1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

The soup base looks like liquid gold...because it is, of course. :)

It’s warm (40F) and still enough today to sit in the sun—amazing difference.

drezy likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

My wife insists on shucked oysters pretty much every dinner and weekend lunches.

I've at least crossed the 3000 mark on number of shucked oysters I've served my wife since signing up here:

dish.jpg

3. Lovely Dan

4. drezy

drezy Gold

Thank you.

Shucking 3000 over time was easy.

Gently letting her know that talking to me or dropping to-do items on me while shucking greatly increased my chance of accidents took real patience.

KrusinWitchie and caroline like this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

drezy labs is gelling:

lab.JPG

In the upper left is the world's best tough decision making device.

My little UV lights are being tinkered with by my son right now and they'll be added to the nice IR bulb in the upper right.

There's some equipment I snagged at a nice deal on the table.

That little black box with the attached metal probe goes out this Monday to a certain Polish grandpa I know. If he's been a good grandpa he gets to use it for his specified application. If he hasn't been good Santa told me to tell him he can go use it as a rectal thermometer.

Foxglove, KrusinWitchie and Phosphene like this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Polish Grandpa's get presents???????????

7. drezy

drezy Gold

Once upon a time they were boys once too.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

you are partial to boys?????????

drezy likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

LOL. You're in rare form and obviously feeling chipper this Australian AM. Thanks Tony!

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Tony says "your welcome!!!"

I am thinking I need some pumpkin pie ......any ideas?

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

did you watch the EMF health summit? I forgot.........

12. drezy

drezy Gold

Like other than having a slice of pumpkin pie?

13. drezy

drezy Gold

I did not

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

a keto friendly one .... I guess we could make a nut crust. Sweet potato would be good. There is a great recipe for sweet potato pie from Paul Prudhomme ....is he still alive?

KrusinWitchie and Phosphene like this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

so we missed Jack's talk........

16. drezy

drezy Gold

We did

17. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Oh good, I'm not the only one with a bright red room. :D

Foxglove, drezy and Phosphene like this.
  18. Inger

Inger Silver

those oysters look awesome! :) Wow.. where are there more men like you, Drezy??? Who shuck and serve their wifes oysters?? She is soooo lucky!! :) :)

Phosphene likes this.
  19. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I’ve been meaning to request the recipe for the cheesecake you mentioned in another post... Pretty please, with stevia on top?

20. drezy

drezy Gold

So I missed the reference @Sun Disciple brings up here but supposedly pumpkin itself is lower deuterium:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-deuterium-carbohydrates.22364/#post-254070

It's fun to cook. With baked goods my running policy is that if anyone in the house wants something we buy a slice from the best bakery we can find that sells it by the slice. Having a whole (or at least minus one slice) pie sitting around is begging for bad decisions to be made.

Do you notice there's a funny monkey calculus that goes on with pie or certain baked goods? There seems to be some kind of inner reasoning that once there's less pie then there's less calories sitting there so it's fine to eat it more frequently. Someone who shall remained unnamed to protect her innocence also compounds this with what I call the vanity slice. The vanity slice is the ridiculously small slice someone takes and convinces themselves, but not anyone else, that they won't be coming back for 4 more vanity slices that end up totaling more than what a regular slice would have been in the first place.

Whatever you choose to do, if you're not going crustless make sure to salt up the crust. Sweet pie filling with a salty crust sure makes a pie shine.

recoen and Phosphene like this.