1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

A lesson in marketing..........

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Jack Kruse, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

A lesson in marketing: This is why I am not a JOOV fan or supporter. Two of my members gave me their panels to hack because of some uneven data points. They asked me to hack them and I took the panels apart and tore into the data I found and what their marketing said. They offered to send me panels to hack but I told them there was no need too. I already had off the rack product from my members they sold. They have asked me many times to hawk their products and when I hacked them I realized they were lying and found out how they altered Hamblin charts when I looked my the data carefully. Marketing 101. The first thing that suffers in marketing is the truth. I do not want to do business with bullshit artists. You can choose if you want to use their panels on your own.

https://saunaspace.com/saunaspace-vs-joovv/

2. drezy

drezy Gold

Bravo!

One of the members here sent me a video of one of these units and I could see the flicker straight from the video frame by frame.

Given the price of the god damned unit the flicker and power filtering seriously sucked donkey d*ck!

Phosphene, Sajid Mahmood and Freader like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

A lesson in marketing: This is why I am not a JOOV fan or supporter. Two of my members gave me their panels to hack because of some uneven data points. They asked me to hack them and I took the panels apart and tore into the data I found and what their marketing said. They offered to send me panels to hack but I told them there was no need too. I already had off the rack product from my members they sold. They have asked me many times to hawk their products and when I hacked them I realized they were lying and found out how they altered Hamblin charts when I looked my the data carefully. Marketing 101. The first thing that suffers in marketing is the truth. I do not want to do business with bullshit artists. You can choose too if you want to use their panels on your own.
    https://saunaspace.com/saunaspace-vs-joovv/

JanSz, Antonis and drezy like this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I had a feeling there was going to be some BS because one of the owners who I briefly spoke to told me he was from Minn and worked for Medtronic. That is a company I used to do a lot of business with, so I made some phone calls and to get some back round data on the owner and his character after my hacks were complete. I would note I never said anything publically about it because I believe in capitalism and think people need to do their own testing and draw their own conclusions. I protect my members and they know I have not been a JOOV supporter. I never felt the need to delve into why, but when you publish false claims and disparage someone else who is trying like hell to help people I feel you do have a duty to say something so others can hack the product and come to a more educated opinion of whether they want to use a fake red light or the sun. For me and my members the answer is obvious.

Phosphene, caroline, Antonis and 2 others like this.
  5. Forest

Forest Gold

Is a uv 360 led good or should not be done at all. What about a uv led joov

6. Joseph Thia

Joseph Thia Aspiring Mitochondriac

What are you trying to achieve with the UV LED?

drezy likes this.
  7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

You cannot hack the sun. If you want to use anequivalent from cooking,using artificial lights is like making chili con carne, but leaving out the beans and meat.
    If you want to learn here is a good video from Dr Wunsch to start with. You will not get everything at once but minimum you will understand that light cannot be chosen according to whim but needs careful planning .This is why noone jumps or why noone should jump to help you with a shopping list.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^^THAT

SunnyDay likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

On this board we view electric light in negative way.
    The video you are quoting reminds me that as steam and electricity promoted industrialization, massive population shifts were happening.
    People begun to work and live in crowded and dark buildings. Other were working in mines.
    Lupus, tuberculosis and rickets were rampant. All due to lack of light.
    1945, my neighbor with tuberculosis was dying, kept in the dark room.
    While other neighbor, she was a nurse in nearby sanatorium that treated people with tuberculosis, basically just by forcing them to stay outside during the day.
    Few years latter, at school, I was checked for tuberculosis.
    Turned out that I was exposed to it but was able to develop antibodies that saved me.

Phosphene, Lahelada and Jack Kruse like this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

What happens when looking directly at the sun.

upload_2018-8-6_7-47-58.png

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2018-8-6_8-9-5.png

Antonis likes this.
  12. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

LSD often causes you to do stupid shit like this.

Looking into the sunrise or sunset wont.

That is the point.

Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  14. DLO

DLO StarFish

How is saunaspace any bulb any different than other NIR say 'therabulb'
    Short of having shielded cords and sockets?
    How does this deal with what leanne venier was saying about NIR having too small the correct spectrum of lead and that pretty much all the energy goes towards heat? Something like 95%+ to heat.
    Have you tested the clearlight? Would sticking Sauna space in a clearlight give a fuller spectrum and be a good idea?

Jack have you tested redlightman's stuff?
    I dont disagree there is no replacement for the sun but some of the people here are implying the panels might do more harm then good due to artificial (small) spectrum.
    I understand you want to go south more during the winter but when your actually at high lattitude will these "red panels" help more or hurt more?
    Say if it's winter your doing CT in the ocean morning sunrise do u still want to implement these panels during daylight hours or cut them out?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018 at 5:35 PM
    Phosphene likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have and his stuff is all over place. Lots of flicker.

16. DLO

DLO StarFish

Do you mean redlightman or clearlight is all over the place?

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

18. shiran

shiran Curious