1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Advice for a teen who has 'skin in the game'

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by gcnorbury@gmail.com, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Hi Jack,

I have managed to get my 14 year old daughter pretty much fully into your protocols. She is loving it and listening to her body, but I have a couple of questions please.

Background-

No health issues, very bright, active, slim, healthy girl, who has always eaten well and avoided sugary food and drinks.
    UK based, but mother is Spanish (daughter spent her first 6 years in Spain)
    She has listened to her father and does all the right things: sunrise, sunset plus as much sunlight as possible (she even has a kiniki), wears blue blockers post sunset, low lighting, no wifi. Some mobile phone use, but minimal for her peer group and usually on flight mode and always with red screen and/or blue blockers. Early to bed, sleeps well, up early without alarm. Recently moved to low population semi-rural location and switched schools to a tiny independent high school - no wifi, no mobiles, no screen learning, lots of outdoor barefoot sessions.
    - Sidenote: She was experiencing headaches and very sweaty hands (dripping) at previous small state school (wifi etc), but that's all cleared up in the new school.

DIET: Was always pretty good, meat/fish based but with some pasta, potatoes and little bread, but has switched to 'Carnivore' about 9 months ago and she loves it. Eating pastured fatty meat, eggs and regular fish, all lavishly salted plus some french cheese and a few raw nuts. Has a huge breakfast and a modest early dinner around 4-5pm. Drinks only water (1.5l/day) with the odd glass of raw milk. Bed by 9pm of her own accord.
    She doesn't do CT as such, but is happy to swim in cold lakes, ocean and rivers ocaisionally

All in all, an absolute dream of a child.

Questions:

She wants to move to one meal a day, a huge breakfast. Is that ok given her age etc? She's not stupid, she'll eat when she's hungry, but generally feels able to go all day on one meal.

Vegetables. She is eating none at all, except some seaweed that we disguise in soups or stews maybe once a week.
    Is this ok long term?

Water consumption?

Many thanks

2. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

What? That’s such an understatement I can’t come up with a comparison. You are blessed to have such a child! :)

Jim Laird and KrusinWitchie like this.
  3. I know.

I think she is wonderful, obviously, but none of the above would've happened were it not for Jack, whom I've been following since 2012.

In fact my daughter has heard me listening to so many of his webinars that whenever I give her a new piece of 'life advice', she responds - in an American accent- with the phrase 'All right Guys'

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    KrusinWitchie likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My short take from this 3hr long video.

We run on matrix water.
    Water that we drink will newer mix with matrix water.

Drink only when (really) necessary. Follow thirst. When thirsty, wait 20 min, drink if still thirsty.
    Matrix water is made out of fat, if fat is not eaten, body fat is used.
    1 unit of weight of fat is made into 1.1 of fat.
    Stationary person makes 1.0 to 1.5L of matrix water/day
    During marathon it increases to 20L/day

Boros drinks (200-250)cc/day (1/4liter/day) as a coffee.
    Bacon, olive oil and little greens.
    And lots of Kruse.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I think he was describing what he does, :eek: I didn't get that he is recommending it, especially to a 14 year old girl.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

There is a whole section about the fact that he is not recommending anything.
    Well, he does recommends studying and making own conclusions.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Can she......if she is LS sure.
    I have no issues with it, but I prefer a seasonal location result.
    Water consumption parallels matrix water production so she should have low heteroplasmy and not need a ton.

Danco3636 and Jim Laird like this.