1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

I don't go on that much with how bad the situation has become over the last 2 years. It's even worse than I described.

Most of the time I keep my focus on my little household. I can help there.

It took me half of my life to realize that I just don't experience judgement, shame, or guilt anywhere near as much as most people. I don't think that is going to be a significant factor in my choices.

Of course that raises the "narcissist" thread concept. That thread did not resonate much with me though. Or, maybe it wouldn't if someone were narcissistic<scratches head>.

I think I'm pretty simple. If it doesn't serve a purpose and make me better able to be a father and husband I weed it out of my garden. At 12 I realized that giving a shit about what all but a select few think is an enormous waste of energy.

If I were to get labeled as a "bad son" I don't think I'd bother explaining any of the situation. I've found that people quick to label desperately and deeply *need* to perceive others as bad. I wouldn't take that away from someone's psyche who probably needs it.

Besides, I could probably rock a villain mustache.

2. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Like the gambler said, in life you have to know when to hold them, and know when to fold them. Life doesn't wait for us to make up our fickle minds.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

4. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I'd never heard of him. Looks great, thanks!

After a super-stressful work day (deadline), I just poured a wee glass of malbec, and will listen to a few episodes. (It's probably too late in the day for 95% dark chocolate if I hope to sleep tonight.)

Christine_L, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  5. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

By the way, as a technical writer, who usually has to repurpose the most obscure engineeringese into something crisp and consise (cuz no one wants to read the steenkin' documentation, including me!), I am a huge fan of simple, plain concepts.

Christine_L, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

I cannonballed a huge bunch of water from Doc Kruse's Farm pool onto him.

Now he's producing great videos.

Phosphene likes this.
  7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

If the ONLY thing people ever got out of drezy was to view and share Doc Stillman's videos then I've done my job here.

Phosphene likes this.
  9. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Completely correlated events!

You've been to The Farm? </jealous>

drezy and Phosphene like this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

LOL!

Doc Stillman is great at lacing in the work of Van Wijk.

LieselK and Cuffy like this.
  11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Technical writers rule!

Something.

Jenelle, drezy and Cuffy like this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

I don't think that it was a drezy cannonball splash that helped Doc Stillman get his running start.

Still, if I'm going to be objective, it might have been!

Cuffy likes this.
  13. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Ooh! I spent a small fortune on his book but haven't read it yet.

14. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

Our cats.

No wait. People have pets, but cats have support staff.

Live to serve.

15. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

For science, you should find out if the experiment is repeatable.

drezy likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

It's such a pleasure to read.

It's one of those books where you're not even reading it as much as you're immersing yourself in it.

Cuffy likes this.
  17. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

That's good to hear. Of all the books I purchased recently, I had the feeling that would be the hairiest read. I'll take it out in the sun tomorrow.

18. drezy

drezy Gold

OH! There were some members that were pissed off at me when I created my drezy cannonball spash. It was informative.

LieselK and Cuffy like this.
  19. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Well, I'd like to watch them, but can't get either link to work right now. Someone remind me! :rofl:

drezy likes this.
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

Jenelle likes this.