1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

A new wardrobe

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by kjgraffin@yahoo.com, Feb 12, 2013.

1. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

One of the things that I have taken from the EMF blogs is to question the clothing I am wearing. I know that a lot of people have been discussing footwear, but I started thinking about the clothes I wear. I work in an office where the dress code is business casual. I typically wear dress pants and dressy shirts. They were all made of polyester and acrylic for the most part. Surely that can't be good for you either. So, this weekend I went shopping at the Goodwill and everything I bought was at least 90% cotton (some was 100% organic cotton), merino wool or silk. I then went home and cleaned out my closet and dresser drawers. I now have a wardrobe that consists of only natural fibers. I only spent $100. The last piece I have to do is bras and underwear (I don't buy that at Goodwill) so that will be a bigger expense.

I'm waiting on the EMF Rx before looking for shoes, as that will probably be a big expense as well.

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Business casual office attire for me too. I never actually considered the fabrics i wear everyday before in this. You just had to shine a light there, didn't you?:p

I do like cotton a lot, even if I also hate ironing. Have a handheld steamer that works pretty well. Smart idea on going to a Goodwill or Salvation Army. Consignment shops may be another good avenue to try.

Usually like to review my wardrobe each season and get rid of anything that is past its prime. Now is a good time for that.

Thanks for sharing

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

That was such a great proactive thing to do - I hadn't thought of that either.... altho I love silk shirts!! Well done.....

4. Thanks for bringing this subject up. It's good for all of us to consider what lies against our largest organ, the skin.

I was raised with mostly natural fabrics and to this day I wear t-shirts (mostly cotton) and jeans. For work I wear nicer t-shirts and dress pants that are 96% thin wool. I lvoe silk but hate having to keep that clean. The feel on the skin is quite heavenly!

5. janagram

janagram New Member

another jeans and t-shirts gal! (retired)

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yeah ... gotta love jeans and T-shirts! My idea of getting dressed up is - black jeans and a silk shirt!!

7. Hope

Hope Gold

Awesome! I've been doing this too, for a few years (except for underwear, ahem< TMI LOL)....I have found that with anything acrylic (except maybe if it's a T-shirt with 2% spandex) I could feel my skin not being able to breathe and I hated that.....and like with leather shoes, it seems like it's getting harder to find 100% natural stuff (I still love cashmere in winter...not fully cold adapted yet) but it is possible. I have one virgin lamb's wool sweater that I swear makes me feel all calm when I put it on. I have read about some wool being able to increase frequency....

Here is a newsletter excerpt from the essential oil company I use...written by David Stewart:

"Undoubtedly there are people who understand electrical units better than I. I understand that the Kings Chamber in the Great Pyramid in Egypt has an Hz of 121 and the sarcophagus in that chamber measures 117 Hz. Frequency in an empty tomb? How can that be? What is a Hertz? One cycle per second. What does that mean? Electromagnetic vibrations of Human beings, plants and essential oils are measured in megahertz. Megahertz – one million hertz. One million cycles per second around an atom creating energy.

Another unit of measure is called signature frequency. I was interested in that because of the research of a Jewish Doctor, Heidi Yellen**, who measured the frequencies of fabrics. She found the following:

Flax-linen has 5000 units of energy
    Camel hair – 5000 units
    Wool of lamb or goat -- 5000 units
    Polyester – zero; Nylon – zero
    Cotton – 40
    Organic cotton – 100
    Bio-engineered cotton – zero
    Black of any textile fabric – zero
    Silk – 15 units
    Cotton- flax linen blend – 40
    Rayon – zero.

I wrote Heidi for a clearer understanding of the signature frequency units and she sent me a draft of her upcoming book. In it I noted that Rose oil has the signature frequency of 5000 and I know Rose oil has the MHz frequency of 320. Therefore, presumably, Linen has a megahertz frequency of 320. A human body needs 62-68 MHz to be healthy. Essential oils raise frequency for improved health. Could Linen also?"

I hope they won't ever stop making all natural fiber clothes.

8. That's very interesting Hope. I know Rose Oil is a super expensive oil but if you closed your eyes you would think you were smelling a real rose. The good quality oil is absolutely amazing!

Darn, I love black clothes!

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

me too - love, love, love black clothes altho lately I have been buying melon colors and orange - a very strange departure for me. Is this quantum intuition?

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hope - do you know much about essential oils? I have been getting very interested lately. A friend does aromatherapy using doTerra and has given me a couple. I just adore the wild orange. What range do you use? and what significance have you found?

11. Hope

Hope Gold

Audrey, been using Young Living since 2007. LOVE THEM. haven't used antibiotics at all in that time - except for two parasites based on the GI Fx test where I felt I had to listen to the functional MD. But for colds, even bad sinus infections, various oils have been absolutely sufficient.....it's been awesome. I use about 50 different kinds. Expensive but last FOREVER, literally. They were used to embalm some of the mummies too, in Egypt. And they even found some vials when they opened tombs that still had oils in them that were OK...fascinating.

Is do terra pure? haven't heard of them.

You might try lavender for the sleep by the way.....

If you love wild orange, that is wonderful...i know regular orange is great for killing bugs and also depression......you can do a lot with oils and the brain, like emotional clearing though I haven't done that yet.

I had a wart removed (yuck I know) on my foot in 2009 and the doc said to use neosporin on the deep wound left.....I just kept putting on lavender instead. Amazing. It healed so well, you actually can't see that there was ever anything done.....not sure how much of that was podiatrist skill though. But I'm happy. When I read the ingredients to neosporin, I thought.....no thanks. lol.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Apparently DoTerra is very pure - food grade .... but I really don't know much about essential oils. The smell of DoTerra is very intense - I have bought another brand and it is nothing like it. I would love to know more about so may things ...so much to learn - so little time...

so- you mix your own? do you use a carrier oil and then add the essence?

13. Hope

Hope Gold

:) that is great. I never mix. You can, many do, and many oils you should add a carrier. Honestly, haven't in years...in the beginning maybe...not I just go neat when I use just a couple oils. Love it.

yes, there is so much to learn.....

What we do here....if I have an issue, say fighting a cold, DH will add a little oil on my spine (say almond oil, as a carrier), a few drops, and then he will add the other oils I pick, and rub them up and down my spine with the almond oil...they all mix right there on my back. :) Great stuff.

It's also the only perfume I use. No store-bought stuff. I get lots of compliments. Need very little :)

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have just been using DoTerra wild orang on my face - nothing else - I love it so much ....I am going to check out yours tho. But I am confused ...I thought you should just mix a few drops of the essence to a carrier oil?

Have you tried the one Misty was talking about? a Pg one?