1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Advanced Adrenal Fatigue Help

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by krw2586, Jun 2, 2015.

1. krw2586

krw2586 Gold

Hi all!

I just joined as a gold member and am going to try to hopefully get a consult with Dr Jack, but I'm waiting for some issues with my username / password to be resolved. So I thought I might as well start here! I'm a 28 year old female with quite a history of health issues :)

I've read through much of the website, but my brain is really struggling. My history includes Lyme disease, severe gut dysbiosis and paralysis (resulting in a partial obstruction), multiple chemical sensitivities with neurological presentations (possibly porphyria), adrenal fatigue, autoimmune thyroid disease, thyroid medication resistance, food sensitivities, etc. This past January I experienced a sudden crash. It was after trying a new thyroid medication (WP Thyroid) and doing a ketogenic diet experiment to help with neurological symptoms. Ever since then, my adrenal issues have become severe, I've gained almost 20 pounds, have an orange-ish/bronze color, can't sleep, get severe hypoglycemia even after eating only protein and fat (I've passed out from it), my thyroid medication feels completely ineffective, but my thyroid is fully suppressed so I can't stop taking it, my gut is very paralyzed again and I need to take 6,000 mg of magnesium a day just to have a bowel movement. I'm sweaty all the time and it smells so strongly like ammonia.

My saliva cortisol levels are very low, but I have paradoxical reactions to everything I've tried - everything, without fail, makes it much worse and I don't recover from the experiment. This includes vitamin C, pantothenic acid, glandulars, pregnenolone, and progesterone. But my progesterone is low, estrogen is high. And ironically my aldosterone is high, which makes no sense. I'm trying my best to follow the lifestyle changes, like eating a BAB, sleeping in complete dark, trying very small amounts of melatonin, no lights/screens at night, etc. But even those changes are not being accepted.

Has anyone been in a similar place? Any suggestions? I even have issues with the BAB - it makes me extremely fatigued. I've been fighting for my health for about 5 years and have seen many, many excellent holistic/functional medicine doctors, but even they are frustrated. I'd love anyone's feedback!

paul hess and Cpt.Tired like this.
  2. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I don't have much good answers for you but just some thoughts. Maybe look into methylation as if you smell of ammonia that could mean you have trouble getting rid of it / converting it. High protein is one thing to cause ammonia levels to raise...

I have bad fatigue as well but the things that really helped me were CT, Magneico, enzymes/betaine, getting as much mineral water as possible and other things.

I would stick at eliminating blue light at night and bright light / sun in day as when your body gets used to it, it should be very benefitial for your hormone cycles and overal body timing.

I personally try to limit protein though it's hard when doing vlc. Maybe 40g in morning and 20g at tea for a ttal of 60g?

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  3. krw2586

krw2586 Gold

Thanks for your response and suggestions!! I do know I have methylation issues, so I'll look into that more.

What is CT? I've seen that mentioned a few times, but couldn't figure it out.

seanb4 likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

They key with Lyme disease is the doc taking care of you has to make sure it is an active infection or is due to a low redox...........or both. Most people are in the last group. The Redox Rx has the labs that I use to see if this is present........look at the blog and look at your labs.

CT is a big help to Lyme and look for Martin on this site.......he has been with us for a long time and he is doing great now.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome.....
    Please start a journal in the journal section and give Dr. K. more health history.

Health of siblings? mother? grandma?
    where do you live?
    what do you do?
    nnEMF?
    do you get outside lots? grounding? sunshine?
    what do you eat? drink?
    do you have blue blocker glasses?
    avoid fake lite .....

Have you read Dr. K.'s book? The Epi-Paleo RX

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No human being itself should be considered impaired innately, instead there are environmental short comings that cause the impairment. Thus, it is incumbent on the on the clinician to recommend treatment of the environment their patient is in. People react to an inferior environment, way before their genome is altered. That is what the science of epigenetics and ubiquitin rates are telegraphing us, but the modern paradigm is not listening. You must.

8. krw2586

krw2586 Gold

Thanks for all the input!

I have read a bit about CT and will try to incorporate that once I get a little further with the basic epi diet. And I will put up a picture asap!

Caroline, thanks for the suggestion to post in the Journal section - I will do that as soon as I get a chance.

And Dr K, I briefly looked through the Redox post. Some of those labs fit (low vitamin d, low cholesterol, long-term hormonal imbalances), but some are fine like BUN/Creatinine ratio and potassium. Actually the most recent CMP I had done, my potassium was much higher than normal at 5.0. I do have a heterozygous MTHFR mutation on the C677T gene. I have tried simple things like taking vitamin d3 and I react very badly even to that. Vit d completely paralyzes my gut and causes major water retention. Even after taking it for just 3 days. Maybe it's raising calcium way too high. I think a huge piece is my gut, but it's has been quite resistant to healing thus far, no matter how many supplements I've taken. I've been seeing Dr Klinghardt for Lyme / neurotoxin issues and was told to drink ASEA water to help with redox stuff. Are you familiar with ASEA and if it's any good?

I love believing that our bodies are not innately broken. That's a powerful picture. My environmental sensitivities have made me very aware of toxins and other unhealthy external influences and I've done much to minimize those. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how clean the environment is, my body learns to react to it over time. It's definitely a learned response, which is why I think this brain re-wiring would be so helpful!

Danny, seanb4 and caroline like this.
  9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Yes. High protein=ammonia

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Fix above,
    add to that optimization of 35 micronutrients per Spectracell,
    then see what is left of your problems.

Good Total cholesterol = 200-300