1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Advice on breast health

Discussion in 'Female Quantum Biology' started by Jen N, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Jen N

Jen N Silver

I'm mostly read and learn from this forum and I'm grateful for all the expertise, so I figured you all would be able to help me with questions about breast health.

Here's a bit of my health history
    Age 43
    No children yet, actively trying to conceive, 3 chemical pregnancy's this year so getting closer!
    History of birth control bill (age 16-25) and IVF in my early 30's before I knew better!
    Diagnosed with late stage Lyme disease and co-infections in 2012
    I've been healthy and free from the infections listed above since 2014
    Paternal aunt had breast and lung cancer, she was also a smoker, worked night shift & had a terrible diet
    Been following Dr Kruse's advice regarding LWM, diet, etc since 2015

In Nov. 2016 I had what I though was an inflamed milk duck that caused moderate swelling in my left breast that came on suddenly. I could feel a "hard spot" and it subsided within 72 hours after I used massage plus comfrey and castor oil topically. I had my first thermogram a couple weeks later to establish a baseline and have been using that to track any changes. I now know that I was likely in early pregnancy and that the sudden change was due to hormonal shift.

When this issue occurred, my OB/Gyn also suggested I have an ultrasound to check it what may have caused the swelling but I couldn't find any doctor willing to do only an ultrasound, so I was forced into a mammogram. Of course they "saw something" on both breasts during mammogram but it was not in the same area as the swelling occurred and then that led to a recommendation of a biopsy on my left breast. The biopsy came back negative.

Since 2016 my OB wanted me to have a mammogram every 6 months, I told her I wasn't doing that and asked for ultrasound monitoring instead since I have dense breasts. During the ultrasounds they have been tracking an area of micro calcifications in my right breast. They have not been concerned about my left breast, which was originally what flared up.

Today, I had a follow up ultrasound and the radiologist said the area has increased in size slightly (they never tell me the actual size!) and there is now vascularity so they want to do a needle biopsy on the area. I should note that during this ultrasound I was in my luteal phase and was likely pregnant.They said that wouldn't matter. I honestly do not want to do the biopsy!

Two weeks ago, my follow up thermogram said this "there is increasing activity in both breasts since the previous study, especially in both upper breasts. This is non-specific, and may be due to fibrocystic/hormonal variation, though more serious developing pathology is not excluded. Further close interval follow-up is warranted." During the thermogram, I was on cycle day 1.

I would like to hear from other more educated folks on breast health, on what to really be concerned about, and if I should have the biopsy. What I've read about calcifications is that they are often due to magnesium deficiencies, I've been working on increasing magnesium. I'm also open to reading any books/blogs on the topic breast health from a holistic perspective.

Thank you!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This chain of events is concerning. I think you need to get several breast surgeons opinions but I think a biopsy is going to be wise. I also think a pregnancy right is not wise with this history.

John Schumacher likes this.
  3. Jen N

Jen N Silver

Thank you for the reply. I am having difficulty finding anyone in my area where I can get 2nd opinion. I live in a fairly small town near Santa Cruz, CA, so my options are limited. I was hoping to have seen another doctor for a 2nd opinion by now. I am willing to travel to see a good surgeon. Do you have one you could recommend?

I also find it strange that they only look at one area in my one breast instead of comparing both of my breasts. They also are not very good at explaining what vascularity is. Can you possibly elaborate on that?

I have a core biopsy scheduled for tomorrow, so it sounds like you'd recommend going with that rather than waiting on a 2nd opinion.

I thought sunbathing nude was supposed to help with breast health :)

Appreciate your time,

Jen

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Jen ..... if you become a silver or gold member here you should be able to get a consult with Jack .....depending on his schedule and availability of course.

There is an optimal members event in Mexico ...PDC at the end of the year.

5. Jen N

Jen N Silver

Thank you Caroline. I will look into increasing my membership level.

I would love to attend the optimal event one of these years. Unfortunately, we just spent a significant sum of money helping a relative get out of a unsafe situation so are budget it very tight right now.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'd suggest seeing Dr. John Gordon in Metairie, La. He is a true expert for your problem.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think that is the Doc one of the ladies on the forum was/is seeing. I just need to remember her name - I will be back!

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Her journal name is Vervaina .......Cancer to Optimal Health - Vervaina.

She has other posts but I don't remember what the heading was .....maybe it will come back to me.

maybe check on her profile page and send her a message?

9. Inger

Inger Silver

These are things I do for my breasts. The topical use of iodine took care of a lump I have had since teenager. Otherwise I do not have any breast issues but I still do all these things to try avoid getting any!

-I avoid using BHs.
    At home I never use. At work sometimes, depending on my clothing.
    And my BHs are never too tight, never any metal in them or other strings that suppress blood flow. Also I try to use cotton only.

-I avoid using deodorants.
    If I use one, it is a natural brand with no aluminium in it. But I very rarely need any, my armpits normally do not smell.

-I keep my breasts in the sun as much as it gets.
    Always when I tan. And in winter, when there is no sun, I expose my breasts to the light when sitting in my open bedroom window eating breakfast.

-I do nipple massage almost every morning (very occasionally might I forget)

-I paint my breasts with Iodine 5% Lugols solution, mixed with some carrier oil if needed (often I do not even need it) maybe once or twice a week. 5-10 drops/breast. To make sure they always have enough Iodine.

-Dry brushing the breasts also feels really good, so if I dry brush my body I always brush my breasts too gently in circles to improve the lymph flow.

That was it :)

Brent Patrick and drezy like this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

On a picture below
    (for 2% Lugols) 2 drops is 5mg
    so
    for 5% Lugols it should be 12.5mg
    ten drops = 12.5*5=62.5 mg per breast
    twice that= 125mg once or twice a week

I use dropperfull=16drops of 2% ---->40mg/day (for (like) over 10 years or much more, by now).
    Above is to @caroline who I think is little edgy about iodine use.

@Inger
    does all that lugols stains skin of your breasts?
    I sometime put drops of lugols on my heals, they get stained for days.
    What that may mean?

//////////////

upload_2019-1-17_13-13-15.png

caroline likes this.
  11. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes Jan, they get all brown...lol But it is gone next day.

I do paint the soles of my feet too and they also get brown but it goes away. Depending on how thick the skin is, it takes longer or shorter time. Thicker drier skin stain longer. IMO.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

While on feet.

Thick skin on heels, what does that indicate?

13. Inger

Inger Silver

Hmm.. idk Jan, maybe do a Epsom salt foot soak and scrub the dead skin away on the heels?
    I know if one walk barefoot a lot, especially on dry and hard surface like tile floors in the house, the skin might get thick on the heels.
    But I also think other factors might have an impact.
    Cracked dry skin on heels has improved for many members as they increased their seafood intace etc. :)

14. Inger

Inger Silver

Why are you putting Iodine on your heels?
    I put the Iodine in the middle of my feet soles where the skin is thinner, I imagine it absorbs better into the body that way?

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator