1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Acute Diarrhea - solutions

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Butters, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

When you have acute diarrhea, say because of germs, bad water or rotten food, is there a api paleo solution for that?
    Conventional advice is, not to eat fat and milk products and easy digestible food. Most of these food are of course not Epi-Paleo and are not fitting in the light cycle.
    From my experience I do have no hunger in the beginning and fast naturally but eventually I get hungry and have to eat something, say after 24 hrs or so. When I eat normal (protein and fat) the diarrhea starts again.
    Moro's carrot soup helps and gruel with grated appel, too. But certainly this is not Epi-Paleo.
    I think this may be interesing for people who travel a lot to countries with bad water/food quality.

2. Inger

Inger Silver

Maybe Iodine? Like a few drops of Lugols in water to kill the germs?

Another thing.. I guess there is a reason why the diarrhea is there, to remove the germs so maybe just let it run its course, and eat normally? Eventually it will stop.. Hydrating would be important.. and enough salt I guess. Oysters would be great because they are salty and full of minerals and very easy on digestion.

I have not had real diarrhea for so long.... if I ever have an issue it is just for a day or two and it goes away, I do not do anything special.

If it is prolonged diarrhea I would try to figure out what causes it....and fix that

LieselK, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

4. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Haven’t had this issue in a long time either, but I would reach for some colloidal silver for acute bacterial or viral infections.

5. Butters

Butters New Member

Yes, I think also its there for a reason. But the easy digestable food is said to be easy on the cells, so that you dont get running stools right away because your attacked gut cells cant absorb the fat so good.

I think that is for the extreme cases, but thats not a really natural solution what im looking for. But thanks.

Also not really practical I think.

I would like to know what a wild animal would do in that case. That is the question I ask for everytime. And so far the only way that comes in my mind is prolonged fasting. But when I think of the past century, many young children used to die from diarrhea till 1900. So maybe there is something the mother nature has no optimal solution for yet. During these days then Moro's carrot soup seemed to fight the death rates very good. After all young children get diarrhea most of the time and its most dangerous for them. So can it be that a solution of mother nature for that really doesnt exist?

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Find the source,the cure will present itself. If the animal has a parasite either the animal will win or the parasite. Both is acceptable as far as balance is concerned. Some animals like dogs can recognise beneficial plants (by their light emission maybe) but we have lost that sense in captivity. Accute diarrhea kills if left untreated. So find the source. The question is not how do you get rid of it but why do you get it ? We do not live in the wild anymore so wild answers are problematic in an alien human modified environment.

Dani likes this.
  7. Inger

Inger Silver

Alex, my landlord and her 6 yo daughter have had really heavy diarrhea last days too! Seems to be some sort of virus maybe? The girl visited me several times as she was sick too... but I have not got any issues yet....

Animals in nature follow their instincts I guess.. So if you feel hungry, eat, and eat what you have appetite of :).

I felt a little sick a week ago after working 2 very long and late days, some sort of flu I guess? But I had no couch or anything, just a little water dripping of my nose... but I felt a bit sick. So I just relaxed - naked - in the sun, (5 hours each day) for 2 days (I was luck we had fabulous weather!), and did nothing. Except I ate a lot! I really had appetite... so I ate lots of meat.. oysters.... I just craved food. Even if I was sick. I guess my body needed it, I always give in for cravings like that.

If you do not have appetite, it means your body wants to fast. Easy :). The body is very clever I guess, we just have to listen :)

Saichi likes this.
  8. Anne V

Anne V Gold

today, day 4 startig with diarrhea. fasting, drinking loads of water.
    it started after diner of salmon sashimi.
    slightly better,

9. We find people get on well with grapefruit seed extract, just a few drops in water, repeated if necessary works wonders....

Alex97232 and Anne V like this.
  10. Anne V

Anne V Gold

Thanks Carole,do you sell some in the shop? :)

Alex97232 likes this.
  11. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

Hopefully the bug that rode in on that salmon will ride out on all that water and a little GSE and a lot of sunshine.

Anne V and drezy like this.
  12. Yes.. ring me... x

Anne V likes this.