1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. @drezy

Loving that Turmeric Root mate..... I'm taking a LOT of turmeric at the moment and getting some serious benefits i'm gonna blog about at some point!

Don't think I can grow that in the UK though? Low solar yield right? :(

drezy likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy New Member

I think it could grow. People grow canabanoid plants in basements. The question might be whether it would be as as curcumin dense. Likely not.

[​IMG]

Phosphene likes this.
  3. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

Long ago I came across a 'Peanuts' comic strip that astutely answered the cosmic question, "What is the wonder of science?" The answer, then as now, was, "Where the next grant is coming from." Incremental advancements with predictable results are still the result of kow-towing to the granting system. Journal literature is littered with a lot of junk that doesn't even use the scientific method (acc. to Karl Popper). Or, worse, misuses it. Perhaps partial blame can be put on the shoulders of Mr. Spock in the original Star Trek series. He continually mixed up "theory" with "hypothesis." The majority of my colleagues must have been watching, since they are still clueless. On top of that, Ioannidis' work on health research throws poor research design and the inappropriate use of statistics (if that's not redundant) into the mix.

Attached Files:

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  4. drezy

drezy New Member

I happened to be reading an anthropology article from roughly the same period of time Doc Kruse was covering in the latest webinar. These link leads to a paper on Ishi (EEE-shee) the last Yanna American Indian. As the industrialized and electrically lit world Doc described in his webinar was rolling in this article was being written and the details being curated for future mankind:

https://cloudfront.escholarship.org/dist/prd/content/qt02r6j5s0/qt02r6j5s0.pdf

Some notes:

• "He would eat no fish the day before the hunt, and smoke no tobacco, for these odors are detected a great way off. He rose early, bathed in the creek, rubbed himself with the aromatic leaves of yerba buena, washed out his mouth, drank water, but ate no food. Dressed in a loin cloth, but without shirt, leggings or moccasins, he set out, bow and quiver at his side. He said that clothing made too much noise in the brush, and naturally one is more cautious in his movements when reminded by his sensitive hide that he is touching a sharp twig. "
    The paper didn't mention that the creek was CT temperatures.

• @JanSz check out the dude's body. Not skinny not muscular. Slight gynecomastia?

• "Not only could Ishi call the animals, but he understood their language. Often when we have been hunting he has stopped and said, "The squirrel is scolding a fox." At first I said to him, "I don't beheve you." Then he would say, "Wait! Look!" Hiding behind a tree or rock or bush, in a few minutes we would see a fox trot across the open forest.

After over a year with 3 - 5 days a week working outdoors I see clearly that all these little creatures are for sure communicating amongst themselves and even with their own predators! I've watched a tiny finch attack a hawk for minutes as the hawk tried it's best to evade. I even take orders from a hummingbird 3 times a day as if I were a drive-through fast food worker. The less blooms there are for the hummingbird the longer it complains at me. The more blooms the quieter it is up to even having nothing to say to me when blooms are a-plenty.

Sean Waters, Phosphene and Jenelle like this.
  5. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

That's why I'm a credibility skeptic on *most* published research churned out the last 40-50 years (and mainstream media reports when results favor the uber-agenda): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis
    It's not mentioned above but take a second to ponder the 'replication problem' in drug & chemical research -- especially concerns like environmental biodegradability and general 'safety' for flora, fauna, critters and people...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    Phosphene and drezy like this.
  6. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hey Drezy,

I have a question off topic if there is any special topic other than you (hence your journal). What fat if any do you use with your seafood dishes. I am guessing adding saturated fat once in a while isn' the end of the world. .huh. The reason I ask is Dr Kruse said to have mufa's with them but in the video where he makes a dish with oysters he adds I think duck fat but I know he definitely added cream. I also wonder lemon/lime (citrus) may be a big part of the absorption of the fat?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  7. drezy

drezy New Member

No problem at all. It's beneficial to reman in practice of processing randomness.

Doc and @JanSz are more lipodonauts than I am.

Honestly I'm mostly following my hunger these days. This amounts weekly to:
    2-3 shrimp boil dinners
    2 dozen oysters
    3 pork belly dishes (lots of fats there)
    optionally 1 fatty ribeye dish

In the heat of the summer I will whip up big shrimp salads with avocado mashed in. I may be behind the lipid curve here.

This winter I'll be looking into using duck fat. My wife will dig that for sure.

Lemons wil emulsify fats and cut your pancreas a break if it needs it.

I will eat a whole bunch of just fat every once in a while as a digestive/pancreatic test. It's highly technical so try to follow.... If I eat a bunch of fat and take a perfectly fine dump then those systems are relatively in order. If instead I crap like a goose then it's time to start paying more attention to those systems. I really try to keep my system able to process a straight blubber diet if needed in case we ever have a walruspocalypse. Cuz I zig when the zobiepocalypse people zag.

[​IMG]

Jenelle, Phosphene and KrusinWitchie like this.
  8. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Wow..lolhahaaaaa :). Thank yooooooou verrrryyy much.

9. drezy

drezy New Member

From: https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/inna’s-optimal-journal.21717/page-3#post-250649

This song goes out to you @Inna :

"I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world
    Life in plastic, it's fantastic
    You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
    Imagination, life is your creation"

10. drezy

drezy New Member

^^ Ugh that song is too nasty to leave alone. I need to flush it out with this:

I like this version better. The band is out of the way of the woman.

11. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Drezy. Another question. Oh my boyfriend's nickname is random. He always would quote random stuff from movies and shows.

Question. Why are eggs in the dairy section.

12. drezy

drezy New Member

My only guess is that they were the first grocery products that both required/benefitted from refrigeration both in transit and in store.

13. Billybats

Billybats New Member

That makes sense. So I guess meat products are frozen in transit which isn't good if when we buy those meats they aren't frozen and then sometimes we will freeze them again after purchase. .not a good thing?. Who knows how they transport fresh seafood and meats.

14. drezy

drezy New Member

I think it's worth the extra homework to know your supplier and supply chain even in bigger grocery stores.

Along with the knowledge acquired I get VIP treatment at my local seafood counter. Those folks never give me the fish or oysters in the case and always go into the cooler for the freshest shipment.

I know about their personal interests, parents conditions, kid's health, and a handful of long term dreams. I think you have to put some caring in in order to get anything out of a human interaction. I see many people in a rush or just being rude.

15. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Awesome. . Exactly. Thank you Drezy.

16. KrusinWitchie

KrusinWitchie New Member

Agreed. Last year a whole refrigerated trailer of turkeys went out of temp for over 12hrs at a national healthy grocery chain I worked at. When I found it and told the store manager, he covered for the meat/seafood team leader and they both agreed to cool them down and sell them. They were both smug asses but I knew that before this incident.

Also agree with your point about caring :)

17. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hey Drezy,

Lolhahaaaaa :) another question. Do you have data I can read about how eating mufa with seafood absorption works.

18. drezy

drezy New Member

I don't.

19. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Oh well. . Maybe someone else will. Yeah googled it and got nonsense stuff. Thank you again.

20. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I think I understand the seafood and mufa.