1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Acidic High Altitude Spring Water

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by TrevorHirschi, Sep 23, 2021.

1. TrevorHirschi

TrevorHirschi New Member

A week ago I went off-roading in the 4Runner up the mountains to the southeast of my house. I've made the same trip at least once a year for the last decade or longer, but this time I wasn't just going to the peak for the inspirational views. My agenda this time was to collect from the natural spring that I've always stopped at for a refreshing drink. I bought two 5 gallon water cooler bottles to fill up and take home with me.

The spring isn't listed on FindASpring.com, but I've been meaning to submit it to the site, as it's always been a great spring.
    This time of year, the water runs slow and I was only able to fill one bottle with my need to get back home to my kids, but what I found when I got home surprised me.

I used a simple TDS meter and the water appears pretty clean at only 40-44 tds. I know anything could be in there, but in my mind low tds always seems "clean." I also tested the pH and found it quite acidic at around a pH of 4. I used a chemical reaction color test in a vial with a few drops that went quite red, the level of 4. I also used a probably out of calibration and rather cheap pH meter that was also right around 3.8-4.1.

The question is, is this really bad? Should I drink it, treat it somehow to increase alkalinity, or just ditch it in the flower beds? I'd like to be able to drink it since it's from a good source that likely is deuterium depleted/low being from an elevation of about 9400 ft.

I just don't know. I just started Pollack's Fourth Phase of Water, but any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

JanSz likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Are there any vineries there?
    Their red vine should be good and have low deuterium.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I see that you list IBS as your problem.

Do you have reflux? GERD? backflow of stomach contents into the esophagus?
    I had that for ages. (Twice as long as your age). Recently found that I am low in potassium.
    A teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate and went away.
    I had potassium tested for decades, always ok. Wrong test, very popular test.

5. TrevorHirschi

TrevorHirschi New Member

HA! I have never seen a winery, brewery, or anthing like that here. As far as I know, Utah is very disconnected from the rest of the world when it comes to anything alcohol related. Put it up to the culture, but I've never drank alcohol, tea, or coffee in my life, and I don't have any aspirations to do so either.

We do have grapes though! I actually have a good load of concords growing on my neighbor's fence that are in season now and I have free access to as much as I want. I grab a handful as I get my several hours of weekend morning sun exposure, as well as whatever I can in the evening sun. I've heard Jack mention resveratrol in wine, and by default, I would imagine that's the concords, correct?

I'm also curious, but what's your connection to the spring water with the wineries? Just the deuterium? I might be missing something here.

---
    Funny you should ask about the IBS and reflux/GERD. I got a pretty good handle on the IBS earlier this year with help from functional medicine practitioner Evan Brand, who is actually the one responsible for turning me on to Jack Kruse, so I'm very grateful for his help and for leading me to Dr Kruse. We ran a bunch of tests and found some mold toxins, high candida, high oxalates, high arabinose, and a handful of other things. The protocol he got me on has really done a lot in terms of how I feel and I think it has been aided by high amounts of sun exposure, and mitigation of artificial light at night and day. I'm sure there is still more I can be doing, but I've seen progress so far, and I am super happy with that.

What intrigues me is is the reflux part. As long as I can remember, certain foods have always made me need to clear my throat, chronically, for an hour or so after eating. But I never experience any of the typical GERD symptoms, so when I was younger, the ENT I visited with said it was just asymptomatic GERD, with the exception of the throat-clearing. I always tried to avoid foods I found to be problematic, and I don't experience it nearly as often as I used to anymore. However, no matter what I've do, there is one thing that causes me to need to clear my throat really badly, and that is laughing a lot. No food relation there, but I'd guess it has something to do with the road between esophagus and stomach. It's bothered me my whole life, and no one has ever been able to help me with that one.

Do you think that is a Potassium deficiency problem?

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

TrevorHirschi said:
    I'd guess it has something to do with the road between esophagus and stomach. It's bothered me my whole life, and no one has ever been able to help me with that one.
    Do you think that is a Potassium deficiency problem?
    ===========
    In my case, I am81+yo. It bothered me only last 50+years. Many doctors had no clue why, always nice and sympathetic, some where willing to cut me up and try to figure out.
    Potassium was tested 100 times (always with the wrong test).

My life was changed for the better when I started with this advice:
    (I am describing earthquake type of changes, major)
    https://www.advancedhealing.com/wp-content/uploads/Potassium-BEST.pdf
    upload_2021-9-26_11-46-7.png

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  7. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thanks for asking.
    I am not done (using the above) advice from @DrEttinger
    It would be a good idea if we got a group of people with GERD (or whatever other name others use (to confuse the problem).
    And have all of us under @DrEttinger control.
    I for example am not finished because when I take magnesium I am ending up with diarrhea, but my test shows me having a magnesium deficiency.
    On offhand I am thinking, not all magnesium supplements are created equal.

Another thing.
    oxalates---->>gout, kidney stones
    To reduce or control existing oxalates it is a good idea to use citrate variety supplements.
    So for example
    calcium citrate
    magnesium citrate
    potassium citrate

So right here is a question: I know (potassium bicarbonate) works well for me, but should I try (potassium citrate)?

A different way to describe the GERD problem is that it is a problem of having wrong (ph) in different places at wrong times.
    I tested my urine
    Wed June 9/2021
    Jan pH=5.76
    Seems that it is too low, too acidic.
    But I do not have good data on how to look at and how to manipulate urine's ph.
    upload_2021-9-26_12-17-0.png

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    OptimalSkr likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

10. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

I have taken this for a while for general health (not reflux)- but not sure if it has any effect at all. you mix it in water and it gets fizzy.

https://naturalcalm.ca/