1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

stevia = sweet (unknown deuterium content)

all cacti juice are low in deuterium
    all green is a (carb) low in deuterium

agave juice = sweet and low in deuterium
    [​IMG]

Question:
    do I have to go to my indian store and buy those leaves
    or
    make it easy on me
    and get one of these (which one)
    https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_5?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=agave+nectar&sprefix=agave,aps,133&crid=3957UXBLAF5XU

https://smile.amazon.com/Madhava-Naturally-Organic-Low-Glycemic-Sweetener/dp/B00D85SYOI/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1544969974&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=agave+nectar&th=1

upload_2018-12-16_9-22-29.png

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Cheryl., Phosphene and drezy like this.
  2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

3. drezy

drezy Gold

Awww shucks. I don't know what to say....

Wait, no.... There it is. I always have something to say. As far as what make you you, did you ever hear how people sometimes say "He was product of his environment."? Learning what we learn here really opens the definition of that much more widely doesn't it?

The corporate world was a fascinating zoo of human behaviors @Inger. I watched people who should be working together to accomplish a project instead subtly obstruct each other. Why? Because each department is generally granted only so much money (per year or quarter)to give out in pay raises during performance reviews. The percentage increase was almost always very small like 1%-2% for the top performers and 0%-0.5% for average performers but just enough, I guess, to elicit funny monkey behaviors. I won't even bother covering the introduction of Kafkaesque peer reviews.

Even that was not the weirdest part. 5 out of 7 of my peers that I started with have been divorced since then. It's shocking seeing what people will do for small gain, like those little raises, while setting up for huge losses like half their net worth not to even mention the relationship and stability for offspring. These we're highly intelligent people.

The peculiar thing about that that really gets to me is that one of my understandings about primates in general goes out the door here. Primates are supposed to guard against losses, even to a fault. I witnessed something odd happen to my peers.

This is interesting and related (the fun part starts around 4 min):
    https://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=295349615

In two of the big corps I worked for the group got a mid-grade psych evaluation. Team members gawked at my evaluation. Both evaluations, using similar systems, reported I was "Highly non-compliant". My coworkers considered this a bad thing. I laughed, highlighted that section, and taped the report outside my cube walls, I suppose proving the analysis correct.

That's a long winded way to say that yes I shuck oysters, make all homemade breakfast lunches and dinners, cook favorite dishes, cool or warm cold tubs to requested temperatures, do hair (yep), and several other things like clockwork.

I think you have to be very careful and adult in what you consider important. I was acting on that before I realized it. Any job, with some bonuses, has limited upside. Any close relationship can have large if not infinite downsides if it's not cultivated correctly. If you obsess on limited upside while ignoring large potential downsides, even though it may make you seem "non-compliant", you are a disaster in waiting.

So much of my quirks and observations mesh with the ideas and people here. I'm really glad I found my way here.

4. drezy

drezy Gold

johnsonmd and Phosphene like this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

drezy likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I will see if I can find Paul Prydhomme's sweet potato pie recipe - and maybe we can redo it a little to cause less damage.

That is such a great rule Dan .......about desserts. we were dying for mince pie the other day - Tony' fave. Actually, who am I kidding - anything sweet is his favourite! anyway - we bought some mince tarts -pretty much total crap - we had one and the rest in the bin.

We should consider tho ...the shit on a shingle premise. Tony eats very moderately and only until comfortable and generally doesn't do any damage.- but a couple of beers will push his weight up.

drezy likes this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

Shit on a shingle is a double edged sword if one wants to waltz with life outside the equator.

Its very very difficult to trim things out from one's life. My advice would be to NOT deny one's self the treat, BUT to find a bakery that does t better and is inconveniently faraway.

That way you are not denying yourself the treat, you are just not able to travel far at the time.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

y
    you are making me feel guilty - a little. I was trying to think yesterday of a dessert I would really want and really enjoy. I couldn't come up with anything, although I do love cheesecake if I make it.

Dan - wha is your favourite treat?

I am thinking mine is Roast lamb on the BBQ

9. drezy

drezy Gold

Yours is a very good choice.

My favorite is Char shui (pronounced Cha shu):
    [​IMG]

Salty, sweet, and porky. It's got it all going on.

Cheryl. likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

looks so delicious! looks like we aren't being held hostage by sweets anymore........

Have you posted that recipe?

11. drezy

drezy Gold

Well I may be cheating a little with that one. It's sugar glazed.

I've never managed to nail that recipe. If I do I'll let you know.

12. drezy

drezy Gold

It's my own little red light district!

13. drezy

drezy Gold

I heard the most statistically improbable phrase I’ll hear for all of 2018 today:

“Come check out my collection of one-eyed horses.”

Man, if that’s the first sentence of short story I’m sold.

Sure enough, as I helped my business partner on his farm and talked business, two one-eyed horses walked up on each side of me.

Life is strange for sure.

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  14. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

Sadly, highly intelligent people can still be integrity-deficient...

Cheryl. and drezy like this.
  15. drezy

drezy Gold

Every time I pull a cactus needle out of my foot I remind myself that I had "enhanced" grounding when it happened.

16. johnsonmd

johnsonmd Gold

Drezy, I enjoy your humor! I tell my husband, humor is a sign of high intelligence. He is also known for his humor!

Cheryl. likes this.
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

I think humor gives you more optionality on your perception of reality.

Options are good.

Cheryl., Jenelle, caroline and 2 others like this.
  18. drezy

drezy Gold

Just got back from a visit to The Farm.

It's been a pretty mild winter and my peach tree is getting all sex obsessed.

I tried talking to it about maybe slowing down, but it hasn't made any change.

far.jpg

near.jpg

19. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

That’s what was called a Silver Sliver in our house. Out of the whole family, the only Silver that wasn’t obese was my grandmother who would fast if she was traveling and would go outside to get her vitaminD. Smart lady!

drezy likes this.
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

Even minor details can indicate progress.

My energy bill was $20 this month.

Check out the last two winter trends. My family is cold adapting and it shows.

Untitled 2.png

Christine_L, recoen, caroline and 3 others like this.