1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Adrenal Fatigue checklist

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Steven, May 15, 2012.

1. Steven

Steven New Member

Hello everyone,

I want to try Dr. Kruse's protocol to see if it helps my AF.

So this is what I think is needed, please tell me if I'm missing anything.

Paleo diet, cold therapy, lights off after sun goes down, and try to sleep by 10pm...

Anything else that Dr. Kruse recommends?

Thank You!

2. Make sure the diet is keto-paleo with lots of fish. Also no exercise but walking is ok in the afternoon (2-5pm-ish) and stare at the sun first thing in the morning for ten minutes to trigger the cortisol.

3. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

I just have to say, Kruse's tips really helped me on this one. My am cortisol level (blood test, that's what I have, know saliva is better) went from 5 to 15 after about 3 months. I didn't to bed late to start with, so I'm thinking that catching those am rays (coupled with reducing inflammation) is what really helped me. I'm still not on the high end of the range but I figure I'll keep improving.

No cortisol pill for me!!!

4. Good suggestion about the sun in the morning. I got to be better about that!
    He also mentions in his blog post foods to avoid and adaptagens that may help. In my experience, the adaptagens made me feel worse - in my lay person observation, they stimulated my adrenals to work and then I had a crash. So, I stay away from them!

The blog post is here

http://jackkruse.com/what-might-casey-anthony-and-oj-have-in-common/

highlights:

Pearls for a Adrenal optimization:

Sleep by 10 PM

Sleep in until 8:00 AM

Avoid over training

Do the things you enjoy

Avoid coffee or other caffeinated beverages; steep your tea!

Eat early within thirty minutes of rising

Have a glass of water in the morning with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt

Avoid grains such as bread

Avoid starchy foods such as potato

Mind body mastery/ Laugh several times a day

Take vitamin C, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and vitamin E (Mixed tocophrenols)

Take pregnenolone and DHEA, as needed

Avoid becoming fatigued

Avoid high glycemic fruits

Never skip breakfast ever

Avoid caffeine, chocolate, ephedra, guarana, kola nut, and prescription stimulants. (Ritalin)

5. Oh and don't forget to laugh!!!! This is not scientific by any means, although it could be, but it makes a person feel better and somehow that surely relieves stress which in turn would help! ahahahahahah

6. Steven

Steven New Member

Patty, thanks for the suggestions.

Jennifer, I also notice adaptogens make my AF worse along with royal jelly and even seaweed...

So how is the cold therapy working for AF? I'm really interested in that part because I tend to feel better in the winter time.

7. Have you been tested for Hashimoto's?

Iodine is sometimes not good for thyroid.

Unfortunately, I did not do so well with CT, but I have other issues - mostly hormones. I also have Raynaud's and Hashimoto's. SO, I tend to freeze my butt off in normal conditions! I kind of skipped over facedunk and after listening to the It's Rainmaking Time Podcast, I think that was a big mistake on my part. Dr K talks about how facedunks stimulate the vagus nerve and other stuff I can't remember! LOL I did spot CT and then baths. At first it was OK but after three weeks, I hit a wall. Today I see a functional med doc, so if I get my hormones and thyroid straightened out, maybe CT will be better.

However, Dr K was teasing us on the Monster Thread that he has a blog to post about AF and CT with video and testimonial from a client that recovered from near suicide her AF was so bad. So, can't wait to read/see that!

Jump in with CT and give us your n=1.

8. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

He loves CT for adrenal fatigue and far better than HC. CT raises aMSH and ACTH. Go for it and big time. It's in one of the ct blogs.

9. I am recovering from adrenal fatigue but feel I am close to being healed. It's been about a year that I have been working on it and three months of CT. I have more energy especially after CTing so I second the suggestions on CTing for adrenals.

10. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I have more energy after I CT too. Do you think it has anything to do with "wanting" to warm up? I did plant about 40 plants afterwards one time and couldn't believe how long it didn't take me to do it all. I was impressed. But, I ususally do feel better when done.

11. My CT has been weird lately because I can't get the water cold below 58-59 right now. Tap water is too warm and I don't have enough ice. It's really irritating because I get colder and more shivers if the water is that temp than when it is 50-55. And I'm also not as energized. It seems from what I have been reading it is the consensus around here: colder water is easier! And the benefit for me is more energy. Maybe it is from my body having to do more to warm up.

12. Steven

Steven New Member

Jennifer,

Nope, I don't have hashimotos. But, I did get my thyroid levels tested and my TSH was about 2.3 and my TOTAL T3 was below range so I have to get retested soon. I think adrenal fatigue if active long enough will eventually cause hypothyroid.