1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am not sure but I seem to react to commercially cured things. At lot of butchers shops here are smoking everything it seems .....and I hate the smell of what ever they use. As I have mentioned - my Dad built his own smoke house for his homemade sausages. They were extraordinary and, unfortunately, being a stupid kid - I didn't pay attention to any of it. I do know that he used only wood for his smoke house and it was a pretty simple affair. It was just a small brick building with hanging racks for the sausages and, I guess, there must have been a fire pit of some sort. He must have kept a small fire going over quite a number of hours.
    These days they must use a zillion additives to everything.

When we were in Spain - I had no problems at all with all the air cured hams. I ate them several times a day.

ElectricUniverse and drezy like this.
  2. drezy

drezy New Member

Another benefit of having a CT family -- winter power bills
    bill.png

3. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Well, no surprise there that you react to smoke-cured meats-- smoking and grilling meats adds toxins and carcinogens to the food.

In Kansas City, BBQ Capital of USA, they even take cuisine of cremated flesh to a high art with their burnt ends (charred brisket).

(sfgate): "For example, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons such as benzopyrenes from wood smoke are toxic" ... "According to the National Cancer Institute, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and heterocyclic amines form when meat is cooked under high temperatures, as happens during smoking over an open flame or by grilling".

With a largely plant-based diet like mine you avoid cooking landmines like above, but you can still overheat foods, particularly oils and fats used in cooking, and that is bad.

drezy likes this.
  4. drezy

drezy New Member

Mortadella my way (though I wish I had access to some pork back fat):
    mort.jpg

Inger, JanSz and caroline like this.
  5. Anne V

Anne V Silver

could send u some by pigeon, plenty here in the fantastic peelham farm , in Scotland, just at the border;)

Christine_L, caroline and drezy like this.
  6. drezy

drezy New Member

Mon Cher
    I would, but it appears that the pigeon is French and currently protesting it's pension changes.
    I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't flip over and burn my car!

Anne V and caroline like this.
  7. Jamie S

Jamie S New Member turned GOLD :)

Question for you advanced CTer from the newby... Does that mean I don't get to use heat in my home? Is that the goal... to live comfortably in the cold? Is my hot shower after hanging out in the 58 degree ocean a bad thing?

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

great effort Dan!

9. drezy

drezy New Member

It doesn't look as good as the store bought stuff but it tastes way better. I need to source some the more rigid back fat.

Still it costs me $2.49 / lb versus $9/lb at the store

caroline likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy New Member

Good question. When you get used to it you start to have a fun "wait for it.." moment for the T of CT to kick in.

Given my previous lifestyle with higher BP and always cold hands I'm still amazed in a cool house that my own furnace kicks in and hands warm up nicely. From experience when you have cold hands you think twice about touching anyone or even reaching out. I think it actually effects relationships. I know it did for me.

Still the minute me or my wife hop out of a CT session while still on the cold side we have a rule. The cold partner's hands go down to the other's buns and the nicer the clothing the higher the chance for a icey wet embrace for an awkwardly long time. At least that's how we run this little household.

We aim to allow the thermogenesis to happen before any warmth is added.

Cuffy, Inger, Christine_L and 2 others like this.
  11. Jamie S

Jamie S New Member turned GOLD :)

thanks for the reply!

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2020-1-13_19-6-32.png

drezy likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy New Member

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

At Costco they sell pork belly slabs.
    It cost near $3/pound. There is a lots of fat there.
    You can separate the salo and meat.
    Eventually using the whole.
    Problem is that you would then need to salt cure the salo.
    Last time I got a cured salo in my area it cost me $10/pound.

drezy likes this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

16. drezy

drezy New Member

If you have space in the fridge it's cheap and easy to cure it.

I've never tried it, but back fat is supposed to be more dense....

You've given me a good idea tough. Salt cure the belly fat to make it tougher and use those as chunky denser fat in my mortadella.

Thanks for the idea.

JanSz likes this.
  17. Youre tempting all of us with your cooking @drezy... Looks yummy

18. Anne V

Anne V Silver

:rofl: nothing better then laughter. thanks for that @drezy

caroline and drezy like this.
  19. drezy

drezy New Member

One of the biggest changes I have noticed over the last two years is a little difficult to pack into a word or single concept.

short version:
    I could describe it as having semi lucid to full lucid dreaming and also being sharper mentally and more creative.

I developed a habit of knowing when I'm about to drift off and "asking" (in thought only) two questions:
    What did I miss?
    &
    How can I move forward?

Often in dreams I'll go off script and just start talking to any being in the dream about any issues I have or problems I'm trying to solve or solutions I'm trying to create. I usually remember most of the dreams in vivid detail, but even when I don't every morning I open my eyes I have a handful of ideas that usually fit the bill for what I need to do that day and long term as well.

So far that is simply an expanded explanation of the short version.

The tough bit to describe is that when I wake up with the ideas there is a fleeting feeling or connection to a concept that doesn't really fit in language. My best attempt is that it's a connection to knowing: what needed to be so that what needs to be will.

It's also accompanied by the same type of surprised gut feeling you'd have when looking up and expecting a ceiling but seeing the infinitely spacious night sky above your head.

Pretty weird, dudes.

Cuffy, Inger, Marko Pollo and 6 others like this.
  20. I think it means your brain is growing into its own life force. You will soon be independent of your body, shedding the need for attachment to time and space and only being the essence of solutions.

:eek::eek::eek:

drezy likes this.