1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Adhesive Capsulitis/Frozen Shoulder

Discussion in 'Educating Doctors' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Apr 8, 2014.

1. neural therapy is great

2. off topic re: shoulders but have seen 3 spontaneous lower cervical disc prolapses in the lats month, no trauma. in every case it was a computer worker or iphone addict
    10 years ago in practice a cervial disc prolapse was a rarity. this eludes to the massive collagen destruction imparted by EMF, as jack will attest, the annulus should be very thick and fibrous and extremely hard to tear even with force.

3. Jude

Jude Gold

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Now that seems like a familiar whinge I've been hearing from an iphone addict......cervical vertebrae constantly giving trouble and needing rx from chiro......honestly I hate watching folk degenerating in front of me and ......especially................. when its family:(

4. Penny

Penny New Member

I fixed my screwed up rotator cuff by half-ass doing yoga head-stands against the wall - it didn't even take a week to go from holding my elbow to steam-cleaning carpets - then I graduated to the hammer-chisel... a medical Dr. Lorean Fishman - who was into yoga - tried it for the hell of it and cured herself - she has done it for 700 people thus far with great success:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/loren-fishman-md/yoga-for-rotator-cuff-injury_b_916728.html

Of course, then I totally screwed up the other one with an angle grinder followed by crushing it - but tape *really* helped it...

I sleep with 2 ice packs on my shoulders and one on my back - it really helps - also, turmeric and astaxanthin (synthesized from krill oil) really help with inflammation... in fact, some people use astaxanthin to increase the time they can spend in the sun - amazing stuff...

You also might want to research the wonders of fulvic acid for hydration - that Dr. Jerry Tennant talked about it - some kind of highly bioavailable minerals?

The trends in these injuries probably follow the trend in cataracts - which are now being found in people in their 50's as hydration is the best thing you can do for your eyes...

5. Penny

Penny New Member

I have the following books for trigger points and found them to be helpful along with a theracane...
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Frozen-Sh...rigger+point+therapy+frozen+shoulder+workbook

http://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point...rigger+point+therapy+frozen+shoulder+workbook

fitness@home likes this.
  6. Penny

Penny New Member

Lou Gehrig's disease is an iatrogenic disease of athletes caused by use of electrotherapy devices
    1/3/2010 by Samuel Milham
    Abstract: Dr. Milham examines evidence of the relationship between trans-cutaneous electric stimulation devices used in sports medicine and amytrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease). He hypothesizes that sporadic ALS is caused by external electrical currents induced in or applied to the body. Since most cases of ALS have no obvious connection to electrical shock or electrical therapy, most non-familial cases must have had currents induced in their bodies by working or living in environments with strong EMFs.

http://www.stetzerizer-us.com/Lou-G...d-by-use-of-electrotherapy-devices_df_80.html

7. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Penny, I also have a theracane. For me, it's not as effective as a deep tissue massage.

In all honesty, using an arnica lotion of the those areas really helps when I can't get in for a massage. My husband is good at finding triggers and working the lotion into them. This has slaved my sleep on more than one occasion!

8. Penny

Penny New Member

Yeah, nothing beats my husband's thumbs digging into my trigger points... I have full range of motion - unless he overdoes it and makes it worse... I also have been spraying magnesium oil on my shoulders - it worked great for my achilles tendons... I'll try the arnica - was thinking of even using DMSO, but in the end just too lazy... :) The chiropractor just needs to adjust it, then tape it, IMHO...

9. you really need to look at why you are forming trigger points and why the tendon is degrading to the point it cannot take a normal load.

Penny likes this.
  10. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Josh, most of the triggers form in my upper back, near the shoulder blades. I have a slight S curve there from scoliosis. Always assumed this was a factor. Stress, i.e. tight muscles aggravates it too.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^^this

12. they will form there from a less than optimal stability strategy for the shoulder girdle and Tx spine. this is fundamentally the MECHANICAL dysfunction that LEADS to impingement and rotator cuff syndromes. distortion and weakening of the collagen architecture is superimposed on this to create the structural dysfunction and symptoms.

13. this yoga posture is great because it relates to t he upper extremity being used as a closed chain support structure, where the activation/innervation is from extremity to spine rather than spine to extremity. this also encourages the humerus to externally rotate in this support, decreasing tonic dominance

14. Penny

Penny New Member

I think I even understood some of that - for me it's too many heavy power tools - but it's also sticking my chin out to see the computer screen - my eyes are straining to see it - new glasses didn't help - but I always had the dowager hump thing with crappy posture as I am quite tall:) The shoulders also tend to roll forward when using the computer - not helping anything - and if one sleeps on their side, you roll them forward all night...

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I've followed this thread with mild interest, but now I wonder if I should pay real attention. I've noticed that when I put my hands on my hips and bring my elbows forward, my right elbow stays back a bit, while my left elbow lines up nicely with the plane of my body. No pain in that shoulder or elbow currently, though the right shoulder was somewhat painful in previous years. Just a reduction in the range of motion.

Sometimes, however, that shoulder is more limber. I think it is after icing the upper back.

SlamSlask likes this.
  16. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Okay this doesn't really go with Frozen shoulder, but I'm going to put my question here.

@Josh (s)
    I read this article this morning, Tinnitus of Myofascial Origin, and much of it fit me to a T:

http://www.tinnitusjournal.com/detalhe_artigo.asp?id=504

Precipitating factors which apply to me:
    · Posture (scoliosis)
    · Whiplash at 20 years old
    · Dental problems - have bite issues and bruxism
    · Myofascial dysfunction - whole body thermography scan showed areas
    · Trigger points in the trapezius muscle

The treatment described is something I would like to try. If it didn’t work, I’d at least know it wasn’t of myofascial origin and/or related to bruxism. The tinnitus showed up a year ago in August and I did see an ENT for a hearing test - have some loss in each ear.

My question is – what type of physician would I see to try this? Would it be ENT, a dental specialty, physical therapist, pain management, or other type?? There are a plethora of doctors in the Houston area…just need to know where to start looking.

I also understand that the underlying issues for the above would still need to be addressed.

Thanks

Jude and Penny like this.
  17. Penny

Penny New Member

This looked interesting and it released a lot of neck tension...

and I have this manual which is fantastic:
    http://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point...t+manual&pebp=1422338213143&peasin=B00ECLGALG

and I have this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Trigger-Point...t+manual&pebp=1422338213143&peasin=B00ECLGALG

But truly, our fascia is crappa... because our water is non existent me thinks... always wondered what plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis and all the lovely shoulder pain had to do with each other and now I think it's sinking into my thick skull... water and the lack thereof...

Another thing I found that helps with the crappy hang your head forward posture is to take an elastic type therapy band and put it behind your head and push back with your head - or even push back with your head against something - it strengthens the muscles that are weakened when you are always hanging your head forward...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  18. osteopaths in australia do that sort of thing, not sure about elsewhere

19. JMO

JMO Silver

Finally had a MRI of my shoulder and was diagnosed with frozen shoulder. I have had intense shoulder pain since Nov. The pain is better now and I can finally sleep. Movement is still pretty restricted and my shoulder is totally f'd up. The doc told me it can take up to a year to get better. He also said that physical therapy is not going to help. Not a lot of help. Been having massage and some chiro on it. Cold and red light. Just wondering if anyone on this thread was able to regain movement totally and what you did...how long did it take??

20. Valerie

Valerie Gold

Yes. Both shoulders (about a year apart). First one worse because didn't know what it was. All this before Jack Kruse web site existed. Went through with cortisone shot, but still came back. It was physical therapy that finally loosened my shoulder and it was like having natural childbirth. Just keep stretching it out. My shoulders are now back to normal. Took about 6 -8 months. Knowing what I know now, I would dose up on herbal anti-inflammatory...like boswellia/black pepper extract. It does take a few weeks to kick in. I would suspect cold and redlight are good as well.