1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

2. drezy

drezy Gold

That was just a stock photo from some Southern builder near me.

I think location is a huge factor in this. Fortification is nice though it can get complicated and sadly could be rendered less effective over time.

I'm still doing my homework. @JoeBranca has a cool looking fortress btw.

3. KrusinWitchie and drezy like this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

I've had two observations today:

I grew up in a higher latitude and one of the predominant birds there was the American Robin (image courtesy of wikipedia)[​IMG]
    I suppose they are migrating back north after their own Optimal Vacation over the winter. It's fun to listen to them. It's a little like hearing an old friend. I'm making sure my birdbaths are kept up to par for them. They seem to love my bird baths.

For a small investment in some sausage leftovers a neighbor's dog can become a pretty effective and cheap part of your surveillance system.

dog.jpg
    Of course I also get surveilled but no "alarm" goes off, just a lot of expectant staring and some pacing.

5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Very interesting answer. Thank you once again for your valuable mind:D

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

LOL my mind is probably worth one penny and one kick in the ass.

7. Nice! Cant wait to see

Phosphene likes this.
  8. HA! I thought that was a wolf!

9. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Stop.. you are soooo helpful. Good thing I don't live next door to you. .lol. I would be chatting with you all the time about how to build things to cooking.. Thank yooooooou again.

Phosphene and Christine_L like this.
  10. MelissaM

MelissaM Gold

You guys are stirring up some ideas/possibilities in my mind about the unfinished basement in my house. It's mostly below ground, concrete floor, 1400sqft of space, maybe I could make one of the rooms into a fortress or sorts if I put metal sheeting up on the walls and ceiling? This is far from my area of expertise though....what do you think? Good idea? Things to consider? I have a friend coming to measure EMF at my house soon...I guess I'll have a better idea of things then.

11. drezy

drezy Gold

Starting with measurements is a good idea.

Every situation is unique.

12. Drezy any update of this bad boy going? I bought a salt lamp for the office to help with adding back a better light spectrum to my flourescent prison at work.

Bought this one at Christmas Tree Shoppe for $10. Not thrilled with the dimmer so I keep it all the way up.

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/1100155-himalayan-glow-salt-lamp-dimmer-switch.html

13. drezy

drezy Gold

@JanSz Look this is like you and me when potential new mitochondriacs show up!

Vigorously showing welcome!

Phosphene and _J_ like this.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

It's probably wise to keep it undimmed. I can't tell what type of dimmer that is. The light looks incandescent from the product image. That's cool.

A competition on the other side of the state and a few property closings pulled me away for a little while. I have a processor chosen and most of the software for frequency and PWM counting.

What's left:
    Tinker a little more with the sensor to make it as sensitive as possible without it going off a cliff schizophrenic sensitive
    Choose and program for a "screen" (blue backlit screens are a no-no here obviously)
    Choose a power source (battery or rechargeable lipo)
    Find or design a case around all the above parts
    Maybe make it talk to software over usb
    Maybe make it field firmware updatable

When/if I give birth to all that would you be interested in driving around an ugly beta version and telling me how it sucks when it sucks? If so do you have access to a PC or Mac with a usb port? (many people are all mobile device these days)

Phosphene likes this.
  15. drezy

drezy Gold

Gratefulness reminder:
    No matter what happens in life the nation of Djibouti is always there with it's name to make you chuckle a little when you say it.

Christine_L and WalterNL like this.
  16. Yes I've got the dimmer set all the way to full brightness. Incandescent orange light glowing right in front of me, not awesome, but not bad. Now if I can concert the guy next to me to get rid of his BT headset....

Him: "Wow I can walk away right to the kitchen and leave my phone here, I can still talk on the phone!"
    Me: "Oh crap, I'm sitting 5 feet from it."

Heck yeah! I am down to try it! Nerd alert.

17. drezy

drezy Gold

Whatever you do do not watch this video concerning how easy it can be to unauthenticate a bluetooth headphone!

18. :oops:

Evil Christine is watching...

:coffee::whistle:

drezy likes this.
  19. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Knock knock (at front door in tan through swimsuit/dress):D . Good Morning Drezy. Instead of borrowing a cup of sugar I need to borrow a piece of your wisdom:D So my question. In Dr Kruse's book he does mention supplements but says use food first. I know he says no to supplements know. There are certain minerals and vitamins that are depleted fast that are difficult to get from food. The one that I am wondering about is Coq10. I know there are a few others. If I understand it correctly that blue light and nnEMF would be depleting this supplement at a very high rate. It takes alot of food to maintain mainly in the winter with low sunlight. What ways to help this I guess food wise. My first thought would be a bone broth (it would help the gut) What broth is better bone from grass feed meats or seafood broth.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

LOL

I'd wager that Doc's approach varies based on individual context.

Or worse yet, depending on haplotype, there may be people that cannot eat their way into a solution.

I think that's when you see people hit the deck and hide when they know a "You can't get well in an environment you got sick it" is sent their way.

CoQ10 @Billybats? I've gotta tell you you've got heart.

No really heart. Eat it!

Beef heart has the beefiest of beef taste I've ever had. There are several Mexican recipes that compliment the meat well.

Heart stew and heart burger look pretty yummy here:
    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes...w-seared-or-grilled-burgers-french-fries.html

Liver also is high in CoQ10 if I remember correctly.

It's a little sad. Old school butchers used to use the heart and liver in sausages regularly.

FWIW I keep bags of bones and shrimp shells in my freezer and toss it all into a bone broth occasionally. Actually lamb shoulder is the cheapest lamb cut, cooks up wonderfully each time, and you just tasty leftovers bones to throw in the freezer.

Phosphene and caroline like this.