1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Agreed, long travel is a downside. But if it would be once or twice a year, that's an acceptable downside in my opinion.

Phosphene likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy New Member

Currently with just two guys in the house I've gone more minimalistic on the cooking while also making it a goal to get more DHA into my son's diet this summer.

I've made shrimp boils 4 times in the last week. It's high DHA and spilling the food out onto a butcher paper wrapped tabletop feels like a guy thing to me.

Like the picture below (not mine) I include some corn and potatoes for my son since he's got one decade old heteroplasmy rates.

The clean-up is heavenly easy too:
    1. Gather table wrap and throw in garbage
    2. Wash one pot.

[​IMG]

Michalis, Phosphene and Jenelle like this.

3. whats the meaning of heal's cracking?

4. drezy

drezy New Member

Like old elephant feet starting

[​IMG]

Erin Gaiser likes this.
  5. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

6. wow, okay, i have that too, thanks for the reason why its happening. im going to look into that!

drezy likes this.
  7. drezy

drezy New Member

I use it as one of my "check engine" lights. Epi-Paleo and CT went a long way in addressing this.

*Edit - Meaning use it as a free redox test as you find your way to optimal.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  8. drezy

drezy New Member

My last trip to the coast revealed that my family travel pack was insufficient. The place we stayed at had a windowless (dark) bathroom next to the double twin bed bedroom. Anyone needing to wee wee in the night would blast everyone with light. I ended up finding red tissue paper and wrapped a mini led flashlight I found at a gas station and left it on all night in the bathroom.

I just upgraded my kit to add these red led flashlights and I'm pretty happy with them:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E5EOFSY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It comes in a 3 pack so 1 obviously gets taken by my son immediately, 1 goes in my travel bag, and the last one is in a fixed location in my house.

9. I love this idea. I have been thinking a lot about the lights in my bathroom this week. Both of our bathrooms are windowless, so anytime we shower/take a bath or use the toilet we have to use the lights. I bet my daughter would get a kick out of taking a bath in a red lit bathroom!

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  10. drezy

drezy New Member

My son loves all the changes we've made and appreciates the reasons we made them.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  11. At 3 its a little harder for her to appreciate, but the new and novel usually get her to enjoy it for a bit.

drezy likes this.
  12. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Inspired me to try the 5 pound block of frozen New England shrimp from my seafood dude (currently thawing). Annoyed that the packet of shrimp boil that he threw in contains dextrose and MSG o_O. At least that was free. And the shrimp seemed a good deal—$6.50/pound. Do you know if freezing affects the DHA?

What spices do you use? I’m thinking Old Bay, cayenne and lemon.

CB932C88-12AF-4A79-93E7-A524E4796880.jpeg

drezy likes this.
  13. drezy

drezy New Member

I actually never made the spice from scratch yet. I use this one:
    [​IMG]

Zatarain's Pro Boil

It's so disappointing how many foods have MSG or some other excitotoxin these day...

The day I discovered Johnsonville Breakfast sausages contained MSG was the day I ordered my meat grinder. They can go fuck themselves now.

I feel strongly about food btw.

Food, sex, and friendship are all non-scalable human experiences that should never be messed with, but idiot modern culture loves trying to tinker with it all. It's not scalable in the sense that a person on this planet could easily be 10000x more wealthy than me but will not have a shimp boil that tastes 10000x better. The same goes for sex and friendship in my opinion.

14. drezy

drezy New Member

15. shiran

shiran Curious

It wants to CT as well .. nice!

drezy likes this.
  16. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Hahaha true. They are everywhere here.

drezy likes this.
  17. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Smart gecko. The less I CT, the more I find out it's an absolute requirement at this latitude.

18. drezy

drezy New Member

The odd part is that it's cold blooded so it seems about as coupled as you can get.

19. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Hi Drezy, which hotel did you stay at? I am going there in September, any recommendations or advice for a travel newbie....

20. drezy

drezy New Member

PM'ed you

OptimalSkr likes this.