1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

Ahh! I love when Doc shines the flashlight that way!

2. So no doppler effect ? At cosmic and small scale:confused:

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you do not know where I am going all one has to do is relisten to April 2016.

Sean Waters and drezy like this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm loving this info and the whole ride. I'm also happy to see the April '16 info reverberating again.

I'm glad I got a golden ticket to the chocolate factory.

My main update to my journal and testament to following Docs bouncing ball is that I rewrote the script for my own life.

A year and a half ago I resonated with an older gentleman who has lots of knowledge but lacked available capital. Thanks to my enhanced perception (3-legged stool shout out) I recognized the situation for what it was and had the balls to take a calculated risk.

I worked on developing a commercial property and spent so much time outside doing manual labor, being my own boss, laying stakes for road crews to follow, measuring septic system designs, and following u with minor repairs.

I just got commitments on all of the properties and have backup offers.

It's been a bigger success than I anticipated and now I am aiming at phase 2 (rinse and repeat) .

The profitability is significantly more than I'm used to in the high-tech world and it's also tax defferable (aka no taxes for rinse-and-repeat maneuver).

So
    • Wife sleep way better
    • Profits are significantly up
    • No time spent in shitty office cubes
    • Much more time outside
    • Less but better human relationships
    • Lower blood pressure
    • Keener perception
    • Crazy vivid and memorable dreams
    • A feeling of belonging (here)
    • Firmer erections (I wouldn't be me if I didn't mention that)
    Thanks Easter Bunny (Doc)!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

very, very nice Dan! especially last one..... [I wouldn't be me if I didn't mention that!]

6. Inger

Inger Silver

Wow! :) :) :)

Sean Waters likes this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

drezy just got tired of having to keep his Red+IR lights outside of his cold tub. It's time it all goes into the drink.

Time to learn about clear resins:

g.JPG
    model 0.0

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

No promises but the prices of flicker meters seem kinda high.

I have the sensor and analog front end circuitry worked out well enough for consumer/prosumer grade purposes. Both this and a more affordable spectrometer have enough similarities that they are worth aiming for both.

I have to pick a processor and display. After that I have to test how easy these would be to manufacture myself. I don't like the idea of farming out assembly. I'm too old fashioned for that.

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll try to keep updates going on this.

Flickering light and photodetector on a prototyping board
    sens.jpg

I've got the detection range up past 1000Hz. Here is a 495 Hz signal being digitized along with PWM measurement(53.5%).
    scope.jpg

10. drezy

drezy Gold

On the spectrometer front I procrastinated long enough that the technology got better! I'd pretend that I knew it all along, but couldn't take myself seriously.

The sensor front end of the spectrometer should look like this:

spec_frontend.png

So, it's virtually assembled already. Sadly reality is less forgiving than the virtual world. I have the sensors. I'll see how easy it is to assemble once the boards show up. The footprint of those "bigger" sensors is tiny so working with it requires magnifying goggles:
    IMG_5148 copy.jpg

The spectrum will be all of these plus UVA @ 365nm and a smidge(stretching it a bit) of UVB near 330nm (+/- 10 nm).

specs.png

@Lahelada and @WalterNL may be wondering when the hell happened to these plans.

On a side note I found that if you work outside and flip up your 4.0x working lenses they will perfectly cook your forehead if you sit in alignment with the sun.

11. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

I am curious what your opinion of resin jewelry may be after you dive in :glasses: (I am in the market for wedding bands!)

12. drezy

drezy Gold

Being young and ring shopping. That's a fun time! Congratulations.

I don't know enough about resin and RF other than that silver particles inside resin give it very nice trasmittivity (not what you're looking for).

Paragraph 4 here:
    https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/1216475

13. drezy

drezy Gold

Cool graphic:
    2560px-Hours_of_daylight_vs_latitude_vs_day_of_year_cmglee.svg.png

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

15. drezy

drezy Gold

We're getting our 5 & 6 UV days back.

I've been eating shrimp for a while and decided to whip up some puttanesca sauce to slap on the shrimp. Yum yum.

Let me know if anyone wants a recipe.

Sean Waters and recoen like this.
  16. recoen

recoen Gold

@drezy yes please! Shrimp is a staple for me- easy to eat with little man :)

17. drezy

drezy Gold

I referenced one here:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/after-9-months.20448/page-19#post-249838

But this is the actual one that I stick to:
    • 1/4 cup olive oil
    • 4 cloves garlic
    • 1.75 lb chopped tomatoes (I use a 28oz can of crushed)
    • .25-.50 tsp of hot red pepper flakes
    • 3 T capers
    • 1 cup kalamata olives
    • 3/4 cup chicken stock or water
    • 1.25 oz anchovies
    • 3 T chopped fresh basil
    1. Cook the garlic in the olive oil without browning
    2. add all the ingredients except the anchovies and basil
    3. cover and simmer for 25min
    4. uncover and continue simmer for 20 more min
    5. take off heat and stir in anchovies and basil

The olives get incredibly sweet when cooking them this way. It's a zesty sauce. It storms in and takes over any dish. I whip this up maybe twice a year and watch it disappear quickly.

Sean Waters likes this.
  18. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I loooove that webinar. I sent that to Father Jack at my church. He will bring up mitochondria in his mass so I thought he would enjoy it. Not sure if he watched it yet.

Sean Waters, recoen and drezy like this.
  19. What?! He brings up mitochondria at mass? AMAZING.

Sean Waters likes this.
  20. Nicely done! Thats proof.