1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Aaron's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Aaron Freeman, Aug 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron Freeman

Aaron Freeman New Member

Debating how to write this Journal.... Context is important, but this could get to be very long.

Grand Mother died in 80's of spinal cancer
    Mother is in 70's and is obese and has many health issues, many years ago had ovaries removed due to cancer.

I used to be very fit... Martial Arts, Weightlifting, Cycling

Got injured in 1998 and everything went to hell.
    Now 6' 4" obese 418, 47 years old. Now even with my injury, I was what I would call a highly functional obese person, would work circle around everyone, until 3 months ago.

I was home alone and just out of the blue I thought I was going to die. Passout, could not focus, felt like someone was going to flip my light switch off and that was it for me.

Over about 4 weeks I was in the ER 5 times with one overnight stay. At this time I was on no medications.. When I would first go to ER my BP would be 190/110, but after being there for 30 minutes un medicated my BP would be normal and they would send me home, no medication. Even the overnight stay nurse took BP ever 4 hours and by morning time they were going to give me BP meds, and I asked what is my BP and they stated normal, so I asked why should I take it, the doctor came and yelled at me for being a bad patient. So I caved

Went to my Primary doctor, Cardiologist, Neurologist.
    Blood work basically normal
    EKG normal
    CT normal
    Wore a heart Holter 2 weeks, Normal
    MRI normal

The primary doctor wanted to put me on antidepressants for anxiety. I really felt like it was symptoms first followed by anxiety, so I picked up the prescription, but after I read the side effects I just did not take or refill. The primary doctor now not returning my calls.

Symptoms 3 months ago:
    Numbness in the head(both sides of my face, and throughout the day a circle of numbness around my head.
    Feel like I am going to pass out
    Numbness in arms
    Chest and back pain right side
    vision issues

Symptoms now:
    Crowning numbness few times a day
    Face feels heavy instead of numb
    Chest and back pain right side once per day
    vision issues(sometimes I feel like I do not need my glasses and sometimes I really do)
    Just feel off and not myself
    I used to walk 3 miles a day, and now I am lucky if I can do .5 miles

About 2 months ago I went to see a functional doctor and feel a much better report.
    He did much more complete blood work.

Low testosterone
    High estrogen
    I can add labs if needed.

SO I am now on many supplements, and Testosterone pellets, and Thyroid and estrogen blockers.

Test left to do cardiologist wants to do a Treadmill Stress test, and tilt table test.
    I do also have occasional hand tremors so trying to schedule an appointment with the neurologist.
    Awaiting heavy metal test results, and a fecal test.

So when this all started I was 460, and as stated above 2 weeks ago I was 418, only weigh myself at doctors. The strange thing is for the last 7 years I tried everything to lose weight, but nothing worked, and I lost 30 pounds prior to meds from the functional doctor, so I do not think I can say it is from his scripts.

What has changed in my diet?
    No dairy (used to drink a few glasses of milk a day)
    added fiber

That is all, so did the fear of dying to make me lose weight??? Or was dairy and lack of fiber key??? Whish I would have known this 7 years ago.

So why did I join this group?

Still having the symptoms, and feel like I am a quarter functional then I was 3 months ago. Seems essentially all other doctors other than functional say you are fine except anxiety. I know there is something missing and needs to be addressed I just do not know what.

Lastly, the BP meds I have been taking 40mg, I cut back to half a pill by meditating 3 times a day, and working from home and not driving into work(stressful due to vision issues) on half a pill my BP is going down to 95/74 and I am most likely going to stop taking soon.

For all that have made it this far thank you and I appreciate your time.

2. Inna

Inna Platinum

Aaron, welcome!

You are in a right place

Where do you live?

What kind of work do you do?

What was your Vit d level?

Thyroid function?

How is your sleep?

Might want to start with

1. Leptin Rx - Epi-Paleo diet
    2. Cold thermogenesis protocol
    3. Sphinx - watching sunrise / grounding
    4. Watching sunset
    5. Expose as much of naked skin as possible to sunlight. Start in the morning to build solar callus and gradually increase as tolerated.
    6. Fluoride free water
    Liming nnemf, blue light exposure, particularly after sunset

Become Silver / or gold member (best investment I’ve made!)

Be very careful / high degree of skepticism with medications that physicians might offer; they have good intentions, but they don’t know what they don’t know;

and road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Best of luck!

Inna

caroline, Inger and drezy like this.
  3. Inna

Inna Platinum

Might also consider checking plasma metanephrines if not already done

drezy likes this.
  4. Aaron Freeman

Aaron Freeman New Member

Where do you live? La Mesa California... city in San Diego

What kind of work do you do? I am an IT Guy computer screens all day. I have Flux installed but can I do more?

VITAMIN D, 25-OH, TOTAL 53 Reference Range: 30-100 ng/mL

VITAMIN D, 25-OH, D3 53 Reference Range: See Below ng/mL

VITAMIN D, 25-OH, D2 <4 Reference Range: See Below ng/mL

Thyroid function? Not sure what to look at. June labs attached

How is your sleep? I have sleep apnea due to weight but feel I sleep ok, it is the only time I feel better

Leptin Rx - Epi-Paleo diet - Can you point me in the right direction here?

Cold thermogenesis protocol - I will start this ASAP

Sphinx - watching sunrise / grounding - Have been doing this the last 3 days and will continue. Question sunrise here is about 6:15 am but do not really see the sun until 6:45 am. I know even when it is overcast you get effects, but how long should I stay out? Supposed to make breakfast and start work by 7am.

Watching sunset - Have been doing this the last 3 days and will continue.

Expose as much of naked skin as possible to sunlight. Start in the morning to build solar callus and gradually increase as tolerated. - Will do

Fluoride free water - I was looking into whole house water system for 4K, or a Berkey for drinking. Whole house system http://superiorwater.com/ do you have any advise?

plasma metanephrines? I may have done this test, I will check with the functional doctor.

23 and me? I watched a video of Dr. Jack Kruse talk about 23andMe test so he could give better advise on things, is this the test? https://www.23andme.com/dna-ancestry/

Again thank you so much for your reply :)

Attached Files:

5. Inna

Inna Platinum

Where do you live? La Mesa California... city in San Diego

Might want to consider periodic trips to Yakatan peninsula, PDC, though Dr Kruse would probably say that anything short of moving is like ‘pissing in the wind’

What kind of work do you do? I am an IT Guy computer screens all day. I have Flux installed but can I do more?

Yes, change occupation if possible..
    Blue blocking glasses, working outside, wired internet connection,

VITAMIN D, 25-OH, TOTAL 53 Reference Range: 30-100 ng/mL

Not completely trashed, though a bit low for summer months

VITAMIN D, 25-OH, D3 53 Reference Range: See Below ng/mL

VITAMIN D, 25-OH, D2 <4 Reference Range: See Below ng/mL

Thyroid function? Not sure what to look at. June labs attached

Can’t read those, might want to post as photo file

How is your sleep? I have sleep apnea due to weight but feel I sleep ok, it is the only time I feel better

Might want to read Dr kruse sleep apnea patreon blog

Leptin Rx - Epi-Paleo diet - Can you point me in the right direction here?

*** yes, google Jack Kruse my leptin prescription

Cold thermogenesis protocol - I will start this ASAP

****CT in the ocean is probably best given your location

Sphinx - watching sunrise / grounding - Have been doing this the last 3 days and will continue. Question sunrise here is about 6:15 am but do not really see the sun until 6:45 am. I know evenwhen it is overcast you get effects, buthow long should I stay out? Supposed to make breakfast and start work by 7am.

***eat breakfast and work ouside
    as much as possible

Watching sunset - Have been doingthis the last 3 days and will continue.

Expose as much of naked skin aspossible to sunlight. Start in the morning to build solar callus andgradually increase as tolerated. - Will do

Fluoride free water - I was looking into whole house water system for 4K, or a Berkey for drinking. Whole house system http://superiorwater.com/ doyou have any advise?

***buy bottled RO water
    Don’t waste your money on filters, they do not work to remove fluoride

plasma metanephrines? I may have done this test, I will check with the functional doctor.

***unlikely, might want to ask alopatic doc to do it to screen for pheochromacytoma given your symptoms and widely fluctuating BP

23 and me? I watched a video of Dr. Jack Kruse talk about 23andMe test so he could give better advise on things, is this the test?https://www.23andme.com/dna-ancestry/

***yes, though you would need someone to interpret those tests,
    I am not a big fan of testing

Again thank you so much for your reply:)

****you are welcome

6. Inna

Inna Platinum

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

awesome advise from Inna....

Just remember the three legged stool ....light, water and magnetism.

The leptin RX and C/T will make a huge difference for you.

Do you have Jack's book? Have you watched Jack's 3 Vermont talks? do you listen to all his podcasts? these are a great and fast way to get info.

Become a Gold member if you can and you will have access to Jack's monthly blogs and the follow up live Q&A when you can ask Jack anything.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

410#
    Total cholesterol 130
    Low testosterone
    High estrogen
    --------
    Major problem
    Get arterial calcium score test.
    Move to tropical area for few years.
    Live there outdoors.
    Drink only DDW-87.5ppm
    Eat when sun is up.
    Eat solid food once a day, what fills flat 10oz cup.
    Oysters, bacon, butter, coconut oil, cabbage, high ORAC spices.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Stay in tropics until
    You reach fasting insulin 2-3
    And your weight is below 200#

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  10. Aaron Freeman

Aaron Freeman New Member

How do I find this water? Drink only DDW-87.5ppm
    Can you recommend a quality Oysters or does that come down to just being locally bought?

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you need a real human avatar pic. Change it ASAP. It is a forum rule. Thread closed until the rule is followed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.