1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I stay with
    Breathy
    And
    Urine

2. drezy

drezy Gold

I've come to appreciate my UVindex 10-11 summer days that previously I used to dread. It gets hot and dry but now I can easily stand the heat.

I do think that my wildlife is trying to bend me to it's will though. Hmmm what message do you think is being sent here?
    IMG_4916 copy.jpg

With summer travel and some family drama I let myself get thrown off from parts of my routine and put on around 10 useless pounds.

I'm finding it easy to shave off about a pound a day with time restricted eating by sticking to a 9 hour eating window from the first thing I consume other than water (yep I'm counting tea as food and it starts my clock). Of course nothing goes in my craw before the sun has risen. I'm happily surprised at how I am not experiencing any cravings in the evening.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  3. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I have found that time restricted eating is key for me. I feel so much better and am less hungry if I have a full overnight fast (12-14 hours) and I try to then even restrict water after dinner as well to let my body really rest. Even pregnant, I've maintained a usual 12 hour fast and have had no nausea or cravings. While traveling recently I had a large fast casual meal at 9pm and while it didn't make me feel ill, I woke up the next morning starving! It was very eye-opening.

Sending encouragement to get back to your routine and put yourself first. Everyone benefits!

Sean Waters, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

Thanks for the encouragement!

Congratulations on the fresh baby gestating up. That is still a completely perplexing process to me. Sure, I've read much of the science, but how a little romance eventually leads to a whole new person with their own strong opinions popping out still leaves me scratching my head. That along with the fact that this person didn't exist one moment and then the next they are, one way or another, weaved into every primary goal my wife and I have. Wild ride this life business.

I thought about replying to your pork belly question, but a sentence with the word "pork belly" and the word "too much" was unrecognizable as English to me. Surely there must have been a typo.

So do you plan on getting a sonogram sneak peak at baby? If so do you want to know if it's a girl or boy? I haven't studied the sonogram approach around here yet.

Sean Waters and Phosphene like this.
  5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

Thanks! Kids are fascinating in and of themselves. The more I watch them, the more I see how they inherently know to do better and we just interfere and screw it up. I very much look forward to mornings with a new babe and letting this one be free to do what's optimal. My 3rd kiddo was CTing naked yesterday so I know there's hope!

I have like 6 lbs of pork belly in the fridge right now. :rofl:

I am conflicted about an ultrasound. It's not optimal. I may go for a quick and efficient anatomy scan because it provides information that will help make everyone at my home birth feel confident in birthing at home. I don't think I want to find out the sex. In the past when we have we always end up with too much CRAP because of lovely hand-me-downs (a definite pro and con). My goal is to keep things simple and just let this new life be a joyful part of our life instead of a huge disruption to our life. It won't need clothes anyway.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

midwives do not order ultrasounds. You choose who you go to. Do wild lions or hippos get them? Who asks for them?

7. drezy

drezy Gold

My son and I are all solar powered up this weekend.

We are having cod puttanesca. It's been a long time since I made a puttanesca sauce and it smells and tastes like I've still got it.

@brookway17 we've got a two point spectra now. We are optimizing the software and making some alpha hardware decisions this week.

Below is a sample run with cloud changes and all.

uvmeter.png

Phosphene and WalterNL like this.
  8. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Cod puttanesca is going on my list. Love the texture of fresh cod. Recipe pointers or just a classic sauce?

Hope your family dramas are panning out as well as they can. How are the mums?

Have fun hunting! Got squirrel in Texas? Still haven’t been introduced to that...delicacy?

9. drezy

drezy Gold

I go with something very similar with this but lay heavy on the basil.
    https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/puttanesca-sauce

One is dead now and the other is in bad shape.

I've eaten that which is a big reason why I prefer bigger game.

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Sorry about the moms—had a feeling there. My dad is on the decline again. Getting short of breath and mom cancelled their upcoming trip to Canadian Niagra Falls. Probably for the best with that location. I keep telling them they need to recharge their batteries with barefoot grounding in the sun, eat tons more seafood, toss the cabinets full of carby, sugary snacks and gallons of ice cream, wear the blue blockers, turn off the damn TVs. No chance in hell for anything but maybe the seafood...

Recipe sounds scrumptious. Should add it to the recipes section—mind if I do that with some of the links you’ve got scattered about? I’ll give you credit of course.

Guy at the seafood counter chatted me up and asked if I liked redneck surf-n-turf as I was buying my ahi tuna. I took the bait and he started in on his campfire feasts of venison and catfish. Surprised him by saying it sounded delightful, then scampered away before he got any other ideas. :D

Sandra likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Post away and zero credit please. I'm not into credit.

Do you know that dish was made by Italian street worker women? Look it up. They knew what they were doing. Flavor bomb.

While the DHA content of catfish is dubious at best, the venison might be promising. Don't go rushing your decision, you could make a great redneck queen and not even know it yet.

Phosphene likes this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

The further I go with all this the further I go back to choice words like "hippo".

Check this out:
    http://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/hippo

A hippo eats 1 - 1.5% of it's body mass. Ive tinkered with this over the last week and got close to that.

Phosphene and Brent Patrick like this.
  13. drezy

drezy Gold

Wish me luck. I'm finally engaging this project. Supposedly it's best in gardening zone 9, but it's workable in zone 8 where I'm at. I think my solar fence in area may use it closer to 8.5-ish so I'm giving this turmeric root a go.

That only took me about a year @Sean Waters :
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...eric-quantum-rx-for-health.20442/#post-228259

turmeric.jpeg

I made a deal with my son. $5 per yielding plant (10 plants max) in the spring because he's the caretaker.

If done right a pinky fingertip section produces this much in late spring:
    [​IMG]

14. drezy

drezy Gold

This showed up on a software newsletter I'm subscribed to. I like it:

research.png

15. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I loooove humming birds. You should plant the wildflowers like Phosphene posted. It will be so beautiful.

Phosphene likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

Phosphene ain't the boss of me!

I did put a hanging plant on the porch as soon as I brought down the peppers for grinding. It's supposedly "hummingbird friendly". The little ingrate flew up to it 2 days in a row and complained at me. The 3rd day it finally put beak to flower.

Phosphene likes this.
  17. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Lolhahaaaaa :) watch a see you will have a bunch of humming birds and flowers soon.

Apparently that was a rambunctious bird wanting more zip in its wings snacking on your peppers. Like they need to flap them any faster there wings may go flying off on there own...lol

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  18. drezy

drezy Gold

I incanted a magical mystical nature phrase the second time the hummingbird rejected the flower and chirped at me.

Apparently the mystical phrase to get through to a hummingbird is:
    "Take it or leave it a**hole. That thing cost me $6."

Phosphene likes this.
  19. Billybats

Billybats New Member

LOLHAHAAAA :) well maybe it was so focused on your peppers. Give it a few days maybe it will come to its flower senses.

Did it actually eat your peppers.

20. drezy

drezy Gold

No. It was very frustrated and looking for a bloom. It would look for 30 seconds and then back away stare at me and complain for 30 seconds each time. I don't speak hummingbird but I'm married and can now recognize a complaint coming from a mile away.

Billybats and Sean Waters like this.