1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

About temperature in CT

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by DPH, Sep 13, 2016.

1. DPH

DPH Silver

I have read on the blogs that you recommend to have water that is 50-55 degree when doing the cold baths. But I also read on of the linked article, specifically the one about the football players who does CT after training.

"Sitting waist deep in 38-degree water for a recommended 20 minutes is in no way a casual dip in the pool. "

"Water in the tub is kept between 38 and 39 degrees."

Is there a reason they use 38-39 degree water instead of the 50-55 degree that you recommend?
    Or is it just that they don't know better and they would actually be better off with using 50-55 instead?

Or is there any benefits you get when going to colder temperatures? Especially for recovery as that is what they use it for?

The full article: http://web.archive.org/web/20120615...ews.com:80/sports/bills-nfl/article222856.ece

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

They are doing it for different reasons. I did a webianr 4 years ago on deep CT. We covered those subject there. You can re-listen to it