1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Admitting to Biohack failures

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Scompy, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Scompy

Scompy Gold

I tried a biohack this weekend that I'm now going to chalk it up to a failure and share the information with the rest of you. The hack attempt is here:

The reasoning is that the benefits of the cold may simply outweigh the heat provided by the IR machine. Additionally, the nm of IR light probably mismatches the sun's IR. Third and most important, the magnetic EMF coming off of the machine is strong enough that the benefit of the infared light requires a person to be closer to the proximity of the EMF. From my measurements with my cornet, I'm suspecting that I still may be close enough within 12 to 18 inches to be getting some influence from the EMF. Most of the EMF is generated out the top and back, but there is still some coming from the front.

I started thinking about the drawbacks of the biohack when thinking about how it differs with a tanning bed. It quickly occurred to me that the EMF and artifical light generation may be sub-par for the skin, but even more important, the proximity to the EMF generated by the tanning bed. My thinking is that it would be more beneficial to get out in the mornings even under cloud cover, especially when it gets colder. I'm well cold adapted in my CT now, so I'll just use that more and up my DHA to boot. Plus, I get less $$ spent on my electric bill that contributes to their Smartmeter programs LOL--had to add that one.

In my findings online, I'm seeing that UVA often penetrates 70-80% effectiveness through cloud-cover, and some can get through windows. I also have fog to deal with at times too. I cannot verify the accuracy of what I see online in these %s, as the many conditions including time of year, latitude and altitude also plays a large role in the intensity and the wavelengths received. Plans already to get to low-EMF remote sunny locations in AZ.

For the biohack, all thoughts and opinions are welcomed.

Optimalbound likes this.
  2. PaulG

PaulG New Member

what did our ancestors do on a cold cloudy morning...built a fire.

endless and Scompy like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Fire has the same color temperature in the IR range as sunlight FYI

Scompy likes this.
  4. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Woah, that's profound and curious at the same time! Nature in action.