1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Decent test, I assume you do that with proper fats.

I haven't advanced to that level yet. I still like to spike the redox system with the worst foods around, and see how much sun/grounding and CT I need to counterbalance it (answer is: not all that much).

Billybats and drezy like this.
  2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I am sort of in your category walter..lol. but now I am going to re due my leptin reset.

WalterNL likes this.
  3. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Okay been doing alot of reading and as of now I think some of the reason is ALA and especially oleic acid.

4. drezy

drezy New Member

I've done junk food spikes in the past knowing which evil lectins historically hit me the hardest and have been impressed.

Yes in my experience even proper seasonal fats can be pushed to cause what is conventionally called "fat malabsorption" in a distressed system.

I just copied Doc's cheat sheet here where a related conversation is occurring :
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/mixing-fats.22028/#post-250457

With winter approaching I'll do one of my favorite "tests" 8 oz of butter coated with salt and chipotle powder. 5 years ago that would been a messy proposition.

WalterNL likes this.
  5. Inna

Inna Platinum

Drezy, congratulations, you stumbled into potentially very effective toxicology treatment, the Barbie song could be used to elicit irresistible urge to puke..

And if antiemetic is needed, might try the following:

JanSz and drezy like this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Such a dark song.
    I started listening to his next, even darker, can't stand it.
    His voice is beautiful and impressive but too much for me.
    After him, vomit taste better.
    Sorry, may be I am just not in the right mood.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Christine_L and Sheddie like this.
  7. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

I too have to be in the mood for L Cohen, a native of my home town. But, he'd be prophetic for noticing the Light that comes through the cracks in the Dark...
    https://qz.com/835076/leonard-cohen...ck-in-everything-thats-how-the-light-gets-in/

JanSz likes this.
  8. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi Drezy,

Still thinking about seafood and mufa. So you are saying come winter you will be having seafood with duck fat?

I am confused. .lolhahaaaaa :) oh surprising. . I know it's about light and the environment and location but if we need high seafood to help and protect then this is where I want to get the food part correct. What I am confused about is that I read in a thread doc says olive oil isn't a staple for him, which makes sense of course. So what other mufa to add to seafood other than avocado and olive oil. I wonder what else helps absorption. I wonder if there is a connection between shrimp with coctail sauce. Horseradish? Tomato? I don't think there is oil in it. Maybe not a good choice?

I was reading about oleic acid and myelin sheath repair that oleic acid repairs it and of course with the light.

I know doc said polyphenols in olive oil is what is important. May main point in these questions is I don't want to out balance my omegas.

9. drezy

drezy New Member

I'm going to have to acquire the taste some, but yep. I'll also use some pork lard too.

Not having acquired a taste for duck has already cost me. My wife grew up a Beijinger and her parents are very proud of their signature dish Peking Duck. First feast they had served up when we met them in Beijing? Peking Duck and lots of it. They looked over at Mr. Whitey with double the mass of any one of them and decided I'd surely need double the duck. I was very unprepared for that experience but played along like a well behaved son-in-law.

I'm not throwing duck fat under the bus with a mufa to pufa ratio of 3.9ish.
    https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fats-and-oils/617/2

lard looks good from that singular metric too.

I've been using less sauce on my seafood. Yeah, I think the tomatoes come with seasonality. If you follow that link to the other thread that, in turn, has a link to brain gut 6 you can see tomatoes in the "Foods that I would totally eliminate from the Epi-Paleo Rx" section.

A fat and maybe chipotle or old bay is what I've been using and I got used to it.

10. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I owned ducks not sure if I had eaten them but had duck eggs which are tricky to make. Don't over cook plus not everyone will like the taste.

So basically just eat seafood whatever way suits yourself. So I will stick with my gut feeling of what I have a taste for. My bottom line for me personally is I just need more seafood so whatever way it takes to eat it.

Thank you once again.

11. drezy

drezy New Member

I'm importing this over here so @l.i.am gets his thread back :

@JanSz I thought about this a little this morning . What's the word for seasons and melatonin? I suspect that it responds to seasons. Do you know?

12. drezy

drezy New Member

An interesting $0 melatonin boost (at least for mice):
    fasting.png

Jan you might dig this paper staright from Poland it practically has your name written all over it:
    http://www.jpp.krakow.pl/journal/archive/02_11/articles/02_article.html

The bad news for most of us... It looks like being 20 is great for melatonin...

Here we go look at this:
    melatonin.png

Human summer melatonin is lower according to this.

WalterNL likes this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The title is what I would look for.
    Have they came with useful suggestions?

Title:
    MELATONIN AND AGING: PROSPECTS FOR HUMAN TREATMENT

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

20 is good not only for melatonin.
    ------------------------
    Autor of the article is using melatonin.
    There is variety of ways of taking melatonin that I have newer considered before.
    The one I like the best would be similar to a trial where rats were given it in drinking water, so their level was higher throughout the 24hrs.
    Not sure how to replicate it and how much melatonin I would have to take over that 24 hrs.
    -------------------
    The other, more natural would be to extend the period of darkness.

I could do that, somewhat, by extending my two hours of red light before bed time to 3 hours.
    Not sure how pure that situation would be, there are always some other lights if only from time to time.
    =======================================

Human life span, with or without modern medicine is around 85-95 years. All living creatures have their inner clock that measures their daily (circadian) and their seasonal (circannual) time. These time changes are mediated by the alteration of levels of melatonin,

Light is blocking the production of melatonin in the pineal gland, darkness is stimulating it.

Finally, the reduction of melatonin observed with aging, may indicate the presence of an "age clock".

Several experiments indicate that fasting in animals substantially increased their production of GIT melatonin.

There is a large group of people taking melatonin daily who believe that melatonin is the "fountain of youth". Those are the subjects which will one day provide an experimental evidence of the efficacy of melatonin.

Chronic nighttime administration of melatonin not only increased the life span of mice but also improved their imunocompetence, increased the weight of their thymus, adrenals and testis and elevated blood concentrations of testosterone and thyroid hormones (25, 26).

The addition of melatonin to the drinking water
    of middle-aged rats, which produced nocturnal and diurnal concentration of melatonin equivalent to those observed in young rats, reduced intra-abdominal fat and non-fasted plasma insulin and leptin. In addition it significantly stimulated investigative behavior response, which was restored to the youthful levels. So, these rats not only lived longer but also had more fun, without ever going hungry. Interestingly, no changes in hormonal levels or behavior were observed when melatonin was given to young rats (31).

So it can be concluded that if you want to live a very long and healthy life you can either be permanently hungry or instead, you can take some melatonin. That at least a part of the effect of food restriction on the life-span extension is probably mediated via melatonin produced in the GIT and not via the pineal gland was demonstrated by Roky and coworkers (32).

I would like to have a longer and healthy life, but I hate to be hungry (it gives me pain in the stomach). So after what I learned working for almost 35 years in this field, to be on the safe side, I take melatonin occasionally. If nothing else, it gives me nice dreams.

15. drezy

drezy New Member

Yeah, I wasn't looking for my own confirmation bias, just info. Maybe we'll see the Jansz sports drink for seniors soon? You can have an AM and a PM water. The more complicated the more white people love it.

You could get some 70 yo women with tighter bodies than the average 20yo to advertise for you. I'll help create your webpage.

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy New Member

Check this out
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/more-data-on-the-leptin-rx-winning.22060/

It points to this 10 hour time window eating article:
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180831130131.htm

Every time I manage to stick to a 9 hour eating window for 3+ days I start to naturally tend toward what we've been taught here. My usual non-existent breakfast becomes big and my dinner becomes way smaller. Aside from some rescheduling it's easy and I feel like I can burn/run on anything.

17. Billybats

Billybats New Member

They say when you sleep your rested, then why when I dream I feel like I worked harder then while awake. Lol

18. Billybats

Billybats New Member

19. drezy

drezy New Member

20. Karlos Amigos

Karlos Amigos New Member

Sometimes dark music can be moving, but i agree, this also left me cold. And I've never heard anyone describe Leonard Cohen's singing voice as beautiful-he is an amazing songwriter, though.
    check out one of his best here , with his vocals in a supporting role
    youtube jennifer warnes joan of arc

JanSz likes this.