1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Aging is Not a Disease, Damn It!

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Dennis Clark, Sep 27, 2020.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@DrEttinger
    @John Schumacher

Butyric acid
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butyric_acid
    C4H8O2 or CH3CH2CH2COOH
    C4:0 (Lipid numbers)
    Consuming butyric acid aid digestion, calm inflammation and improve overall gastrointestinal health.
    ---
    β-Hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate (HMB)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta-Hydroxy_beta-methylbutyric_acid
    ------------------------------------------------
    QUESTION
    BodyBio products mostly advertise gut health
    BulkSupplements product is mostly advertised as a muscle-building product.
    But it seems to me that both products should support gut health.
    Which product should I rater use? I am not into muscle building.

For years I was using Sodium Butyrate from BodyBio, but am thinking now that HMB may be better, definitely less expensive.

upload_2021-7-16_9-53-19.png

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=body+bio+butyric+acid&ref=nb_sb_noss

https://www.amazon.com/BulkSuppleme...plements.com+HMB+Powder&qid=1626443814&sr=8-6

John Schumacher likes this.
  6. beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate (HMB) supplementation are shown as effective treatments to delay or reverse frailty and reduce cognitive impairment in adults aged 80 years or older. - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6769498/

JanSz likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thank you.
    Any suggestions on a daily dose of the HMB BulkSupplements product?

///

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Strain – Counterstrain theraphy

What makes Strain – Counterstrain so effective?

The goal of Strain-Counterstrain is to restore the clogged pump mechanism in the lymphatic system so this system can return to normal, return fascia to normal so it can stretch and move again and relieve muscle and other connective tissue tightness. We need to address multiple systems in the body. The therapist first evaluates the painful area to look for specific tender points. As with all Counterstrain, we will use passive shortening of the problem area to correct the vasospasm or tightness in the area.

Richard Watson likes this.
  9. Moving the lymph - very important
    Lymphatic chambers termed ‘lymphangions’ -> are multi-chambers through frequently occurring unidirectional valves, with pumping mediated by contractions of the circularly oriented smooth muscle in the vessel walls, each chamber acting like a ‘primitive heart’.
    upload_2021-7-20_11-57-36.png
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4270499/

The intraluminal leaflet values have been studied from a fluid-dynamics perspective looking at the CA+ an NO chemical influences; however, they have not looked into the voltage gradient influence like that of the heart's electromagnetic influence on capillaries
    upload_2021-7-20_12-18-34.png
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-46669-9

Leucocytes traffic between the tissues and draining lymph nodes for the initiation and modulation of immune responses.
    upload_2021-7-20_12-6-17.png
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6426755/
    I love how scientists use words like drain as if gravity always moves things in the "right" direction.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    JanSz likes this.
  10. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

Butyric acid is not utilized effectively or at all when taken orally. The most effective way of administration is via enema. It's a by product of fiber breakdown by our large bowel bacteria and where it is needed for proper large bowel health.

More on potassium - Differing effects of supplemental KCl and KHCO3: pathophysiological and clinical implications

John Schumacher and JanSz like this.
  11. DrEttinger

There is a belief that all diets are fermented by the gut microbiome, and that the fibers are decomposed into SCFAs to reduce intestinal pH, which then affects bone minerals. This explanation, however, may be too simplistic, and the underlying mechanisms are varied. There are special foods called prebiotics that cannot be hydrolyzed and absorbed by the digestive system. [24] Prebiotics can be classified into two categories: oligosaccharides and polysaccharides. Oligosaccharides mainly include fructooligosaccharides (FOS), galactooligosaccharides (GOS), and xylooligosaccharides, while polysaccharides mainly include inulin and microalgae. [39] Prebiotics, especially non-digestible oligosaccharides (NDOs), can selectively stimulate, activate, and proliferate beneficial bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. This effect inhibits the survival and development of harmful bacteria, promotes the metabolism of beneficial bacteria, secretes more SCFAs represented by butyric acid in the gut tract, and then promotes calcium absorption. [40],[41] Kleessen et al[42] found that the effects of dietary FOS on the alterations of intestinal mucosa and thickness.

John Schumacher and JanSz like this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@DrEttinger
    You are shaking the profits of a few highly profitable industries.

I know a person (working in the medical field) whose mother has
    bad kidneys
    high blood pressure
    GERD
    osteoporosis and broken bone of vertebra to prove it
    muscle spasms

When I tell that person to check her mother's
    Potassium RBC (out of pocket $115)
    https://www.labwork365.com/product/potassium-rbc/
    and if most likely low, supplement with KHCO3 Potassium Bicarbonate with a dose that would bring it (only into mid laboratory range)
    I hear back that she can't do that because of bad kidneys.

Any comments?

upload_2021-7-25_10-30-40.png

DrEttinger and Freebird like this.
  13. DLO

DLO StarFish

What do u guys think about brushing teeth with potassium bicarbonate/hydrogen peroxide? Most people use sodium bicarbonate.

14. DrEttinger

I use baking soda mixed with xylitol and a touch of tea tree oil.

John Schumacher likes this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

16. DLO

DLO StarFish

I'm using baking powder when i run out i'll use baking soda.

JanSz likes this.
  17. DrEttinger

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

In the article you posted they were using
    antibacterial (0.2 percent chlorhexidine) mouthwash
    The Listerine that I use has
    Alcohol (21.6% v/v) (I assume ethyl alcohol)
    -----------------------
    My blood pressure is ok, if anything on the lower side.
    Since I started on potassium bicarbonate, number of good things happened. Resting pulse has fallen from usual high 80s to mid 60's
    -----------------------
    For quite a long time, my Dear Wife was telling me that I have bad breath.
    I always suspected that she did that, possibly because she being in declining health was attempting to delay or avoid my sexual plans toward her.
    I felt no odor, asked my dentists about, the same thing. The dentist fixed whatever he saw in need of fixing.
    I have a nice GF now, 20 years my junior, playing safe I use Listerine.

Any suggestions?

Listerine Ultraclean Oral Care Antiseptic Mouthwash
    Ingredients
    Active ingredients
    Eucalyptol (0.092%),
    Menthol (0.042%),
    Methyl Salicylate (0.060%),
    Thymol (0.064%)PurposesAntiplaque/antigingivitis
    Inactive ingredients
    Water,
    Alcohol (21.6% v/v),
    Sorbitol,
    Poloxamer 407,
    Benzoic Acid,
    Zinc Chloride,
    Sodium Benzoate,
    Sucralose,
    Sodium Saccharin,
    Green 3
    ===============================================================
    Listerine Original Antiseptic Oral Care Mouthwash
    Ingredients
    Active Ingredients:
    Eucalyptol 0.092%,
    menthol 0.042%,
    methyl salicylate 0.060%,
    thymol 0.064%.
    Inactive Ingredients:
    Water,
    alcohol (26.9%),
    benzoic acid,
    poloxamer 407,
    sodium benzoate,
    caramel

==============================================================

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  19. DrEttinger

I use baking soda mixed with xylitol and a touch of tea tree oil. Brush, swish or gargle.

caroline and JanSz like this.
  20. @JanSz
    Check out -> https://www.amazon.com/stores/BLIS+Probiotics/page/6A1FF910-E597-4C26-9104-39AD68587890
    Emeritus Professor Dr. John Tagg’s pioneered research and developed of two probiotic bacterial strains for the mouth. These strains of ‘friendly’ bacteria are effective in crowding out bad bacteria. Both are strains of S. salivarius, which are naturally found in the oral cavity of healthy humans.
    • One is the world’s first oral probiotic strain from the mouth for the mouth.
    • The other probiotic strain specifically targets dental and gum health.
    He has authored more than 230 research publications on the topic and isolated over 2,000 bacterial strains. Dr. John Tagg has been researching bacteria since the mid 1970s and has been specifically looking for a probiotic solution to Group A Strep. He’s done this work primarily at the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand. He’s responsible for the isolation and characterization of the first streptococcal bacteriocin and wrote the first major review of the bacteriocins of gram-positive bacteria.

JanSz likes this.