1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

I saw your earlier post. Congratulations Billy.

There's a lot of open context in that question.

I'll say this. One of my side projects involves a stronger red laser.so:
    1. I almost miss having a cat nearby
    2. I'm not very worried about the laser in and of itself

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    Christine_L and Ed Pomicter like this.
  2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

LOLHAHAAAA. . You are like my fiance, and thank you, with a thing for cats (he isn't fond of them). Okay thank you again. Very helpful.

God loves you likes this.
  3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

drezy likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I take max sun (at zip 07054), add 16 min/day Sperti, and some drops of vitD.
    Also eat cod liver (in its own oil), from time to time.

5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Did you have a birthday recently? Happy Birthday no matter when it is! :D

6. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I recently got out of 50 minutes of CT @50F and now blissing out in the sun. Feeling feisty!

Christine_L, caroline and drezy like this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

It's coming up, but I'm harnessing the power of light and water in order to create time so it's 2 days long this year.

Phosphene and Alex97232 like this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

[​IMG]

Alex97232 likes this.
  9. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I have found myself saying "jeepers" a lot lately.

Thanks @Phosphene and @drezy !

:love:

Phosphene likes this.
  10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

That’s some serious ceremony going on... What’s the story?

drezy likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

That there is a Native American Sun Dance.

I'd just spent a ridonculous amount of time out in the sun Saturday.

China (population super-density) screwed my solar callous over pretty bad and It's taken me a couple weeks to rebuild it my own special way. It took me two years to develop some solid solar callous super powers and 5G mega-population wiped half of it out in weeks. I don't know how people there would develop one in the first place.

So Saturday was the first day I drove it like I stole it again and I remembered the Sun Dance. I prefer my version that includes no chest piercing hooks, ice water, and frequent 49ºF tub dips. It was a good day.

Phosphene, Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

Maybe the tears are in your eyes in order to help you see better.

13. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Que pasa?

14. drezy

drezy Gold

Tears, they keep the eye lubricated and cool your retina. When you're sad you produce more.

My wife's mother passed away one year ago yesterday. It was a day of reflection and lots of cooking. My wife put her mom's picture on a table and we served up 8 dishes.

I thought about love, loss, precious time, change, and tears yesterday.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I feel sorry for your DW and you.
    I was devastated when I lost my Mom.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

My MIL was a force to be reckoned with, an amazing overachiever, and fiercely loyal to her family and friends.

She decided it was OK that I slipped past the family door and into her family. Once when she was injured I carried her and I had a staunch fan from then on out. I couldn't walk by a Skype session between my wife and her mom in China without seeing a smile on the other side and two thumbs up. I think that's what Chinese think Americans do, give double thumbs up to each other a lot.

Even if the two women were arguing (since they regularly did) my sweeping by the camera would completely changed the conversation and prompt thumbs up. My wife still does that spousal eye roll (everyone married for more than a year knows) when she mentions it.

One year out and we don't feel like it's really been a year.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

We never, ever forget someone who was incredibly special in our life.......They have left an permanent stamp on our life forever.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  18. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I know a good long cry always makes me feel better. Are tears and mucous another escape route for deuterium??

What a fabulous way to remember and celebrate her—with food! Care to share the contents of the feast? I promise to only ask for a few of the recipes. I just got two large hunks of local pork belly... :)

KrusinWitchie and drezy like this.
  19. drezy

drezy Gold

We completely winged it and it's very appropriate given who we were commemorating. I never saw my MIL use a written recipe.

Three favorites that stood out were:
    Whole Red Snapper w/ginger & garlic packed into diagonal slices prior to cooking and green onion bombed at the end
    Shredded (ala shoestring style) pork shoulder with green beans and garlic black bean paste
    Thin sliced lap chong with celery (that one smelled great)

The next day I felt like we should have done a little more so I made some dumplings from the dough up. I dug out the old unused pasta roller. It was fun. The filling was ground pork, garlic, and szechuan pepper. I couldn't cook them fast enough.

Phosphene, caroline and KrusinWitchie like this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

what wonderful memories you all have and what a great idea to express it in your family meal.