1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Acid Reflux/Gerd from exercising hard

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by edance83@yahoo.com, Jul 9, 2012.

1. edance83@yahoo.com

edance83@yahoo.com New Member

Hey everyone. I just started doing Insanity which is a really hard workout. I'm only on the second day, but so far I've been getting some acid reflux while exercising. Which I've never had happen before. The only time I've ever had any reflux is when I was a vegan like 7 yrs ago.. it started with tomato sauce. I still occasionally get it from canned tomato sauce or canned crushed tomatoes. But other than that it has stopped from just eating paleo. I've never experienced it with exercise before though.

I had been doing the reset from Feb '12 - April '12. I moved to the post Leptin plan in April. About mid/end of April I kinda fell off of the leptin plan. But I still stayed paleo/primal. I didn't eat gluten.. and didn't eat horribly, but I did eat some chips or corn and some candy or ice cream.

I've started back on the post leptin plan/strict paleo. I started Insanity on Sunday. I have been exercising around 4-5pm. I've been doing it on an empty stomach and then eating dinner within an hour of exercising. I'm lost as to what could be causing this. But, it's really annoying. I can't find any information that's helpful online so far. Everything is just for normal gerd sufferers and regular doctor advice like take antacids or whatnot. WHich I have never done and will not do. So, looking for some advice here if anyone has any. Thanks. :)

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

its called a poor cortisol and terrible gastrin circadian cycle........you need to the read the CT blog about 24 hour circadian biology carefully. Your activity will destroy your brain and gut wiring if you continue.

3. edance83@yahoo.com

edance83@yahoo.com New Member

The reflux stopped I think. Yesterday it didn't happen. I think maybe I ate something with gluten while out and didn't realize it.

I know you prefer less working out, which I normally prescribe to. I didn't think 60 days of more intense working out would really cause that much damage. I'm not using any weights as it's all body weight exercises. I guess it may be high in the cardio, but other than these 30 min/day workouts I am actually sitting for the most part. I didn't really think that would be excessive for working out. I'm following the post leptin as far as eating. I'm pretty keto even as I'm trying to lose about 28 lbs still. I'm trying to build some muscle while losing fat still with Insanity. After the 60 days I plan to go back to my normal exercise which is some hula hooping and occasional pole dancing.

How is my gastrin circadian cycle messed up when I'm eating like the plan says? I'm eating breakfast within 30 min to an hour of waking. I'm not eating lunch.. if I'm a little hungry I just drink tea with coconut milk in it. Then I work out usually 4-5pm and then eat dinner within an hour after my workout. I'm not eating anything after dinner. I'm getting a minimum of 8 hrs of sleep. Is it just the extra cardio that you think is the issue?

I can't CT in the summer as I don't have any money to buy ice and my water isn't very cold. I do take showers in as cold as my water allows and I do some ice packs that I have for spot CTing.

4. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Just curious, why do Insanity if you are just going back to normal routine afterwards? This isn't going to help your weight loss if that's the plan. You are raising your cortisol by doing the intense cardio. If you are LS, then by continuing to eat post LRx will help you lose weight. You can lift heavy to build muscle. Much better plan than wearing yourself out. I know what insanity is and it is exactly that, insane. Not trying to sound mean or anything but raising your cortisol is really the worse thing you can do right now. As for stress, your system won't work right if you are stressed hence the gerd. That is your first clue.