1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Adrenal Fatigue and Cold Thermogenisis

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Toby King, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Summer Day

Summer Day New Member

Actually, my EMF environment is extremely good, compared to most. There are benefits of living very far away from civilization! :) There are not even power lines for many kilometers from my house, and there is not even enough signal to use a cell phone anywhere close. We don't even own any of those smart-eleck phones. Thanks for your insights, I really appreciate it. I am already seeing results, just not as fast as others, probably due to the degree of cold-intolerance I've had my entire life, so I am catching up from many years past.

kris90 likes this.
  2. Summer Day

Summer Day New Member

Thank you! It is surprising to me to need to limit the water, as I thought the opposite was true. I seem to feel better when I've had plenty of water with lemon in it, and I've been drinking lots of herbal tea lately too, and beef bone broth. I do eat lots and lots of fat, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, beef fat.

What is your reasoning for including coconut oil regardless of season and latitude? I thought that it was a mismatch for eating in winter.

3. kris90

kris90 New Member

Well that's great news! Just keep on trucking along slowly but surely!

4. kris90

kris90 New Member

It typically is for folks who have been able to reverse their leptin resistance. But coconut oil can be helpful when an individual is transitioning toward a more healthy circadian rhythm. My guess is because MCTs are rapidly metabolized even in the prescence of poor liver function (i.e. liver leptin resistance) so its a great choice for someone who is ill.

For a cold adapted human though, butter, ghee or lard would be a more optimal choice.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Summer Day said:
    What is your reasoning for including coconut oil regardless of season and latitude? I thought that it was a mismatch for eating in winter.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    butter, ghee or lard
    think of it as oleic acid.

So,
    other sources of oleic acid are also good.

Think of oleic acid as AMPK activator.
    https://www.cell.com/trends/endocrinology-metabolism/fulltext/S1043-2760(17)30170-4
    Palmitic and Oleic Acid: The Yin and Yang of Fatty Acids in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
    //////////////////
    and
    major donor of hydrogen to your matrix water production.

/////

kris90 likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When you store or drink your water
    think of it, look at it lovingly
    it helps. Keeps it alive.
    You really want to drink water that is alive.
    Dead water is not able to get into cells.
    Luc Antoine Montagnier got Nobel Prize for that and similar stuff.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator