1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

Stick around, boost your scrabble scores.

Phosphene likes this.
  2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Of course I had to go edit that post at the same moment you replied. Editor in me couldn’t leave well enough alone...

Sheddie and EStein like this.
  3. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

I'm glad that my survivor soup looks comparable. Kinda yellow due to turmeric, and a big layer of fat on top.

drezy likes this.
  4. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Lol.. me too. Some things drezy writes I am ...Whaaaattt? ..then my head hurts.

5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Ditto.. lol

EStein likes this.
  6. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Lol.. chocolate soft serve...lolhahaaaaa

I wonder if Dr. Kruse reads these posts and laughs his ass of.

EStein likes this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

I think some of that is collagen as well. I have a jar full in my fridge that giggles like denser jello.

The beef neck was a pain to cut and get into the pot but the meat itself (forgot to add to the bowl before I took that picture) is incredibly tasty and reminded me of a really good osso buco. Yum.

Weeksago I was hoping the "grandpa" bird that lives on my back porch would be able to stay in the game one more season. Now I'm thinking he should give it a rest, 5 is a high number of hatchlings to feed at once:
    nest.jpg

Phosphene, Billybats and WalterNL like this.
  8. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

Thanks for the mention, Drezy. I'm thinking that us older guys deserve a 'participation' trophy just for being able to hang around so long. An odd side effect of hitting my 70s is that I look at obits more often now, just to see how old people are when they pass on. My thought is almost always, "He/she was way too young to die." I will probably get more obsessive about this as my future birthdays continue to stack up.

Sheddie, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm always a fan of hearing more from you.

In recognition of that I award you with the Golden Suspenders.

I have creeping suspicion that one day I'll look down and whamo! My pants will have insidiously migrated, unnoticed by me, up to my ribcage. I've observed this in Western and Eastern cultures alike. Pants always get hiked up.

I'm not qualified to have much useful advice for you over than always wear you pants 1" lower than feels comfortable from here on out. It's what I plan to do and that alone may buy you a decade.

karenr, Phosphene and caroline like this.
  10. Billybats

Billybats New Member

You just described my dad..lol Yep he started wearing suspenders.. he just turned 85.

drezy and Phosphene like this.
  11. Dennis Clark

Golden Suspenders? Gotta love it. They may become especially useful with the development of 'old man butt' - i.e, flattened. I first noticed this syndrome at a western clothing store, where they had 'mature cut' jeans for a flat butt. Not for me yet - buns of steel, you know. The need for suspenders is approaching, though.

Phosphene, caroline and drezy like this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

Oh, is that what it is? Flat butt? I remember, though, that you're hitting the gym and getting swole.

To be more clear about earlier statements. I was listening to that podcast about true alphas in wolf packs (not what humans have twisted the meaning of) and how it relates to pack success.

I'll hazard a guess that, mitochondrial separation aside, I'm not the only guy on this site that'd love to try this all out along with their father. Impossible for some and unlikely for others, I'm just happy to have some proxies out there and show my gratitude.

Thanks.

Phosphene likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

Every once in a while it becomes imperative for me to post something from Kruse blog up on my bathroom mirror so that I act on it better.

Thanks to CPC 27 and the referenced video, I've summarized the following(you'll have to read and listen to get it):

ducktest.jpeg

Anybody want this on a t-shirt as badly as I do?

Phosphene, Scompy and Jenelle like this.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

In the Southwest corner of my little nudist colony I just planted grapes and have my fingers crossed:

grapes.jpg

Phosphene, caroline, Jenelle and 2 others like this.
  15. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

That's a real beauty! You really will need luck from "fingers crossed!" We had massive mature grape vines along a chain-link fence and in 20+ years never got the grapes before the birds did! Don't discount Grandpa & Momma birds aren't reading your mind and guiding your strategies. The best hope, I think, is to plan to share the fruit; which our off-circadian career-life rhythms seemed to preclude. Tried netting and failed. We finally conceded the game; let the birds triumph and instead, took second place enjoying the excellent green fence cover-up every year. You will do better if you can be present just before the exact moment those perfect grape bunches ripen, or maybe serious viticulturists have some tips... This story took place in life-before-the-Internet. Best luck.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

Lol.
    Yeah, I'm going to trellis it up so that area can be an afternoon shaded area with a table under something like a simple pergola. Running on some wish power there.

There is a native grape vine 20 feet away. Based on your input I now suspect the birds may eat up my sweeter grapes and I might be left with just the native ones. They haven't touched my nectarines, peaches, or figs yet so I'm not going to rock the boat and just be happy for a shaded area.

Phosphene and Sheddie like this.
  17. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

@drezy — Will one of those commercial properties be a DDW plant? I’d invest in that. :thumbsup:

Yeah I’m up way too late. It is what it is. :oops:

Sheddie and drezy like this.
  18. Dennis Clark

You inspired me to go back and watch the video (will reread the post again, too). The image at 41:09 shows all those fabulous duck testicles. The T-shirt is appealing, now that I know what it is about. Any ideas about market demand for such a thing?

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  19. Dennis Clark

I checked out the book by Hollwich ... no surprise that it is pricey (published by Springer, typical). Used at just under a hundred bucks. Dang!

drezy likes this.
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

We think alike. I found a possibility to rent the material for $30. Also chapters are available for $30 here:
    https://www.springer.com/us/book/9781461261346

There is a "Light and Sexual Function" chapter.

By pharma study tactics: Demand has doubled! We're up to a 2 count now.

Phosphene likes this.