of
    Lugol's Solution 5%
    :
    Each VERTICAL "metric" drop (= 1/20 ml) is approximately 2.5 mg of iodine and 5 mg of potassium iodide. The Iodide portion of Potassium Iodide is about 75% so that is 3.75 mg. Therefore the total Iodine plus Iodide is 2.5 + 3.75 = 6.25 mg and 2 drops is about 12.50 mg's of iodine/iodide (5.0 mg iodine, 7.50 mg iodide)."
    (https://www.jcrowsllc.com/collectio...-iodine-5-1-oz-bottle-free-us-canada-shipping)

1 drop 5% = 2.5 mg Iodine, 3.75 mg Iodide

"Calculating Number of MG's of Iodine and Iodide per Drop of
    LUGOL'S 2%:
    Each VERTICAL "metric" drop (= 1/20 ml) is approximately 1.0 mg of iodine and 2.0 mg of potassium iodide. The Iodide portion of Potassium Iodide is about 75% so that is 1.5 mg. Therefore the total Iodine plus Iodide is 1.0 + 1.5 = 2.5 mg and 2 drops is about 5.0 mg's of iodine/iodide (2.0 mg iodine, 3.0 mg iodide)."
    (https://www.jcrowsllc.com/collectio...-iodine-2-2-oz-bottle-free-us-canada-shipping)

1 drop 2% = 1 mg Iodine, 1.5 mg Iodide

___

So 2 or 3 drops of the 2% per ~250 cc.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Since for decades, I use daily (1 dropperfull =~0.8cc) of 2% Lugols
    wonder if I need to add Lugols to the mix meant for nebulizer?

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This raises the question of what and how to prepare the liquid mix for nebulizer, ahead of time.
    How long bottle of prepared mix may stay in my medical cabinet (at 75F or sometimes higher)
    It looks like it may make more sense to have a number of small volumes to be ready waiting.
    There are small prepackaged saline containers, but how to add to it hydrogen peroxide and Lugols, would be a question.

upload_2020-12-11_7-20-58.png
    upload_2020-12-11_7-4-29.png upload_2020-12-11_7-5-4.png

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  5. Dan2

Dan2 Pedantic schlub

I don't know what the Lugol's is added for, and if iodine in the diet could substitute. I'd ask that and about storage of the solution at different temperatures to Dr. Brownstein's team.

JanSz likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I got the nebulizer that I mentioned in the post
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...ot-a-disease-damn-it.25242/page-7#post-293698
    upload_2020-12-12_8-55-25.png

What it really is is a two-piece item.
    1.-- compressor
    2.-- all the tubes, face masks, and medicine container

The second part is replaceable, so I got another set:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084TMXPTD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    upload_2020-12-12_9-0-16.png

Now I have more data.
    The average Nebulization rate is >=0.25mL/min
    You can put in 10mL of medicine in it.
    So it looks like each session under nebulizer may last 40 minutes
    @Dan2
    assuming that I have 10mL saline how many cc of
    Hydrogen Peroxide 12 Percent Aqueous Solution - Food Grade I need to put in it?
    For dosing, I will use insulin syringes which are marked in units, 1cc=100units

upload_2020-12-12_9-9-41.png

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    upload_2020-12-12_9-20-36.png

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This part of the image got my special attention.
    upload_2020-12-12_9-23-33.png

Apparently, we do not need masks to breathe vapors containing hydrogen peroxide.
    Now is wintertime in my place.
    In my heated house humidity falls down to (unhealthy) 15% or even less.
    Way back then I would get nose bleeds if humidity would fall too low for my nose liking.
    When I was replacing my heating/AC system I installed the best humidifier that my contractor had.
    Those humidifiers are pieces of junk.
    To get about 40% humidity (or more) I need to evaporate 10 gallons of water every 24 hrs.
    Now I have 4 soon to be 5 humidifiers like this (at Costco)(picture below):

@Dan2
    @John Schumacher
    I am already breathing vapors of my tap water available from my kitchen sink, (not any saline).
    The ultrasonic Humidifier warning is to not add any fragrance oils or even when cleaning touching the working part with bare hands (since hands have human oils on them).
    But I am assuming that I could add hydrogen peroxide to the water. (??)
    How much 12% hydrogen peroxide do I need to put into 1 US gallon of water (using medical syringe)?
    Soon I will likely use (bought at Costco) 3% hydrogen peroxide.
    upload_2020-12-12_9-59-20.png
    upload_2020-12-12_9-34-49.png

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  8. I put food grade hydrogen peroxide in my humidifiers making about a 0.1% solution.

JanSz likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thanks for telling me that.

I have ultrasonic humidifiers.
    What kind of humidifiers do you have?

How much 12% hydrogen peroxide do I need to put into 1 US gallon of water used by humidifier?

I just got my 16 fl oz bottle of 12% hydrogen hydroxy food grade.

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2020-12-12_12-8-32.png
    1 tsp = 4.9289215940186 mL

Take 1/4 tsp of (12%) hydrogen peroxide mix with (5 fl oz) of water to get 0.1 H peroxide concentration
    ---------------------------------------------
    1 US Gallon=128 fl oz
    need 128/5*(1/4)=6.4 tsp of (12%) hydrogen peroxide
    6.4*4.9289215940186=31.5451 mL
    ===============================
    My other humidifiers have 1.7 gallon containers
    they need 53.62667mL of (12%) hydrogen peroxide
    ============================================
    Bottle of (12%) hydrogen peroxide is 16fl oz=473 mL
    473/31.5451 mL=14.99440484

It looks at the rate of use of 10 gallons of water per day
    I have to order more H2O2.

11. Yes - Ultrasonic Humidifiers
    My food grade hydrogen peroxide is 3%.
    Since I'm not breathing it like a nebulizer, accuracy shouldn't be that big a deal.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The question really is about the desirability of breathing hydrogen peroxide like nebulizer for say about 20 hrs/day every day.

13. It's an option; but I would be concerned about the quality of the hydrogen. The question of whether it is a heavy or light, deuterium depleted hydrogen peroxide or what? We know -> hydrogen is a very small molecule which is used by our bodies as an energy electron carrier which can be used to "charge up" our cells; however, not all hydrogens are created equal.

JanSz likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

So, assuming that the deuterium content in the H2O2 (food grade) is the common 150ppm (D/H)
    you do not see a problem in breathing air that is moisturized using Ultrasonic Humidifiers filled with water mixed with 0.1 peroxide concentration as discussed above?

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I got the left one.
    To use it in house humidifiers the right one may be more suitable.

upload_2020-12-12_14-24-58.png

John Schumacher likes this.
  16. -> No

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Would you like to describe with some details, how you are using hydrogen peroxide in your humidifiers, and what are your concerns doing it?

How to translate using nebulizer machine as discussed,
    into
    humidifier fed with same liquid that nebulizer is filled with?

//////////////

18. My only question is how clean the hydrogen peroxide is.
    In a nebulizer (mask breathing) machine, you get a full blast of hydrogen (whether it is deuterium rich hydrogen or not)
    In a Ultrasonic Humidifier, its just cleaning the surfaces and mixing into your ambient air; so the volume of hydrogen is greatly diminished upon inhale.
    I don't think we could ask the manufacturers if they test their product for deuterium depleted hydrogen ppm.
    One thing a person could do -> fill the nebulizer machine with deuterium depleted water then add food grade hydrogen peroxide before use.

19. Dan2

Dan2 Pedantic schlub

"assuming that I have 10mL saline how many cc of
    Hydrogen Peroxide 12 Percent Aqueous Solution - Food Grade I need to put in it?
    For dosing, I will use insulin syringes which are marked in units, 1cc=100units"

(referring back to the chart to check the proportions of 12% H202 and saline)
    H202.png

- Instead of 5 oz water, 10 mL of saline is 0.33814 fl oz.
    - .33814 / 5 = .0676, so 10 mL of saline is 6.7% of the amount shown in the chart

- Chart uses tsp for H202. 1 tsp = 4.9289 mL
    - 4.9289 / 4 = 1.232, so 1/4 tsp in the chart is 1.232 mL
    - To make the 1/4 tsp H202 in the chart proportional to 10 mL of saline, 1.232 mL * .0676 = 0.0832 mL of H202 per 10 mL of saline

- 1 mL = 1 cc
    - So 0.0832 mL H202 = 0.0832 cc of it

- Insulin syringe 1 cc = 100 units
    - So 0.0832 cc of H202 is 8 units on the syringe of H202 for 0.1% H202 in the 10 mL of saline

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    JanSz likes this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold