1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Aging is Not a Disease, Damn It!

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Dennis Clark, Sep 27, 2020.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I've been reading Steven Gundry's book The Plant Paradox, I don't agree with everything, but his hypothesis is that our genes want us to reproduce and replace ourselves, with enough time to get our offspring to a point they can survive on their own, but after that are not interested in taking us to a ripe old age. He says that if we want to live a healthy long life we have to eat differently.

His focus is on lectins and there's an interesting section on the lectin binding sugar molecule Neu5Ac. Most mammals (including chimps and gorillas) make Neu5Gc, not the Neu5Ac that we make. (A gene mutation when we diverged from the apes??? ) So a captive chimp eating a human grain based diet doesn't get atherosclerosis or autoimmune disease like a human might. But as humans we recognise Neu5Gc as foreign, and it causes an auto immune attack. The biggie is though that apparently cattle pigs and sheep all carry the Neu5Gc, which gets into our tissues, when we eat their tissues. :eek:

Gundry also says that its been shown that cancer cells use Neu5Gc to attract blood vessel growth towards them, they use it to hide from our immune system, and human tumors contain large amounts of it, despite us not having the genes to manufacture it. "That means the tumor cells got it from that beef, pork or lamb you ate ...."

"This is the perfect example of friendly fire, and it provides further proof why shellfish, mollusk and fish eaters have better health than meat eaters ....."
    (These seafood sources also have 5Ac like humans, so doesn't cause the same 5Gc reaction ....) which supports the seafood of the epi paleo RX...:)

I've been reading some of the studies on it, but this is an intro for anyone interested.

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/releas...ar-molecule-in-red-meat-linked-to-cancer.aspx

:)

Richard Watson likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://www.wellbeingjournal.com/low-stomach-acid-causes-heartburn-gerd-or-acid-reflux/

Low Stomach Acid Causes Heartburn (GERD), or Acid Reflux???
    By Sarah Cotten, FNLP.
    Heartburn, however, isn’t caused by too much stomach acid, that is to say, too much HCl, as conventional practitioners have been taught;
    heartburn is caused by not enough stomach acid.
    Acid-blocking drugs not only have adverse side effects, but they do not treat the cause of the problem, they just exacerbate it.
    -------
    Churning, Squeezing, Splashing, and Getting Stuck
    This overly active churning and squeezing motion in the stomach causes pressure to build and stomach acid to splash, or back up into the esophagus. This results in the feeling known as heartburn, which is actually esophagus burn. Also, when stomach acid is too low, this sends a message to the stomach’s release valve, known as the pyloric sphincter, to stay closed!
    -------
    Tips for Increasing HCl
    1. Drink fresh celery juice on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. It helps restore HCl because it is high in bioactive sodium,
    2. For some people, probiotic-rich fermented vegetables,
    3. Maintain good posture!
    4. Squeeze a slice of lemon
    5 . Use a botanical supplement of digestive bitters.
    6. Supplement with HCl (hydrochloric acid) tablets.
    7. Consider a therapy called visceral manipulation,
    =========================================================
    @DrEttinger
    @John Schumacher
    anybody else willing to help

Conventional medicine has it wrong
    The functional medicine approach is not good enough.

Let us get a list of minerals and micronutrients that affect the desirable stomach's acid level. Also some of their major interactions.
    Let us figure out desirable levels of them and a way of testing them.
    Testing, preferably without the doctor's written scripts, but rather using scripts for LabCorp or other bought over the internet.
    Stay away from extreme, rare, cases. Assume generally healthy person seeking optimum.
    Assume 20-25 yo (definite) male or female.

Lots of this work, if not most is done already by @DrEttinger
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/we-need-a-migraine-rx.14000/page-4#post-290433
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/we-need-a-migraine-rx.14000/page-4#post-290435
    but it was done mostly because of his headaches.
    Now I have in mind GERD, proper PH of stomach acid, and muscle cramps.

4. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

How to increase HCl production is not as simple as the 7 steps you list above. A diabetic or someone who consumes alcohol on a daily basis will have specific needs compared to a non-diabetic or someone who abstains from alcohol. A person with yeast (candida) or fungal issues will also have specific needs.

Being locked in sympathetic dominance adds another issue to the mix. Low vagal tone, yet another.

As you can see, every person may require a unique prescription and as such needs to be worked up individually.

The only generic recommendation in health care is to get more connected to nature. Other than that, most recommendations are unique to the individual.

Dr. Ettinger

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/since-starting-thiamine.24833/#post-299775
    ====================================================
    [QU OTE="Jack Kruse, post: 299772, member: 1031"]On Patreon Hypoxia one blog covers thiamine.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/32419906

Do not forget to give thiamine to your septic shock patients! https://jtd.amegroups.com/article/view/7378/6957…

"TPP serves as a coenzyme for transketolase, a cytosolic enzyme implicated in the pentose phosphate pathway, that functions in maintaining cell redox status through the production of NADPH"

When we are deficient in B1 the mitochondrial matrix suffers from pseudohypoxia (low NAD+ and oxygen). Its discovery followed from the original early research on the ‘anti-beriberi factor’ found in rice polishings. After its synthesis in 1936, it led to many years of research to find its action in treating beriberi, a lethal scourge known for thousands of years, particularly in cultures dependent on rice as a staple.

Thiamine pyrophosphate (TPP) is the active coenzyme form of thiamine and it is abundant in human RBCs. For this reason, it is a reasonable marker that we can use in mitochondrial matrix failure associated with higher heteroplasmy states. When we see abnormal peripheral smears in patients it signifies that we might want to clinically assess TPP activity and thiamine levels in our patients. Some disease states associated with high mitochondrial density show these clinical features more often than not because certain organs have higher mitochondrial capacity.

The gateway in mitochondria for hypoxia is pseudohypoxia by blockade of pyruvate which sits atop the TCA cycle inside the matrix. The gatekeeper of the creation of Acetyl-CoA from pyruvate is thiamine. It is the major controller of substate movements in the matrix. Blue light exposure and nnEMF cause hypoxia very commonly in a technocracy. As thiamine drops, we simultaneously lose control of UCP-2 and this alters the matrix concentration of different hydrogen isotopes (deuterium). When this occurs we can use Nitric oxide levels as a proxy for high levels of deuterium in the matrix because during hypoxia blood flow slows. This is always associated with low UV-A solar exposure.[/QUOTE]
    ====================================================

[QU OTE="DrEttinger, post: 299775, member: 22307"]B1 is a blood marker I run on all my new patients, especially diabetics and those consuming alcohol daily. I take sulbutiamine daily as I do have at least 2 glasses of wine per day. Part of the development of neuropathy and retinopathy is due to the depletion of B1 caused by the higher demand in the above conditions. I usually see low vitamin C along with B1 in these same patients. As a side note, CoQ10, B1, and vitamin C are usually 50% of the high physiologic range in almost all of my tested new patients, unless they were previously taking the supplements.

As Jack noted above, metabolic acidosis (sodium+potassium - chloride+CO2 = >12) is almost always seen in conjunction with low B1. Hyperchloremic metabolic acidosis is the most common form I see. This dilutes preexisting bicarbonate and decreases renal bicarbonate reabsorption.
    Giving B1 and sodium bicarbonate (I prefer a combination of both sodium and potassium bicarbonate) helps to increase sodium and/or potassium (which is usually low), lower chloride (the main anion elevated contributing to the acidosis) as it's now combining with sodium and/or potassium to form H20, C02, and NaCl/KCl (rather than ingest it) in the presence of HCl (stomach acid). Hopefully, they are not on PPI's.

Septic shock benefits from both ascorbic acid and B1. The need usually far proceeded the development of the issue that led to the sepsis. Low redox potential is the common denominator these days due to the lack of being connected to the natural world while eating a high deuterium (processed) diet, leading to inflammation, hypoxia, and acidosis. The only outcome possible, if chronic, is disease or early death.

To Dr. Kruse:

Dr. Kruse, if you eventually do a Clubhouse group for or/with doctors, I would love to take part in that. I have had a decentralized (cash) practice for 20 of my 32 years while working 3.5 days on and 3.5 days off - living the dream. I have used nature the entire time, as I practice the way I live. The foundation of every one of my protocols is basically how I live my day-to-day life.

Respectfully,

Dr. Marcus Ettinger
    info@advancedhealing.com
    Orange, CA
    33° N[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Richard Watson likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...t-a-disease-damn-it.25242/page-13#post-299728
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/since-starting-thiamine.24833/#post-299775
    Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs)

PPI is probably the most abused medication, second only to statins.
    There is a huge industry that prospers on this misery.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Most of the time PPI's are recommended by MD to peoples who already have low stomach acid.
    The situation is very common.
    @DrEttinger If possible let's set aside the actually sick people,
    concentrate on someone who is rather fit,
    not overweight, low fasting insulim, very good Calcium Score, why that kind of person has low stomach acid, and how to help him/her.
    I was suffering from GERD for a while, was given PPI's, but was lucky to come across Charles Poliquin.
    For almost 30 years was eating Betaine HCL, no GERD, it worked.
    Looks like Poliquin had wrong assumptions but his conclusions were helpful and working (for many bodybuilders).
    You came along with your shortlist of salt, Mg, potassium bicarbonate.
    That at first was meant for muscle cramps.
    Then I see that my (potassium RBC) even with the above supplementation is really very low.

At first, I thought that a better level of potassium will increase my stomach acid,
    For the last two weeks, I stopped using (Betaine HCL) and not missing it.
    But now in the post (#245) above you are hoping for stomach acid presence. So there is something else that induces HCL production.
    ----------------------------------

I am highly interested in the topic of keeping my stomach healthy.
    That alone may mean healthy and functional most of the rest of the body.
    Hopefully, you will have time to write a rounded article on that topic.

If you will talk at the ClubHouse with dr Kuse or separately, please announce it so I would not miss that.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

9. DrEttinger

Quick test for stomach HCl level:

Drink 1/2 tsp of Baking soda in 3-4 oz water, before bed, on an empty stomach. The optimal reaction would be a large to very large effervescent burp within 2-3 minutes. That is the bicarbonate reacting with the HCl (if present) making CO2. The more HCl the more CO2. 2, 3, 4... burps may happen over the next few minutes. The non-optimal reaction (low to no HCl) would be a very small to no burp or a burp that takes longer than 5 minutes to happen. This means very low stomach HCl.

10. DrEttinger

Jason F likes this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

View attachment 18630
    Sodium bicarbonate
    Sodium bicarbonate, commonly known as baking soda or bicarbonate of soda, is a chemical compound with the formula NaHCO₃.

What's in Baking Soda?
    The only ingredient in baking soda is sodium bicarbonate.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I ordered Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate).
    Will do the test likely on Friday.

I eat now (flat) 3/4 tsp Potassium Bicarbonate, twice daily. Morning and evening, always standing.
    Chase it with a sip of water.
    I do burp 2-3 minutes later. 2-3 burps.

upload_2021-6-15_20-28-42.png

12. DrEttinger

It sounds like you have plenty of HCL. If the burps are large and fizzy, that is the best reaction - meaning plenty of HCl.

As far as tightening the sphincter goes, I don't know if it's possible. Age makes all sphincter muscles in the body looser.

John Schumacher likes this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thank you @DrEttinger
    I do not think I need any sphincter tightening.
    I think I need proper (and timely) chemistry in my stomach.

Since I went on Betaine HCL (30 years ago) I hardly ever had GERD.
    It worked very well as far as GERD.
    But eventually, you have come along and helped me realize that my electrolytes are off.
    As of now
    I have dropped Betaine HCL with Pepsin.
    Increased Potassium Bicarbonate to 3/4 tsp twice/day
    Waiting for any negative reactions (mainly GERD or muscle spasms).
    I will be checking (potassium RBC)
    as often as possible
    and aiming to have it in the mid laboratory range.
    -------------
    The (potassium serum) which is part of
    Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP 14)
    is rather useless (if not outright misleading).
    --------------

According to the reference you posted
    humanity used to consume much more potassium and then they figured out agriculture.
    https://www.advancedhealing.com/wp-content/uploads/Potassium-BEST.pdf

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/cell-salt-schuessler-salts.25513/#post-295077

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The picture is from post #241 in this thread.
    Milk, urine, saliva are expected to have (pH=6.3 - 6.6)
    A few days ago I measured mine and my girlfriend's urine (first morning void).
    Commercial Laboratory, double digits accuracy meter used.
    Wed June 9/2021
    Jan pH=5.76
    Girl pH=5.21

Any thoughts?
    @DrEttinger

upload_2021-6-16_9-17-53.png

15. Jason F

Jason F New Member

I just tried your experiment Dr., this morning on empty stomach mostly (would lemon water have an effect if consumed ahead?), the result was a small burp 5 minutes after consuming the baking soda mixture (age 48). Suggested next steps?

JanSz likes this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2021-6-17_9-17-23.png

Try simple first.
    Point #1 and #2 below. Commonly recommended by almost everybody.
    I am also guessing that especially #1 is low on deuterium.
    If you have $$, test deuterium level and post it here.

upload_2021-6-17_9-19-35.png

Jason F likes this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[​IMG]

Did you watch the DUTCH webinar yesterday?

Click HERE to Watch the Replay
    and Download the Slides HERE

Attached Files:

18. Freebird

Freebird New Member

Hmmm... I wonder if one would get similar reactions if using potassium bicarbonate rather than baking soda.

19. DrEttinger

Yes.

Freebird and JanSz like this.
  20. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

@JanSz
    Methylene blue might be useful in the nebulizer.
    edlt: It says to use a nebulizer mask and it stains the person's face blue some... Maybe not a good idea to use the nebulizer to mist it in a room. Or maybe an interesting way to color a room a pretty indigo.

(Nebulizer talk started here:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/aging-is-not-a-disease-damn-it.25242/page-7 )

Using Methylene Blue in nebulized form for treating patients with Coronavirus (Covid-19)

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...id-19-using-methylene-blue.40192/#post-636687

"Primary course of administration is in Nebulized form and Sublingually together. For patients with severe Cyanosis (oxygen levels less than 85%), IV may be required based on the clinical condition of the patient."

"'Dosage for Prophylaxis (i.e. for prevention)

MB shows best results as a prophylactic & should be considered as the primary line of treatment in the general unaffected population.
    • Sublingual administration of 0.1% w/v concentration daily (till the pandemic lasts) — swallow what is not absorbed in approx. 30 seconds (2.5 ml) OD
      • OR : If possible; 1.25 ML twice a day'
    [comment in the forum thread quoting that] this equates to 2.5mg of methylene blue"

"The detailed treatment regimen can be found here:
    https://methylene-blue.conzapp.com/methylene-blue-dosage-for-patients-for-prophylaxis "

_____

Using leucomethylene blue instead of MB?

https://raypeatforum.com/community/...ions-regular-oxidized-m-b-is-dangerous.36735/

(This starts about doing an IV, but it's mentioned in the thread whether leucomethylene blue would be better to nebulize.)

"These researchers suggest an IV cocktail of the clear leucomethylene blue reduced by vitamin C, as well as urea (the reason they include it is interesting), and a glutathione supportive antioxidant like NAC or lipoic acid. They are quite clear about why NOT to use regular oxidized M.B.:

Key Points
    1. Never ever use Methylene blue (the oxidized form) for treatment of COVID-19, since it increases oxidative stress and consequently inflammation.

2. The reduced form of methylene blue (Leucomethylene) should be used for treatment.

So I’m not an expert on antioxidant/oxidants, but it seems like regular M.B. can be risky in status of high inflammation like cytokine storm with acute infection. Damaged / dead cells don’t reduce M.B. to leucomethylene blue and in a state of high oxidative stress the extra burden of using the oxidized M.B. form can be a bad idea..."

Counterargument to that (from a post in the thread):

"...To say that using leucomethylene blue is safe but methylene blue is not is strange to me as within seconds of getting the reduced form into the body it will get oxidized back to methylene blue... The part that is really interesting is that they say leucomethylene blue does not cause oxidative stress but they included NAC (an antioxidant/reductant) to the cocktail. Why, if leucomethylene blue is safe? I suspect they know quite well that the high dose (1mg/kg ) of MB/leucomethylene they propose is likely to cause oxidative stress no matter what form (reduced or oxidized) it is administered, so to play it safe they add NAC to the cocktail. If leucomethylene blue was indeed safe in such high doses then there would have been no need for a powerful reductant like NAC."

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    JanSz and caroline like this.