1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

After 9 months

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by drezy, Nov 15, 2017.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

After 9 months here I want to summarize my experiences.

I started down this path in late January 2017 by noticing 1/2 mile noon time walks were ripping fat off my frame at a ridiculous rate. Instead of taking it for granted I decided to look that gift horse in the mouth.

Searching for "weight loss sun health" leads right here. Doc and his style on podcasts was amusing and seemed to make some sense but it all just seemed too over the top at the time.

I read a bunch of the forum and blogs where things did get laid out pretty clearly. I noticed many members partially compliant to the recommendations and succeeding or not. Reduce EMF, eat epic-paleo, get sunlight, and get cold still just seemed way too good to be true so I decided I was going to go 100% in for 3 months, prove it wrong, and move on. I had good health so I just went all in.

Results:
    • My main health issue BP is now regularly down 20 points (both systolic and diastolic). MTHFR folks take note. I'm 1298 +/- and 677 +/-. I should be coming unhinged, right? This type of turnaround @ 40+yrs old is very significant to me. Statistically it's 5+ years more life right there.
    • Now 35 lbs less fat. At a taller height some of that weight could hide well but not all. There is also a noticable estrogen depletion/testosterone boost.
    • More muscular frame practically no workouts (1 set kettle bell swings, 1 set squats with baby weights on, and 35 pushups total in the 9 months.)
    • Deep heel cracks are gone
    • "clicky" knee joints are now silent. I'm back to 20 year old knees.

Routine:
    Morning sun always
    Cold tub 45-52F 3 times per week
    30-90 min Solar noon sun 2-3 times per week
    Grounding ever chance I get
    More oysters in 2 weeks than I used to eat in a year
    Radically reduced emf
    Only red lights after dark

I really thought that all of this was over-the-top hyperbole in March. I decided to become more compliant than most members seemed to be at the time. I bent pretty much no rules. I walk away from this experiment mentally stunned, but physically way further ahead. I just got about 2 decades of vitality back in such a short period of time. It all sank in when a manager I worked with 15 years ago said: "WTF! You haven't f*cking aged! It's just creepy!" He added "If you ever want back in promise call me first." Apparently in certain tech fields illnesses and surgeries are actually becoming common enough to have to become part of regular scheduling. Turns out trying to live a "regular" life and what @Barry is doing seem to be meeting in the middle. Modern life has become an endurance sport.

I'll follow up with the benefits my family has seen soon.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dan - I am always super impressed by you and your dedication to all of this and especially to your little family ....and all the help you give here on the forum and in private.

A big Thankyou from me.....and I know you like hugs x

PalmBeach1, Anne V, Alex97232 and 2 others like this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

Caroline, we both know that you are the only person I've ever sent a body shot to and I mildly suspect that you are trying to elicit another body shot from me. Please understand that I am a married man, Caroline.

4. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Cool results. Around what latitude are you living?

5. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

Wonderful progress!
    Reminds me much of my own, although it took way longer for me to get there... to get younger. While people around me seem to age faster...

6. Inger

Inger Silver

Drezy, you sure are an inspiration :) :) :)
    Thank you for sharing this with us!

Alex97232 and Sean Waters like this.
  7. Inger

Inger Silver

Andrea, I do think for women it takes longer anyways.....
    somehow we are way more sensible....:oops:

Alex97232 likes this.
  8. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

Maybe. But maybe also because I am MTHFR 677 +/+ and VDR Taq +/+, among other SNP's and I barely ever saw daylight. I was in a pretty bad shape. Also, when I got on board, I didn't change my environment enough. I sort of knew I had to, but I didn't really, really get it.

Still have much to learn and do, and Drezy is a great inspiration.

Either way, it is quite nice to feel 60 years younger than I did 4 years ago...

Alex97232, Lahelada and caroline like this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

30 N

You have to appreciate what you ladies get for your struggle though. Doc has pointed this out really well. Do what I can through time, I'll still only be losing myelin and drifting the direction of some nervous system disorder. If you manage nature well you ladies will strengthen your nervous system during your second half of life. That's an incredible asset not to be overlooked.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dan - you leave me speechless......

When I think of a great comeback - I will be back!

Anne V, Sandra and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

Don't take it too easy on me.

I hope to hear more details of your newly nomadic life soon.

caroline likes this.
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Wouldn't dream of taking it too easy on you!

nomadic life commences in the new year......lots of baggage to get rid of first.

drezy likes this.
  13. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Wonderful Drezy! :thumbsup:

drezy likes this.
  14. shiran

shiran Curious

Dan That's amazing !!! it's inspiring to see and I literally fell you through the words , your sense of humor makes me smile,
    2017 is definitely a year of lots of changes, as JK mentions.. I fell it too
    Lots of luck, keep on the with your quantum dance

drezy likes this.
  15. Butters

Butters New Member

Amazing and really inspiring. Love that with the knees and that is motivating me.

drezy likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

Continuing observations:

My hair is growing like crazy. Maybe this is why @JanSz has such thick hair.

Mentally I'm able to see solutions to issues (electrical, software, inter-personal) where I could not before. Old "someday" projects are coming off the shelf and getting done. The interesting part is that these new solutions I'm able to comprehend are more elegant, simpler, involve much less sweat, and seem pretty obvious now.

Like @caroline noticed ( here ) more interesting people seem to be filtering into my life.

I'm also more voracious then I remember. This change is subtle and tougher to describe. Voracious not really in appetite but pretty much everywhere else. On just the interpersonal level I think it's like @Brent Patrick pointed out ( here ) when he refers to "life sucking conversations". I love that term. Getting stuck in a conversation about politics or something generally non-actionable feels like the moment when you realize you're walking in the shade and you need to switch to the other side of the street. On a learning level I'm consuming lots of information that applies to my ideas, issues, and projects. Overall old me seems to have been diluted. Poor chap. Efforts are more focused on more important aspects versus a blurry hodgepodge of everything and more and more the same is true for relationships. More smooth life aikido less "life sucking".

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

You make a great point Dan ...... our efforts are more focused on more important stuff - I have no time for all the crap.

It does feel really bad tho - to leave people we care about behind ......

I now understand Jack's propensity for always moving forward ......looking for new challenges and new people to engage with and challenge - both him and then.

This is why I love travelling and camping now ......it is so invigorating to be meeting new people all the time. It gives us so much more.

No wonder folks buy a fifth wheeler and just keep going......... I totally never understood that before.

18. drezy

drezy Gold

-37 lbs @ 10 mo now. Bob, early on in the recent live event broadcast, asked a great question himself during the live event. I've gotten a bit of a testosterone bump that I'm processing through now.

Yeah yeah, it's not "tested" but I can sense it based on my assertiveness, other's reaction to me, and taboo drives (shhhhhhh).

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  19. drezy

drezy Gold

Also at the risk of being a bit boudoir ( and the risk of my wife kicking me in the nuts) we have tried the Julva product. Instructions to me seemed to have gone from "Whoa horsey!" to "Giddy up!" That's my own testimony.

Sheddie, caroline and Lahelada like this.
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

interesting - I had to return that product ......

Jenifer Caplan likes this.