1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

AA/EPA Ratio of 25:1

Discussion in 'HCG Protocol' started by MaggieC, Apr 26, 2012.

1. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

First of all my highly sensitive CRP came in at 1.92 which the lab thought was high. That was my first clue that this might have been out of whack. A week later this came in...

AA/EPA Ratio

Eicosapontaenoic 16 (L) Range 5 - 210

Arachidonic 401 Range 158 - 521

AA/EPA 25 (H) Range 1 - 57

So, I guess I'll be taking fish oil while on hcg and eating a LOT MORE FISH. No wonder I've been having arthritis issues. I wanted to put this on the lab hacking thread, and I'm on hCG right now, so I thought this area would be more appropriate. I'm limited in food choices to correct this.

2. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

1.92 isn't extremely high though. It's higher than you want of course. So your omega3/6 ratio is off. I'm not familiar with that test enough to know what this means. I've never had one run because I eat so much fish I was pretty certain mine was good. Personally I wouldn't worry about it until I was off the hcg. If you stick to your normal white fish and grass fed beef and very little chicken while on the hcg, it should improve some because you're not taking in the omega 6 oils and things like nuts.

3. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

The big thing about the omega 6/3 ratio is that it is a great indicator of inflammation, as well as a host of other auto-immune diseases which I'm starting to exhibit. Chicken has been my primary protein, I never eat white fish, and although I raise beef, I don't eat my own!!! Sigh. Yes, major changes in the works. Convincing my family this needs to happen will be the hard part. As with everyone, money is tight, and spending even more on food isn't going to sit well with the budget. Perhaps I can start with me, and act as an example for the rest of the family. I'll do my best.

4. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Why don't you eat your own beef? That's the best place to start. And just cutting out snack stuff like potato chips will help lower that Omega 6. It's going to take some time but you can do it! :)

5. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

LOL potato chips. I can't remember the last time I had potato chips, about a year or so ago maybe??? On P2, fat is not my problem. I will be eating more salmon, beef, and shrimp. I also found out that chia seeds are extremely high in omega 3s, and that's something I can put in my breakfast smoothie. It has the added benefit of providing lots of fiber.

Oh, and to answer the eating my own beef question, we just haven't had the time, and don't have the ability to butcher it ourselves, so that means planning. The other reason is that one of my family would be horrified if we were eating Bessie! Now I understand the importance of eating grass fed and finished beef. We only have about 20 cows right now, they are mowers more than anything.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it is in my head.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

its not good.......and it means HCG is also a waste of money for her. Before using HCG you have to fix this.......Krill Oil and lots of Magnesium threonate. You need to read CT 12 that just went live. It should open your eyes.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Chia seeds cause a leaky gut and have a lot of omega sixes.......you need better info. chia is garbage.

9. colleencoble

colleencoble New Member

Doc, you should see the people I've seen who have lost weight on hcg and coming from a terribly bad SAD diet all their lives. Hcg always works. Always. It's up to the person to make changes after that but it's never worthless if a person decides things are going to be different. Hcg can be a springboard to a new way of life. I've seen it jumpstart SO many people to good health. One friend in particular has lost over 100 pounds with hcg and looks fabulous. I wish you could see her before and after pictures, including how much younger she looks. I'm sure her blood profile was way worse than this, but it's terrific now. But she made lifelong changes that are true and long lasting. She's doing everything you say to do, including CT now. She's teachable and that's all someone needs to turn their life around. :)

Hcg can be one of the many entry points to good health.

10. txritchies@att.net

txritchies@att.net New Member

I'm not seeing CT 12...is it going live today?

MaggieC,

My hs-crp was 1.06 when I tested last and I know there is room for improvement, but I felt like I was getting somewhere. Keep up the good work and you will see better numbers :)

11. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

Dr. K, thanks for chiming in. I feel like I've been visited by royalty! I know my hs_crp is off, and so is my AA/EPA. I will look at CT 12 as soon as it's up. (Just checked and it wasn't online yet.) I already have my plug for the tub, I just am so incredibly cold most of the time it's really hard to talk myself into a cold bath! (that's when I know the hcg is at work)

I was reading on one site that it takes between 1 - 4 years to change over the fat cells in the human body (based on a human and mouse study), and I was thinking, if I'm adjusting my omega 3/6 ratios while I'm losing the weight that is on my body now, wouldn't that speed the process significantly? That's my plan anyway. What I don't know is how long I should wait before doing these two tests again? How long does it take for a significant change to show up in my system?

What I can tell you is that I've dropped my body fat percentage from 31% to 27.2% since January, and slightly increased my lean mass at the same time. Part of those 4 months was 6 weeks + on the leptin reset.

Over the last 2 days, my diet has changed drastically, and that's amazing since I'm still on hcg. No more chicken, lots more tuna and salmon, krill oil, and more salmon. I'm eating at least 1 type of fish each day. I'm tracking the omegas that go into my diet as best I can, so I know what I'm putting in my mouth.

This round, I'm averaging 3.4 lbs per week on hcg, without CT. Part of that was a week when I was using some shots that I had stored for a couple of months in the freezer, and that slowed me down.

I saw that chia seeds have a ratio of 3:1 omega 3/6, and I thought that was good. I'll stick to wild salmon. I certainly don't need leaky gut.

It's also good to know that I've been taking the WRONG KIND OF MAGNESIUM!!! Back to the store... In all the articles I've read, Magnesium Theronate is good for brain function and nerve synapses in general. Is there another benefit that I should be aware of?

12. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

Wow Doc, just Wow. I read your Cold Thermogenesis 11 post. I get it. I won't be the only one in my household upgrading my magnesium intake by type and quantity. My other half needs it even more than I do since he has a couple of stents and is diabetic (controlling it now with food). I am THRILLED to have this information, and will act on it tomorrow, and have the magnesium on Monday. This may be a silly question, but can I use panty hose as a compression garment? I really only want to CT the bottom half of my body.

13. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I was reading this and jumped in your thread to see how you were doing. Do you use the vitamin e with mixed tocopherols?