1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Advanced Oxidant Stress Profile

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by kjgraffin@yahoo.com, Nov 26, 2013.

1. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

My doctor ordered an oxidative stress test to see what my glutathione levels look like. We are working on so many things (Lyme, leaky gut, hypothyroidism), she thought it would be helpful. I'm wondering if anyone on here is familiar with it and what you might think. She seemed to think things looked great. What I would really like to know, is why this is good information to have and what exactly is it telling me (if anything).

Antioxidant (Intracellular)
    Percent Reduced Glutathione 95% (93.3-100.0%)
    total Glutathione 821.1 (658.3-988.5)

Lipid Peroxidation
    F2-isoprostane .1 (.4-6.9)

DNA Damage
    8-OHdG .4 (1.0-17.4)

Enzyme Assays
    Glutathione Peroxidase 25.6 (18.1-191.2)
    SOD I 26.9 (4.9-23.0)
    SOD II 25.7 (9.4-47.0)

2. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

So no one has any thoughts? With the importance of glutathione, I would just like to know if mine looks good and that it looks like I am able to use it.

3. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

4. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Says redox is low.....likely cytochrome one issue.